PDA

View Full Version : Fasting in BDSM

foxy lady
01-03-2012, 04:23 AM
Does A/anyone here have any knowledge on fasting directly related to BDSM, the spiritual meaning behind it and or fasting during scene.....

i would love to know more on the topic and Google sometimes have such flake-y answers...

Frances
01-03-2012, 07:44 PM
In my church days, fasting is done in private. It is a way to concentrate on an issue that needs divine intervention, making a connection to 'Powers that Be', the universe or God. The fasting doesn't change God; the fasting is to change you. A fasting isn't just the denial of food; it can be sleep or time. Actually anything you like, as it is a sacrifice, you use that time read, pray waiting for insight on the issue. In BDSM I would think it would the writings of Gor using it to find what you need or another author that is in-depth in the life style. Hope this helps a litte.

denuseri
01-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Fasting per say...no, never heard of it in those terms, not even in Gor.

Control of one's diet for the purposes of reducing or increasing one's weight, or missing a meal as a punishment or controling "what" one eats for any number of other reasons etc...of course, especially amongst Goreans (I don't mean the "online variety" here either).

ksst
01-04-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't know about that type of fasting either. I could never fast, not that I ever wanted to. My Master once fasted to see if he could induce visions/ hallucinations. He made it for three days before he had to quit, but had no visions.

thir
01-15-2012, 05:12 AM
Does A/anyone here have any knowledge on fasting directly related to BDSM, the spiritual meaning behind it and or fasting during scene.....

i would love to know more on the topic and Google sometimes have such flake-y answers...

I can only think of one use, that it sharpens your attention - at least it does with some people. Fasting and meditation can be a good combination.

badboy1204
01-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Well I'm a Christian. And I was taught that fasting is saying I'll give up something for God if He will help me with something. or understand something. I would guess bdsm fast would be giving up something for your master in exchange for something. I really don't know... just thought I would try and sound smart. lol.