PDA

View Full Version : Boy Aged 10 Admits Stranglng Four-Year-Old

IAN 2411
12-15-2011, 12:39 AM
A ten-year-old boy in Sweden has confessed to killing a boy of four by strangling him with a skipping rope after an argument.

Officers said the youngster had confessed after a 59-day investigation into the death of the youngster, named Texas, in the southern village of Ljungby.

The four-year-old disappeared on October 16 from the courtyard outside the flats where he lived.

According to Swedish news reports, he had been in a fight with several other children who had chased him out of a play area.

His body was found a few hours later in a nearby wooded area.

More than 35 officers joined the investigation into the death and at least 65 children, aged between five and 15, were questioned.

"The difficulty with this investigation has been that the evidence was found with children and that was a very difficult situation to handle," said lead investigator Yvonne Rudinsson.

The 10-year-old was reportedly identified as a suspect early in the investigation and then later confessed.

Robert Loeffel, head of information at the Kronoberg county police, said: "The boy has told us what he did and how he did it and there is a confession in that.

"As far as I am concerned, the crime is solved."

Kronoberg police chief Anders Kjaersgaard said: "My hope is that, now that the crime has been resolved, it will help everyone who is in one way or another involved in this very tragic event to move forward in their painful grief."

Children under the age of 15 cannot be punished under Swedish law, so the case of the 10-year-old will be handled by social services.
.................................................. ........................

At 12 years old none of my 4 daughters were out the sight of my late wife or me. This begs belief that any person would leave a child of 4 years old in a play area without adult supervision, or for that matter a 10 year old. Yes it is a tragic event, but in my opinion it was one that could have been prevented.

The family of the dead child will be punishing themselves while generating hatred towards the 10 year old. However the guilt will always stay firmly on their shoulders for the rest of their lives.

The 10 year old might never have been aggressive in his life, and this was an act of stupidity or ignorance. He could also be a bully in which case it has been found out too late, but either way his life at 10 years old is now in ruins. He will be watched for the rest of his life and there will always be a stigma over his name. He will be an outcast and other mothers will keep their children away from him, and quite rightly so.

In summing up, the 4 year old has lost his life. The 10 year old has lost his childhood. There are 4 parents with lives that are now changed forever, two sad and embittered and two that are most probably confused with an essence of guilt.

But what I am asking is, where does the blame and guilt rest?

Be well IAN 2411

lucy
12-15-2011, 10:06 AM
But what I am asking is, where does the blame and guilt rest?

Nowhere. There is a reason why the Swedish, and other nations', laws don't punish 10 year olds.

This begs belief that any person would leave a child of 4 years old in a play area without adult supervision, or for that matter a 10 year old. Yes it is a tragic event, but in my opinion it was one that could have been prevented.
How? By locking them up? By confining them to their room (after searching it for any remaining pieces of rope, of course)

Also, supervise a 10 year old child at all times? Really? And when does it stop? When they're old enough to look after their parents in the nursing home?

IAN 2411
12-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Nowhere. There is a reason why the Swedish, and other nations', laws don't punish 10 year olds.
So what you’re saying is that fuck the dead child he had it coming...and fuck the one that killed him he didn’t know what he was doing.

How? By locking them up? By confining them to their room (after searching it for any remaining pieces of rope, of course)

Also, supervise a 10 year old child at all times? Really? And when does it stop? When they're old enough to look after their parents in the nursing home?

Are you for real? I suppose there is no such thing as child murderers or paedophiles in your country, how very lucky you are?

So what you are also saying is that when your child is 4 years old you will let her/him play in the [recreation ground/play area] unsupervised while you go shopping for nice clothes.

In the UK all children of 4 year old have a person looking after them at that age, but then we might just be mollycoddling them. I just wonder how many more mothers think like you....well we know of one because her child by the report has been strangled.

Be well IAN 2411

Thorne
12-15-2011, 11:53 AM
I tend to agree with IAN 2411: 4 years old is a bit young to be left alone. (Or was he supposed to be watched by the 10 year old?) But 12 years old, and not allowed out unsupervised? That seems a bit extreme. Do you live in an urban environment? That might be more reasonable, then. But I know my own kids (boys) were constantly out playing with friends, somewhere in the neighborhood, from the time they started going to school. Short of locking them in the house it would have been impossible to keep them at home by the time they were 8.

But then, my kids were taught that you don't solve problems by hurting others. Too many kids these days seem to think that the way to win an argument is to strike out, with a rope, or a gun, or their fists. Much of the blame for that has to go to the parents. The problem kids in our neighborhood were the ones whose parents thought they were perfectly innocent, incapable of lying or doing bad things. Those were the kids to keep an eye on.

So yes, I think both sets of parents have to accept some responsibility for this situation. But without knowing the history of the 10 year old it's impossible to say whether or not this could have been prevented. Was he a bully? Had there been other incidents of him attacking younger, smaller kids? This report doesn't say.

lucy
12-16-2011, 02:25 AM
Ian, please don't deliberately misread my post, OK?

So what you’re saying is that fuck the dead child he had it coming...and fuck the one that killed him he didn’t know what he was doing.

