PDA

View Full Version : Shaving Question

Hotstuff23
12-13-2011, 05:59 PM
My Master just told me that he expects me to be properly groomed daily or there will be punishments. As it is right now I have very sensitive skin nd therefore only shave my legs weekly. Also, I have never shaved my pussy. Everytime I trim my bikini line I get horrible bumps and it itches like hell when growing back in. Does anybody have any suggestions? Are there certain things i should use? Is it safe to shave your pussy daily? I am brand new to having grooming standards and want to be able to please my Master. Thank you in advance.

karley
12-13-2011, 06:16 PM
First and foremost you have to remember that if you're dedicated to a shaving regime your skin irritation will go away... But it will take time. My suggestion is to look up some online articles to tell you the proper way, but here are some tips I can give you. 1. Trim your pubic hair first, not only will this make shaving a billion times easier, but it prevents your razor from getting clogged up and dull. 2. Use a new razor, and if you're really serious about it, it's recommended that you use a separate razor for your pussy than the one you use for your legs. 3. Shave thoroughly, but don't shave over the same spot more than twice - this will increase the amount of razor bumps you get. 4. Use plenty of shaving cream or shaving oil (the trick for me, that really cut down on shaving irritation was to use a product called Shave Secret - you can get it at any WalMart - I have sensitive skin also, and I had next to no razor bumps after using it) 4. Exfoliate the area you shaved once you are done. 5. Moisturize the area as soon as you get out of the shower and at least once a day after that. 6. Do NOT shave again until your razor bumps are gone, it will only cause you to bleed and your skin won't heal. If your Dom has a problem with it, just explain that to him. I think that's all the advice I have to give. Also, after going through about a bottle and a half of Shave Secret (and using it on my legs as well as my pussy) I switched to regular shaving cream and had absolutely no problem. But the real key to is to shave as often as possible (as soon as the razor bumps go down). This will force your skin to adjust. Hope this helps!!

lucy
12-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Very good advice. I can only add that it's better to shave after a shower or, even better, after soaking in the bath for a while.

Austerus
12-15-2011, 10:10 AM
A ha! Lucy left me an opening to offer info on a subject I otherwise know very little about. Human hair, dry, has tensile strength that approaches that of copper wire. Once it has been wet for three minutes it loses 80% of that tensile strength. So shaving after soaking or taking a shower is going to be much easier and will keep your razor sharper.

For science!

sub_sequent
12-15-2011, 11:32 AM
And shave _with_ the growth of the hair, not against it. At first, at least. I found that really helped keep the razor burn to a minimum.

I did alot of reading before i started shaving and i read using conditioner to shave with if you have a sensitive skin cuts down on the irritation. And i found it to be true :)

ksst
12-15-2011, 06:25 PM
I used a conditioner at first too- now just soap is ok. You know what I found really wonderful- the first time I was shaved completely my Master did it to me. It was quite exciting. I soaked first, then got out and laid on the floor, was shaved, then took another shower after.

KittenTay
12-15-2011, 10:04 PM
My master only asks that I keep it neat. Though I myself am tiring of the shaving (I to have sensitive skin) so I'm looking into waxing. I have many friends who do so and they all agree that it is much easier and lasts longer. if you have fears of shaving so often I would recommend the waxing. Just make sure you find a place that is well known for being able to take care of their clients. I would also speak with your Mast before going. I know some Dom/Domme's do not like for others to see there subs privates. I hope this helps!

rosemaryj {domin8tor}
12-15-2011, 11:28 PM
also inbelievably, aftershave! it makes the hairs stand up properly again afterwards - so you dont get as much chance of sore/ingrowing hairs as it regrows!! takes a deep breath - but it works!

Ozme52
12-15-2011, 11:30 PM
A ha! Lucy left me an opening to offer info on a subject I otherwise know very little about. Human hair, dry, has tensile strength that approaches that of copper wire. Once it has been wet for three minutes it loses 80% of that tensile strength. So shaving after soaking or taking a shower is going to be much easier and will keep your razor sharper.

For science!

Really?? Is that true for all girls or just the redheads? ;)

brwneydgirl
12-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Waxing is a good solution...for the first time. But if you want to continue to wax, you'll (or your waxer-lady) will need some re-growth to attach to. So, if you'd like to start with a good and thorough waxing, it's a nice start.

When you're ready to start shaving it, though, here's what I do: I dry shave. I use lots and lots of baby powder and stand in front of the bathroom mirror with my foot up on the sink and a towel draped over the sink and laid on the floor. I use a brand new razor every time (without fail) and go at it. No water necessary. Your skin will be nice and soft afterwards. I do get razor bumps but that usually only lasts about a day and you'll have to keep it up about every other day...maybe every two days if your hair grows slowly or if a little stubble isn't a big deal.

