PDA

View Full Version : I'm Tired

Kore
11-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Bill Cosby "I'm 76 and Tired"

Except for brief period in the 50's when I was doing my National Service, I've worked hard since I was 17. Except for some serious health challenges, I put in 50-hour weeks, and didn't call in sick in nearly 40 years. I made a reasonable salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, it looks as though retirement was a bad idea, and I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it.

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries use our oil money to fund mosques and madrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in Australia , New Zealand, UK, America and Canada , while no one from these countries are allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia or any other Arab country to teach love and tolerance..

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate.

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses or stick a needle in their arm while they tried to fight it off?

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

I'm really tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems.

I'm also tired and fed up with seeing young men and women in their teens and early 20's be-deck them selves in tattoos and face studs, thereby making themselves un-employable and claiming money from the Government.

Yes, I'm really tired. But I'm also glad to be 76.. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making.
I'm just sorry for my granddaughter and her children. Thank God I'm on the way out and not on the way in.

denuseri
11-15-2011, 04:54 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/imtired.asp

Apparently its not even the words of Mr Cosby.

Outside of that it sounds exactly like the typical elitist propaganda the top 1% fiscally wish for the rest of us to think.

TwistedTails
11-15-2011, 09:09 PM
So the proper attribute should be Robert A. Hall a former Mass. State Senator and Marine Corp veteran. Thanks for the research denuseri. Though I wouldn't call his writing "elitest propaganda" since he is entitled to his opinion, which he seems to give freely at his blog http://tartanmarine.blogspot.com/ . I don't have to agree with everything he says to agree that a lack personal responsibility is a serious problem here in the USA.

Cheers

Kore
11-16-2011, 12:58 AM
Hey, great find and never looked into it that deep. Well done.

The idea was to draw attention to those thoughts, as much as some seemed a bit too much. Some people "quietly think that way"
There are some that do ring true, may not be tired but oh so annoyed.

Another reason I cut cable TV and the satellite.

rocco
11-17-2011, 07:08 AM
Yeah its like this guy i met once in the street!
He said he was christian, and didnt smoke, drink or swear!
Then as we went our seperate ways he announced. "Oh fuck it! Ive left my ciggies down the pub!"

lucy
11-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Some people "quietly think that way"
Some people? More like millions of them and counting. And like the dude who wrote that, their biggest problem is that they're idiot who don't understand much of the world.

Also, why doesn't he buy his oil from Venezuela?

IAN 2411
11-17-2011, 03:00 PM
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php/24078-Im-tired-At-63...By-Robert-A-Hall

denuseri
11-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Nice catch Ian, but Im still going to repeat what I said back there here...winks:

"I'm 30 and I'm Tired as well"
by Denuseri.

I've had a job of one kind or another since I was 17. Vet tech, Nurse, Dancer, Model, Acting, Book Store Clerk and hopefully one day a history teacher. Funny thing is I have/will make way more money dancing then I ever have/will in any of the above I am sure...go figure. Given the economy, there's no retirement benifits in sight for me, and I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm tired of fat assed selfish rich fucks (regardless of how they came to their money or what political party they claim if any) who make way more money than they or any sane person will ever use or need bitching about their taxes and or being told to have some sence of civic responsibility and "spread the wealth" a little to people who have fallen on hard times or just were not so blessed and lucky enough to have landed some big fat cat kind of job or inheirited a big chunk of dough.

I'm tired of being told how bad some people in America are or are not by idiots who swallowed the Kool aid of any paticular political party.

I'm tired of assholes who are in a country based on religious freedom and toleration spouting hate about ANY religion.

I'm tired of being told that there is no need for affirmative action.

I think it's very cool that we have a mixed race president and that a mixed race child is doing her homework at the desk where Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation.

I am no fan of Obama but that doesn't mean I wish the president was Condi Rice.

I'm tired of the main stream corperate controlled media period. All of them are assholes imho and lack any sence of journalistic integrity.

I'm tired of the seemingly lack of "tolerance for other cultures" that America as scion of Euro-centric thinking has inheirited and continues to expouse.

I'm tired of assholes and idots abusing thier wealth and not conserving energy as our collective populations increase out of control along with rampant rescource consumption and lack of enviromental responsibility slowley but surely overwhelming the planet we live on.

I'm tired of people who lack compassion for their fellows.

I'm tired of assholes bitching about hispanic people wanting to come to work in the united states or any where for that matter. I think we should have countries without boarders.

Im also tired of assholes who think english should be the only language spoken anywhere.

I'm also tired of people, who would never wear the uniform of the Republic themselves, or let their entitlement-handicapped kids near a recruiting station, trashing our military.
They and their kids can sit at home, never having to make split-second decisions under life and death circumstances, and bad mouth better people than themselves.. Do bad things happen in war? You bet. Do our troops sometimes misbehave? Sure. Does this compare with the atrocities that were the policy of our enemies for the last fifty years and still are? Not even close.

