PDA

View Full Version : Increasing thresholds of pain

semsroses_selinacd
01-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Hi all or greetings A/all

I'm putting my first post up and a little nervous though reading through previouse threads i read an article on pain training but i was left feeling like great iof your a female submissive or owned slave but what about us male submissives who would like to increase there pain threshold. Is there anyway of building it up? And how have other male submissives increased there threshold or how have Dominates help increasing the threshold?

I hope i don't come accross as stupid, sorry self doubter here. If anyone has any ideas or methosds or examples please let me know.

Thanks

selina

jaro_99
01-19-2005, 06:09 PM
pain threshold. Is there anyway of building it up?

Years ago I heard the story of a pro footballer in the US (the Jets if memory serves) who claimed to have raised his pain threshold (in terms of playing a collision sport) by including in his weight training the activity of resting an otherwise empty 'long bar' across his throat. Those things can weigh about 15kg and after a while it would start to have quite an effect.

I think pain threshold can be increased in general terms. Weight training or regular hard exercise can do it. Women give birth and that seems to do amazing things for their tolerance for pain.

Do you just want to raise your pain threshold in general though? I mean, say we're talking about being caned - do you just want someone to be able to whack you even harder...or is the idea to increase the mutual enjoyment of the caning and the associated play? I mean, its just not that much fun surely to just lie there and have someone hit you with a cane. Its gotta be the whole experience, right?

So the more important stuff would be the context in which pain is administered/received...the specific technique used to apply it...as well as the exact nature and location of the pain.

Using the cane example, with the right kind of arousal a person might find that they can endure a greater force. Or that maybe they enjoy or can accept a different area being caned than when 'cold'. It could just be that most people have some areas where they can accept a greater level of force or pain than others - across the arse might be fine for heavy blows whereas the breasts might require more delicate handling.

Which, btw, does not make caning those breats any less enjoyable *grin*

And that might be the point - the fun does not have to revolve around the power put into the caning/flogging/spanking whatever. Hmmm...though as one who wields the cane its true 'full blooded' can be fun *he he*

J

slavelucy
01-20-2005, 01:52 AM
Hi there,

You might want to take a look at this thread:

Pain Training (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1851)

Hope this is helpful. :)

sl