PDA

View Full Version : Pervert wants asylum because he's gay

IAN 2411
12-30-2011, 05:47 AM
FURIOUS politicians last night called for an Iranian pervert to be kicked out of Britain immediately — after he tried to use his sex abuse conviction to stay in Scotland.

Twisted Amir Beroghani was caged for indecently assaulting two boys in a swimming pool.

The scheming Iranian claims the conviction means he can't return to his own country because it proves that he's gay — despite being married with two children — and he would be persecuted over his sexuality.

And after a seven-year legal battle costing taxpayers thousands of pounds, the 55-year-old's final appeal was kicked out by the Court of Session in Edinburgh earlier this month.

But Beroghani, of Pennilee, Glasgow, has no plans to leave the country — and claims the Home Office won't throw him out.

Last night Tory leader Ruth Davidson said: "This man was convicted of a sickening crime.

"His spurious appeal has been dismissed. People will be concerned that he is walking the streets and will want him out of the country."

Labour's justice spokesman Lewis Macdonald added: "It would set a dangerous precedent to use a criminal conviction to your advantage.

"That would make a mockery of the law. This individual has clearly tested the system to breaking point — he has no reason to stay here and should be removed."

Beroghani and his family stowed away on a boat and arrived at Dover in 2005. They then moved north and settled in Glasgow.

His claims for asylum were thrown out in 2005 and 2006 — and later that year he was jailed for indecent behaviour towards the two teenagers in a swimming pool in Glasgow.

Beroghani was sentenced to seven months and served his time in the city's Barlinnie nick.

In 2008, he launched his third asylum claim on the grounds that he could not return to Iran as a sex offender and that his conviction proved he was gay.

Secretary of State Theresa May threw out the application and Beroghani immediately appealed to the Court of Session in Edinburgh over the decision.

But his bid was rejected again, and court papers stated: "The immigration judge dismissed his appeal, holding that he had failed to prove to the lower standard of proof applicable in asylum cases that he was a practising homosexual." The pervert appealed that decision, but a second judge agreed with the earlier ruling.

His argument that he would be subjected to such rigorous questioning in Iran that he would reveal his conviction or his homosexuality was also dismissed by the court.

A final judicial review was then held on December 13 which backed the decision to deport him.

After losing his latest appeal, Beroghani whined: "I do not understand why the judge did not believe I was a homosexual."

But a legal source said last night: "Beroghani is the reason the asylum system is a shambles. He's a chancer of the worst kind.

"By the time the Home Office get round to chapping his door to remove him, the odds are he will have disappeared." Beroghani's wife Shohre and grown-up sons Milad and Nima were both granted asylum and are now living in England.

But last night Beroghani was still staying in his taxpayer-funded home in Glasgow — despite losing his fight to stay in Britain.

He said: "My appeals are now closed, so I'm going to go back on the street.

"I won't be going back to Iran, but I can't stay in a house. So I'll live somewhere, who knows?"

He added: "If I go back my life is in danger. I will be questioned, interrogated on return.

"I left Iran because I am homosexual. I am likely to be tortured and hanged." A well-placed legal insider last night claimed the delay in kicking Beroghani out of the country could be caused by problems sourcing travel documents — and officials in Iran not wanting the pervert to return.

The source said: "Iran will wonder why he's coming back after leaving on the sly years ago.
But campaigners last night called for Beroghani to be booted out of Britain straight away. Robert Oxley, of the TaxPayers' Alliance, said: "Taxpayers shouldn't be left picking up the bills for someone who has no right to be in the country.

"This case has been through the legal system and rejected, the decision should be upheld.

"Allowing failed asylum seekers to remain in the country for years afterwards only opens up the door for yet more appeals and applications based on tenuous interpretations of human rights laws."

And Alp Mehmet, vice chairman of campaign group MigrationWatch, added: "This is a good example of how the asylum system is abused and why it's imperative that when people apply and fail they have to be removed quickly.

"He has gone through every conceivable loophole and he's still here — it's a disgrace."

A spokesman for the UK Border Agency said last night: "We actively seek to remove foreign nationals who commit serious crimes, including sexual offences against children, and aim to return them at the earliest opportunity.

"If people with no right to be here do not leave voluntarily we will seek to remove them."
.................................................. ...............
Now under the point of him being Gay I can see why he is asking...but it doesn’t end there because he is a Paedophile. I think the Scottish Justice and appeal system have got it right, never mind the delay put him on the next plane. He is as toxic as the Iranian nuclear program and should be with his kin in Iran. If you cannot abide by the law of the land you are Persona non grata in the UK.

Be well IAN 2411