Good luck. :)

Hotstuff23
12-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Thank you everyone for the responses. I successfully removed all the hair and a working up to shaving every other day. It feels so different with no hair down there but i need to figure out which razor I want to use full time that will give me the most pleasurable results for my Master. Hopefully my skin will get used to this so that I can stop having the razor bumps, Man do they itch! Bikini Zone isn't working for the itch and makes it worse, but I am wondering if standard vitamin e oil would help. Anyone got any advice there? Thanks!

susiq
03-14-2012, 03:56 AM
I have found that baby oil helps a bit with the itch.

maria32
05-25-2012, 08:55 AM
i always use a mans razor to shave done there, you get much better results ;)

scorpiovixen
05-28-2012, 02:03 AM
thank you very much for starting the post
and for all those who responded.!! all very helpful info...
omg, i have a tattoo.. and genital piercings which can make shaving even more of a challenge
and of course want to have a good shave... lol
but couldn't ever get it to come out right..
i will try this and the suggestion of soakings/showering first..
i appreciate your helpful info..

have a wonderful summer!!!

DMskitty
09-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Brazilian that could tell me if I should?? I am dark haired and want to know what to expect and if its worth it

scorpiovixen
09-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Well, expect pain.. lol
i have had it done a number of times prior to piercings and a tattoo....
i am med brown

His_lisa
09-14-2013, 02:23 PM
I don't think the pain is bad at all from a Brazilian, the only area that had me take a deep breath was the area around my clit. The results are well worth it!

jinx
09-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Waxing is no doubt more effective, but personally ... I kind of like shaving. There's a nice little ritualistic feeling to it when I'm doing it under instructions form my Domme. It's an additional step in the grooming process, making sure it's done well and treated to I won't get bumps or (too much) itching. It's also a good bit cheaper!

But then, it's entirely possible I'm just a bit weird :P

just_ine
09-15-2013, 02:51 AM
I'm with jinx on this one. I simply love the whole ritual... The absolutely smooth feel....not a stubble to be felt.
Also, it is part of my routine now and an excellent excuse for some ... Extra touching.:excitement:

chipmunk_
09-15-2013, 06:17 AM
i'll chime in with another vote for shaving as a ritual of sorts. i feel like i'm carefully preparing myself for my Master's touch when i shave. i tend to use conditioner and a nice sharp razor.

just_ine
09-15-2013, 09:37 AM
I also use conditioner!! It really works against itching!

ready
09-16-2013, 09:12 PM
My first Brazilian definitely hurt but it wasn't unbearable. In some spots, I hardly felt it. Others were more painful, with the worst being the area on top of your pubic bone - I admit that hurt quite a bit. The esthetician will hold your skin taut when pulling off the strips, which helps - you can even offer to help her hold your skin taut as she works in different areas. I always take an anti-inflammatory, like Tylenol, an hour before the appointment. In terms of pain, I think it is the thickness of your hair that counts rather than the color. I've heard Brazilians are more painful for girls with coarser hair.

A few tips...Don't go when you are premenstrual (or menstrual) - you'll be more sensitive. Trim your hair before you go to about 1/2 inch long. You don't want it full length because that would cause unnecessary pain. If you regularly shave all your hair off, you'll need to let it grow out to at least 1/4 inch so the wax has something to cling to. I always wear loose clothing and panties without tight elastic, to prevent irritation from the friction caused by tighter clothing after the appointment. My esthetician says to avoid sex for 24 hours after the waxing because you don't want bacteria getting into the open follicles. (Easier said than done though.)

The good news is that while the first time can be quite painful, the pain lessens with each wax. I was thrilled after my first one - the pain was totally worth it. And now, it isn't a big deal. If you haven't had a regular bikini wax, you might want to try that first.

ickleimi
10-20-2013, 02:19 PM
I've found electric razors are best followed up with nivea non perfumed after shave balm. When its growing back I use the nivea comfort and care deodrant its made for calming down under arms after shaving but stops the itching on lady bits too :)

ickleimi
10-20-2013, 02:25 PM
oh and I do it in a hot room straight after a bath as the hairs come out the skin furhter so you don't get bumps left!

sinead
10-21-2013, 10:49 AM
You could always get it lazered off permanently. It stops all the rashes, bumps ingrown hairs etc... I used to shave, then changed to waxing but have now had it permanently removed. I love it and would definitely recommend it.