But I do not care how the other side treats it's prisoners or conducts war, WE are the United States of America damit and we should not lower ourselves to the level of our enemies. We should not rape, torture, pillage. We should fight to defend, and to liberate only and we should dam well every single one of us stand up and say something when those we trust to protect us fall astray.

I'm tired of political polarization.

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of both parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

Speaking of poor, I'm tired of hearing people with air-conditioned homes, colour TVs and two cars called poor. The majority of Americans didn't have that in 1970, but we didn't know we were "poor." The poverty pimps have to keep changing the definition of poor to keep the dollars flowing.

I'm real tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems but I am also tired of assholes who think discrimination doesnt exist etc.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 30 but I am glad that Mr Hall is so old and wont be around much longer,,,,,becuase its the assholes of his generation etc who have run things into the ground and as soon as they are gone, maby we can fix things for our own posterity.

Denuseri is the duaghter of a Marine veteran, and married to still serving Airforce Veteran and has served many a lap dance in her day.

IAN 2411
11-18-2011, 03:24 PM
denu...You really aught to have a rest, because I can sense the venom in that writing that was there twelve months ago...lol

denuseri
11-19-2011, 07:12 AM
lol Just being sweet and sour. Besides someone had to tailor a response to the bellicose rhetoric this sophist guy Hall is spouting off with.

IAN 2411
12-01-2011, 01:44 AM
I am Tired, because I drove 40 miles yesterday for a meeting and when I got there it had been cancelled ten minutes before my arrival

I am Tired, because as I was driving home I had a puncture in my rear tyre causing it to be flat at the bottom.

I am Tired, because the spare wheel was also flat but was not for being flat at the bottom, but due to there being a lack of air all around.

I am Tired, because the motor agency I am a member of would not come to my rescue because the spare was not serviceable. I then walked a mile carrying wheel to repair shop, ending up not Tired but knackered.

I am Tired, because when returning to my car there was no Jack, I waited two hours for the motor agency to turn up.

I am Tired, because it was dark when I returned home and found I was in a power cut for the next three hours.

I am tired, because I waited until twelve midnight to turn all the plugs on once the main power started to flow.

I am Tired, because due to all the things that had taken place during the day, a stress rash had appeared up one arm and gave me no peace.

I am Tired, because I was awake this morning at 4.30 a.m. because that damn rash would not let me sleep.

I am Tired, because it is now 8 a.m. and my eyes are hurting and the bloody doctor won't see me for another 4 hours. To be quite honest I really am quite knackered.

Be well IAN 2411

Lion
12-01-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.
I'm really really tired of people so ignorant about history to know that at one point or another, every religion has been a major excuse to kill. I despise what's being done in the name of my religion, but I can help but wonder about this uneducated people who completely ignore the worst mass killing in the world to exterminate another religion was headed by a Catholic. That the crusades were barbaric to put it nicely, the Spanish Inquisition, the intentional small pox infections of Natives of North America, the persecution of Jews during the Black Plague, the blatant discrimination against blacks in US because it was in the bible somewhere?, the massive discrimination against gays and lesbians, and the list goes on and on.

I don't hate Christians or Christianity, I hate those who abuse the word of God to do evil, whether they claim to be Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Jewish, or whatever they may be.

Thorne
12-01-2011, 08:32 PM
I hate those who abuse the word of God to do evil
Which word of God? Which God? There have been so many, and none of them actually said a thing. It's all smoke and mirrors. The words of the Torah, the Bible and the Quran are so contradictory and vague that anyone can use them to justify just about anything. And people do just that.

I'm tired of people claiming that the bloviations of ancient shamans are really the word of some god, if you just interpret them right. Hogwash.

thir
12-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
I hate those who abuse the word of God to do evil

Which word of God? Which God? There have been so many, and none of them actually said a thing. It's all smoke and mirrors. The words of the Torah, the Bible and the Quran are so contradictory and vague that anyone can use them to justify just about anything. And people do just that.

I can understand Lion! My sprituality/ideology/religion? is also abused as being evil, when it is really about liking the Earth and its wonders, and wanting to save it all for my grandchildren if I ever get some - ok, someboy else's grandchildren.

ksst
12-03-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm tired of our local newspaper. The front page news Friday, the top story, was the new version of the Catholic mass that has just come out. Everyone in town evidently needs to know it by Sunday. Instead of "peace to all" it's going to be "Peace to all men of good will". Why not just say "death to the infidel" and be done with it?

Sorry, rant over.

Thorne
12-03-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm tired of our local newspaper.
Count yourself lucky! Our local paper's lead story was about how excited people are over having a street repaved! I could barely contain my joy.

lucy
12-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Count yourself lucky too. I didn't even get to read the papers today. And now I'm too tired. Nighty night :)

ksst
12-03-2011, 06:54 PM
I could barely contain my joy.

I can tell :)