PDA

View Full Version : Self Publishing

lucy
11-30-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm thinking about self publishing my books. Has somebody experience with that? I was thinking about Smashwords.com, but have no idea whether that's any good, especially when it comes to German books.

Any help and experiences would be very much appreciated.

leo9
01-20-2012, 07:12 AM
I don't know about Smashwords, but I've found Lulu.com reasonable and user-friendly. The big drawback of self-publishing, of course, is that you have to do all your own promotion - books don't sell themselves.

IAN 2411
02-22-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm thinking about self publishing my books. Has somebody experience with that? I was thinking about Smashwords.com, but have no idea whether that's any good, especially when it comes to German books.

Any help and experiences would be very much appreciated.

I have just self published a book on both Amazon and Smashwords...Are you talking about E publishing or paper/hard back? there is a lot of formating, but to you lucy that should be easy...i am not that good at formating so i pay $20 and get someone to do it for me. I also paid to have it edited properly and it was well worth it....they are experienced and your book is never kicked back.

Be well IAN 2411

lucy
02-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Oh, only seen this again just now. Thanks leo and Ian. Yeah, the promotion is the big drawback. All that crap that keeps me from the actualy writing is a drawback, actually. But I'll take a look at lulu.com, too.
I'm thinking of E-publishing. Although I've seen a great many books printed on paper who are barely any better than mine (at least my German ones) I still feel that no trees should be cut for my smut ;)

Again: Grazie!

John Tagliaferro
04-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Don't forget CreateSpace.Com for paperbacks. They have an option to publish free, print on demand, set your own price. Or you can pay the setup charge for a greater royalty.