Did I say fuck the child who's dead? Did I say fuck the one that killed him? Now, did I? Huh? Nope, I didn't. I said that nobody is to blame. I guess the guilt lays with the 10 year old and his parents. But that's just moral guilt, not legal guilt.

OK, that being clarified, let's get to the next point where you got me wrong:

So what you are also saying is that when your child is 4 years old you will let her/him play in the [recreation ground/play area] unsupervised while you go shopping for nice clothes.

Did I say unsupervised? Did I say that I'll leave her in the playground while I go shopping for nice clothes? Did I? Nope, I did not say that. All I said was that it is impossible to supervise a 4 year old 24/7 without locking them up.
Nor is it beneficial for the child. That's my opinion. Yours might be different, but don't imply that I leave my child and go shopping nice fucking clothes, willya, puleeeze?

Next:

Are you for real? I suppose there is no such thing as child murderers or paedophiles in your country, how very lucky you are?

Yes, there are child murderers here too, unfortunately. Pedophiles, too. A very few very unfortunate children get killed by strangers here every year. A lot more are abused.
But, you know what? The vast majority of children who get killed and abused get killed and/or abused by the persons who are supposed to supervise them. I'm pretty sure that's no different in good ole England.

In the UK all children of 4 year old have a person looking after them at that age, but then we might just be mollycoddling them. I just wonder how many more mothers think like you....well we know of one because her child by the report has been strangled.
I live in a neighborhood with 48 houses. In each house lives a family with children, age 1 month to 20 years. That's roughly 120 kids and counting. In the middle of those houses is a playground and there are always children of all ages playing there. Sometimes a mother or a father is with them, sometimes there isn't. With the real small ones there's always an adult there, of course, but if they're 4 years and upwards, it apparently is believed by all of those 96 parents that they can fend for themselves for some time.
So far, no child has been murdered, no child has been abducted, no child has been molested or abused. One 4 year old boy has been hit by a car emerging from a parking lot (without suffering heavy injuries, luckily), though, while cycling on the sidewalk. That would have happened too, if his mother had been watching him every single second.

So, yeah, maybe Swiss parents are more relaxed than British or American. Looking at crime stats, I guess we're not doing it all wrong, though.

lucy
12-16-2011, 02:27 AM
PS: Re-reading your snarky post I guess it's time again to abstain from taking part in discussions with you. Be well, Ian.

IAN 2411
12-16-2011, 04:34 AM
A

There is a reason why the Swedish, and other nations', laws don't punish 10 year olds.
State your reasons and answer your quote

So that is not sarcastic and tasteless,!!!

That was a little over the top and really unnecessary sarcasm.

Ian, please don't deliberately misread my post, OK?
I said that nobody is to blame. I guess the guilt lays with the 10 year old and his parents. But that's just moral guilt, not legal guilt.
No I think there is legal guilt on the mother of the 4 year old, as that child should not have been unsupervised by an adult. In the UK it is illegal to leave a child supervised by a child under 13, and I would think that law is not a lot different in any country.

Did I say unsupervised? Did I say that I'll leave her in the playground while I go shopping for nice clothes? Did I? Nope, I did not say that. All I said was that it is impossible to supervise a 4 year old 24/7 without locking them up.
Nor is it beneficial for the child. That's my opinion. Yours might be different, but don't imply that I leave my child and go shopping nice fucking clothes, willya, puleeeze?
But you were saying that it was ok for the mother to do it.

Yes, there are child murderers here too, unfortunately. Pedophiles, too. A very few very unfortunate children get killed by strangers here every year. A lot more are abused.
But, you know what? The vast majority of children who get killed and abused get killed and/or abused by the persons who are supposed to supervise them. I'm pretty sure that's no different in good ole England.
It does not matter who they are killed by, it all comes down to unsupervised children, either by the State Social Services or by the loving parents. There is never a time for a 4 year old child to be killed by an older child outdoors, unless it is through neglect of responsibility of the parent in charge.

I live in a neighborhood with 48 houses. In each house lives a family with children, age 1 month to 20 years. That's roughly 120 kids and counting. In the middle of those houses is a playground and there are always children of all ages playing there. Sometimes a mother or a father is with them, sometimes there isn't. With the real small ones there's always an adult there, of course, but if they're 4 years and upwards, it apparently is believed by all of those 96 parents that they can fend for themselves for some time.
I somehow doubt that, because you have already stated you would not leave your 4 year old daughter unsupervised.

You have said there is neglect yourself, lucy [Highlighted] that is neglect and stupidity.

One 4 year old boy has been hit by a car emerging from a parking lot (without suffering heavy injuries, luckily), though, while cycling on the sidewalk. That would have happened too, if his mother had been watching him every single second.
You cannot be sure of that.

One other thing I will point out is that when I say the girls were never out of our sight at 12 years old. We knew they were ok as they were with much older Gypsy children because my wife was a real Roma Gypsy. Older children are taught at a young age to look after the young as if they were their own kin. They look after their children and there are very few if any Roma Gypsies in old folk’s homes living off the state. Yes their children do look after them when they get old, but it is not forced, it is respect for their parents.

Be well IAN 2411