PDA

View Full Version : Fire cupping

ksst
01-08-2012, 11:07 AM
I haven't seen it mentioned on here much, if at all, but I just tried it last night for the first time, and was wondering if anyone else did it/enjoyed it. I found it fun, and now look like I have been attacked by a giant octopus, which is kind of cool as they are my favorite sea creature. :)
I had it done by an experienced Mistress, not my Master. He watched and pronounced it "cool".

Dog's Lady
01-09-2012, 04:00 PM
ksst-Could/would you give more details? I have not tried it, so I am not sure exactly what happened. You don't have to give deep insight into your feelings, or anything, just a description of the physical event. If you want to include some of your sensations, that would be awesome. Yes , I have read about it, but they descriptions were a little vague for me. Glad you had fun!

ksst
01-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Ok, sure. I really wasn't sure how common this was. She started with a fondue fork, wrapped with gauze, dipped in alcohol and then lit on fire. The cups (glass cups, about teacup size or smaller) were with swabbed around with the firey stick then quickly placed on the skin on the back, or anywhere flat would work, I guess. I'm going to get the physics wrong here if I attempt it, but this heating creates a vacuum which sucks your skin right up into the cup. You can see the skin raised up and it causes round bruises which are surface marks and not very painful, but they are very obvious circles. Then she twisted and moved the cups around some, and tapped on them with sticks for extra fun. When taken off they make a humorous popping noise.

Ozme52
01-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Close. Not a vacuum but air that has expanded because of the heat. Like a hot air balloon (but the cupping device is still heavier than the surrounding unheated air.) When the cup is applied to the skin it, and the air inside, cools and the outside air pressure makes it "stick" in place... and because skin is pliable, it takes up some of the space vacated by the cooling air.

There are Chinese (and other) practioners who do cupping for therapeutic effects.

There are also mechanical cups, with one-way valves that allow you to pump out air to get the same effect.

Dog's Lady
01-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Thank you both. It sounds interesting, but definitely like something you don't want someone to practice on you. I am glad you had an experienced Mistress to introduce you to it. Maybe someday . . .

ksst
01-10-2012, 10:09 AM
I don't think I'd want someone to play around with it if they didn't know what they were doing either. I am interested in the "nice vs mean" ways to do it. I requested the nice version. Burning the hair off first (a male), not using oil on the skin, or afterward striking the spots with a glove with tacks stuck in it, I believe those qualify as "mean". And ways to make it more SM and less therapeutic.

The mechanical cups would be vacuum powered then, vs. hot-air-cooling caused suction?

Ozme52
01-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Semantics. Removing air via a pump. The cup sticks because the air outside is holding it against the skin.

Vacuums don't have force. Don't suck per se. The "weight" of the air around pushes.

ksst
01-11-2012, 05:31 AM
Ok I know what you mean.

Ozme52
01-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Cool, but don't go lecturing your DM if he tells you to kneel down and suck. We can't have you giving science lectures at inappropriate times.

rotf - you know, developing a joke in a forum takes mad skills.

ksst
01-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Yes, that's why I like you, you're so dang funny. It's especially funny because at the time I was getting the cupping treatment he was saying something about P=vrt or whatever. Now I'm going to have to look it up.

This was it
Boyle's Law
PV=nRT

No, I never bother trying to lecture him on science. He already knows :)

ksst
01-11-2012, 05:43 PM
double

ksst
01-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Sorry, universal gas law, Boyle's and Charles laws combined. I really don't remember any of this, although I did take chemistry and physics like a million years ago.

Ozme52
01-11-2012, 09:37 PM
...he was saying something about P=vrt or whatever.

Funny way to spell pervert!!

ksst
01-12-2012, 07:23 AM
That how the geeky pervs do it :)

Dog's Lady
01-12-2012, 12:20 PM
You know, totally off topic (or is it?) my husband has a shirt, with the Linux penguin of course, that says, "And the geeks shall inherit the earth." Given Bill Gates' wealth, maybe we should have been nicer to them in high school. Of course, I married one, and we mostly own a mortgage, but still . . .

(If you have no idea what I am talking about, Google Linux and/or Tux--Linux is an alternate operating system with multiple "flavors" and Tux is the mascot. Linux users tend to be a little silly, except when it comes to hating Microsoft.)

ksst
01-12-2012, 01:09 PM
No, that's the "Greek" shall inherit the earth. Although the way it looks now, that's not likely.