PDA

View Full Version : Getting horny while writing stories

MrDang
12-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Hi everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to post this so apologies in advance. Feel free to relocate to the right forum.

I've recently started writing a story of my own. It's going pretty well but I'm running into a slight problem. Every time I sit down to write, I get so turned on by my own stories that it's almost torturous~! So if I take an hour or so to write, I'm spending that time constantly aroused. If I, ahem, take care of myself then I dull the inspiration that I'm using to fuel the plot. Also I write whenever I have spare time and sometimes that involve a public place. Can't exactly do anything in broad daylight.

Do other authors have the same problem and what do they do about it?

I'm aware that for some, this is a desired effect and I can't deny that it's an incredibly awesome feeling so this might not be a problem.

ksst
12-14-2011, 10:17 AM
I write just before my Master gets home. Then I'm all set. Whee!

himannv
12-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Haha I know exactly what you're talking about. I spend ages just to write or rewrite a couple of paragraphs. Its slow going. Sometimes I'm shocked that even managed to finish a full story. In fact the one that got published was a bit hurried in the end for this reason. If I had sat down to write it slowly it would still be in production probably.

MrDang
12-15-2011, 01:10 AM
I write just before my Master gets home. Then I'm all set. Whee!

Unfortunately I don't have anyone to play with, so I'm just left frustrated :(

lucy
12-16-2011, 03:22 AM
Happens to me too. But being the good girl I am I just endure the torture and keep writing ;)

himannv
12-17-2011, 05:53 AM
Happens to me too. But being the good girl I am I just endure the torture and keep writing ;)

I envy you. I could probably finish a story in half the time if I could do what you do.

js207
12-19-2011, 06:42 AM
It happens ... yes, it does slow progress on my writing, though not in an unpleasant way. The down side is a story never has as much effect second time round, so I can't enjoy reading my own work afterwards as much as I would if another author had written the same story. I'm wondering if writing in turns with a co-author might work better in that respect.

Venom
12-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Why, what a bunch of horny bunnies you are! :)

My story-writing never had that effect on me, at least not to that extend. I reckon it doesn't work for me, just in the same way a suspenseful part does not trigger any excitement within me because I wrote it myself.

js207
12-19-2011, 11:00 AM

My story-writing never had that effect on me, at least not to that extend. I reckon it doesn't work for me, just in the same way a suspenseful part does not trigger any excitement within me because I wrote it myself.

I think the key difference is that as I write a story, I visualise it happening - and being the first time, it's still new and interesting to me; when I come back to read my own work, it doesn't have the same effect.

MrDang
12-20-2011, 07:50 AM
I guess for me since I'm writing about my fantasies that it's always stimulating no matter how often I go over it in my head or read it written down. It's the reason why I've always had intentions of writing but could never get to the actual writing stage. What should happen is:
Picture the scene in my head, add descriptive words, write it down :)

Which became:
Picture scene in my head... fap, fap, fap :je

I've actually found that writing in a public place helps me focus a little, since I know that I can't do anything to relieve my tensions (without getting arrested anyway) it gives me a little more willpower.

ksst
12-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Mine are stimulating even after the first go around with writing, or second, or however many.

Omega22
12-27-2011, 03:47 PM
I don't have that problem because I can write story at same time while I am taking care of myself.
however I must finish all story at once or else I am incapable to go back and finish it.
it is same as you can go back to same dream.
even if I read it myself it looks just so stupid that it is shame to publish it.

Stephen Miletus
01-10-2012, 10:28 PM
I don't have that problem, because while as I write I'm distracted with all of the problems of writing, e.g. "is that the best word to use here", "should I use a period or a semi-colon?", "f***, I left out a detail I wanted to put in here", "I'm writing crap, but I need to keep going; it's easier to rewrite than to write out a scene for the first time."

Not to say I don't get distracted by arousal. But that happens during research, and when I'm thinking about what I'm going to write. Just not while I have pen in hand, or fingers on keyboard.

himannv
01-11-2012, 12:42 PM

I'm learning better control now. Sometimes I'm able to go on a writing spree and write a fair amount of content without too many interludes. Other days I'm stuck and write nothing at all and waste my time roaming around on the internet.