PDA

View Full Version : Learning to let go

Intrigued26
12-04-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm newer to this community, and I'm fairly sure I'm submissive.The one major problem I've been having is to be able let go and have that one person take control. I've had an abusive past, and now that I'm in complete control of my life I'm reluctant to let go.Trust is very hard for me, and in these of situations that kind of complete trust has been impossible for me.

So I wanted to ask your advice on how you've learned to deal/ how you've been able to put that kind of trust in someone. Just general tips on how to make it easier?

Thanks!

ksst
12-05-2011, 03:40 PM
It takes time; you have to get to know someone slowly and trust your instincts. Don't rush into trusting too quickly, it's not worth it.

Intrigued26
12-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Thank you for your advice. ^.^

atomikaa
12-08-2011, 01:00 PM
I have a similar past and have found letting go to be a huge relief...once I got there. You can't rush into completely giving yourself over, knowing that they will have the opportunity to hurt you and there isn't a thing to do about it. The thing that finally did it for me was actually a bit of discipline. It was the first time I had earned a spanking and the release of tension I got when I was bent over his knee triggered my ability to let loose in later sessions. That act let me know that he was really just there to help me grow as a person. It's different for everyone, I'm sure but since we share a similar background, maybe your trigger will also be similar.

I wish you the best of luck!!