PDA

View Full Version : Please search BEFORE you post!

BDSM_Tourguide
01-21-2005, 03:48 PM
If you look at the top of any page of the BDSM Library Forums, you will see, in the dark blue navigation bar at the top, a link that reads "Search" with an arrow next to it. When you click on the search link, a box drops down in which you can type in words, phrases, or even entire questions. By using the search feature to see if there have been discussions on the topic about which you are curious, each of you can help to cut down on the number of repeated threads in these forums and make things seem a lot less jumbled for the others looking to have their questions answered as well.

There is even an advanced search option that users may use to refine their search criteria by date, user, number of replies, etc. I strongly urge every member here to use this feature before starting their next discussion.

Some search terms that will return mutiple threads are:

Shaving - 31 results, 12 on-topic
Humiliation - 214 results, 41 on-topic
Pictures - 252 results, 5 actual picture threads
Training - 244 results, 62 on-topic, over 100 personal ads wanting "training"
Collars - 36 results, 12 on topic
Restraints - 40 results, 14 on-topic
Urine - 22 results, 7 on-topic
Scat - 46 results, 5 on-topic
Objectification - 11 results, 5 on-topic
Slavery - 73 results, 16 on-topic
Piercing - 50 results, 16 on-topic
Blindfold - 45 results, 16 on-topic
Clothespins - 35 results, 13 on-topic
Spanking - 163 results, 24 on-topic
Caning - 42 results, 9 on-topic
Fisting - 19 results, 5 on-topic

As you can see, there are plenty of threads available for a wide variety of subjects. Have a look around, or use the search feature, before posting a new one.

learningtopleez
01-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Will do TG! That is an excellent point to make! :)

erotic_nibbles
01-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Geeeezzzzz TG...you're really going to force me to think before I post aren't you?....lol

~~nibbles~~

LaJan
01-23-2005, 10:27 AM
:help: I tried to do that before starting a new thread and was frustrated by exactly the results you listed. For a single word, I needed to actually open each listing to see if it pertained to the topic I wanted to talk about. Say shaving, for example. If one wants to start a thread regarding unshaved underarms, one must search at least the 12 on-topic results to see if they pertain to underarms. After a while, I gave up and just looked to add comments rather than start them. :dunno:

If there's another way to more accurately define a search, please let me know and I will gladly use it in the future. If administrators on this site tried to merge all the related topics here, they'd be chained to their computers 24/7 for life! :D

If you look at the top of any page of the BDSM Library Forums, you will see, in the dark blue navigation bar at the top, a link that reads "Search" with an arrow next to it. When you click on the search link, a box drops down in which you can type in words, phrases, or even entire questions. By using the search feature to see if there have been discussions on the topic about which you are curious, each of you can help to cut down on the number of repeated threads in these forums and make things seem a lot less jumbled for the others looking to have their questions answered as well.

There is even an advanced search option that users may use to refine their search criteria by date, user, number of replies, etc. I strongly urge every member here to use this feature before starting their next discussion.

Some search terms that will return mutiple threads are:

Shaving - 31 results, 12 on-topic
Humiliation - 214 results, 41 on-topic
Pictures - 252 results, 5 actual picture threads
Training - 244 results, 62 on-topic, over 100 personal ads wanting "training"
Collars - 36 results, 12 on topic
Restraints - 40 results, 14 on-topic
Urine - 22 results, 7 on-topic
Scat - 46 results, 5 on-topic
Objectification - 11 results, 5 on-topic
Slavery - 73 results, 16 on-topic
Piercing - 50 results, 16 on-topic
Blindfold - 45 results, 16 on-topic
Clothespins - 35 results, 13 on-topic
Spanking - 163 results, 24 on-topic
Caning - 42 results, 9 on-topic
Fisting - 19 results, 5 on-topic

As you can see, there are plenty of threads available for a wide variety of subjects. Have a look around, or use the search feature, before posting a new one.

BDSM_Tourguide
01-23-2005, 11:33 AM
If one wants to start a thread regarding unshaved underarms, one must search at least the 12 on-topic results to see if they pertain to underarms.

I'd type in "hairy armpits" or "unshaved underarms" and if I didn't get anything, then I'd start my own thread.

LaJan
01-24-2005, 07:37 PM
...and work-able for me, too. :) Thanks!

I'd type in "hairy armpits" or "unshaved underarms" and if I didn't get anything, then I'd start my own thread.

Sunshine
03-16-2005, 05:18 PM
I worry that I am not sufficiently verbose. I have not posted for a while because I thought I had upset people or done it wrong......
:confused:

BDSM_Tourguide
03-16-2005, 05:57 PM
I worry that I am not sufficiently verbose. I have not posted for a while because I thought I had upset people or done it wrong......
:confused:

Don't worry about it. Or worry, but know that worrying is like trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum.

Post what you like. If a thread exists elsewhere and you cannot find it, then one of the wonderful and excellent mods here will merge the new thread with the old.

Sunshine
03-16-2005, 06:01 PM
exquisite.....

LaJan
03-16-2005, 06:33 PM
If you're using words I need to look up to reply to, you've nothing to fear from ANYONE. LOL! ;)

exquisite.....

ValKyrie
03-28-2005, 03:16 AM
this is why I post very few threads and even fewer questions.

I think that if the question is a simple "How To..." , searching should be encouraged.

However, in almost any other situation, merging and adding on to threads can stifle what could become interesting discussions. New faces on board may bring new insights or old insights presented in a new fashion. If referred to old threads, a new person may not post simply because their POV has already been articulated by someone who has long since moved on.

Anyway, I hope I am not out of line in offering my differing opinion and I will continue to respect how this forum's leaders prefer we post even though I don't agree.

Be well,
Val

Katmandu
10-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Actually, while some of us are lazy as Hell (which is why we're ON the internet~ to relax!), others of us aren't interested in researching past answeres to queries. (Maybe we DID research them, and they didn't answer our questions???). Therefore, sometimes, we must assume that when one posts a new thread, it is because they are trying to revive a topic that interests them, that this Forum has yet to satisfy their needs/answers in?!