solitudeisme
11-02-2013, 11:32 AM
You could always get it lazered off permanently. It stops all the rashes, bumps ingrown hairs etc... I used to shave, then changed to waxing but have now had it permanently removed. I love it and would definitely recommend it.
How many sessions does that take?

sinead
11-02-2013, 01:38 PM
It took 4 sessions over a 6 week period each session... A week after the first time you go you're wondering why you went... It didn't work etc... The hair looks like its continuing to grow. Once you exfoliate ... Wow.. The Lazer has killed the hair at the root so it doesn't grow back -can be a little expensive but worth it imho, I've never got to worry about it again.... Getting my legs done next :)

solitudeisme
11-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Coolio, something to consider. ty

gracieflower
11-14-2013, 07:43 PM
To have the laser hair removal done properly, usually you are told to do so over 3-6 months as hair regrowth cycles can be every four weeks. The result will be nice after six weeks, but in six months to a year, more often the hair will start to come back again because the follicles were not completely dead. My opinion would be to shop around and make sure you are getting consistent responses and pricing ... If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Sir Robert88
03-15-2014, 12:26 AM
My Master just told me that he expects me to be properly groomed daily or there will be punishments. As it is right now I have very sensitive skin nd therefore only shave my legs weekly. Also, I have never shaved my pussy. Everytime I trim my bikini line I get horrible bumps and it itches like hell when growing back in. Does anybody have any suggestions? Are there certain things i should use? Is it safe to shave your pussy daily? I am brand new to having grooming standards and want to be able to please my Master. Thank you in advance.

Shaving cream helps and also shave in a very nice pattern and ten don't shave all

Whipper
03-18-2014, 10:00 AM
use hair remover

Sirs_GoodGirl (Whyteknyght)
04-12-2014, 02:51 AM
I am very lucky and do not get razor burn, well hardly EVER; here is my routine.
I shower or bathe, clean my entire body before starting. This softens the hair as stated multiple times above. If I have more than a quarter inch of growth i first trim using an electric razor, down to a stubble. Then I use conditioner, and a huge ungainly (but amazing!) razor such as the Venus. Its' blades are surrounded by solid conditioner/alo vera, and that combination takes it to a smooth as silk feel. NO bumps and no hair!
On the rare occasion that I do have razor burn, I will not shave until the bumps are gone. Otherwise, you will shave off your skin, scab, and (if you're as light as I am) actually have a small scar! It's not attractive!
Waxing is painful but for many of us, that's not really the issue now is it :P. Again, repeating others' advice, ask your Master first.
I've never done laser removal but I'd definitely do it if I could afford it. Though the new-ish shaving system , ugh, of course I am blanking on the name, but it's "seen on tv", and is hugely pricey (but only once!), uses heat to basically burn/melt the hair down to the follicle. The reviews are all raves, and the hair growth seems to lessen after long term usage, and often just plain stop. Still cannot remember the name, but it's a full money back PLUS they pay for return shipping, they're that confident.....google "as seen on tv bladeless razor" or some such and i'm sure you'll find it.
Now that I'm thinking about it...I'm going to do the same and put it on my "I want" wish list!
Good luck with your quest for a silky smooth, bumpless pussy....you can do it. You just have to find the right system for you :)
And you may be lucky, like me, and not have razor burn issues :)
I'm a platinum blond but my pubic hair is a mix of red, gold, and light blond. Its definitely NOT "thin". Its very course, so even if you're dark haired down there you may have no issue with bumps.

Question2
05-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Im not sure if anyone still reads this thread, but arent there creams you can apply after shaving/waxing that inhibit hair growth? I believe most waxing parlours would recommend something like that...

bethsub
05-14-2016, 07:52 PM
I recommend getting lasered. It is easy, safe and provides a much smoother finish. It is expensive though, but my master loves it.

Crushers Rose
02-08-2017, 12:47 PM
For any who are interested, coconut oil is great for shaving. I shave with it, and then also use it as a moisturizer afterward. It prevents ingrown hair, and it's great for skin as well. Just make sure you use 100% organic extra virgin coconut oil that is cold-pressed. Otherwise, it's had all of the good stuff removed from it.

slaveboy 6
03-03-2017, 03:03 PM
I know most people think about pussies being shaved, but sometimes Dommes make their male slaves shave their entire bodies except for the top of their heads.

Chocolateboy
04-21-2017, 06:50 AM
I've always shaved certain parts of my body...and when I do, it's always been a wet shave (so in the shower). If there is a bit of growth before I start it's usually the clippers to shorten.

I think the type of moisturising lotion you use is entirely up to you. Coconut oil as stated above is good. I personally use J&J but whatever you do I would say if your not used to it apply something...as you may itch once the hair re-grows.