PDA

View Full Version : Be warned: Dry.

10Lubak
01-08-2012, 11:51 AM
I've recently been exploring the notion of my sexuality as I have always known it, and (perceived) disposition toward bdsm, d/s.
I was young when I began to think these thoughts (around 7), it was odd to me that no one else did, or even think of anything sexual, generally speaking until a few years later.
There was a particular catalyst that piqued my interest at the above mentioned age, and as such, I always perceived my sexuality to be predisposed. What I am beginning to wonder; why was the catalyst taken and used so young? (Before I ceased talking to my friends about it) When I spoke to my friends at that age none of them accepted the stimuli and allowed it to alter their later developing sexuality. So why mine?
So i wonder, am i physiologically predisposed; or was the catalyst taken and used for entirely environmental reasons?

This has all seemed fairly subjective to me in the past, however I've always liked to know the 'whys' that shaped my life; and this, bdsm was one of the largest catalysts in affecting many of my decisions over the last 21 years.

ksst
01-08-2012, 12:13 PM
I guess people develop at different rates- some have thoughts on sex early and some are later bloomers. I was pretty late, myself, as far as having any sexual fantasies. I had a lot of fantasies/day dreams which were non sexual, that then later turned into sexual fantasies with the same themes.

10Lubak
01-08-2012, 04:12 PM
I wasn't inquiring about the age of development, that was merely incidental in this instance. Rather any insight regarding a predetermination of sexuality, or one environmentally derived. Spose I really need to find a neuropsychologist to answer this one.. Still, was surprised when I couldn't find anything on this level already asked in the forums.. perhaps I've not looked hard enough.

VeniVidi
01-09-2012, 12:51 AM
*Treads carefully, hoping that this isn't even vaguely thought of as underage sex talk - which is definitely NOT the intention*

I suspect that it's far more common than many may think:

As a child, many a time I would play games which could be considered of a sexual nature - and know this is normal behaviour. From the "show me yours and I'll show you mine" through "doctors and nurses" (AKA grope session, but didn't know it was called that then) to things like "cops and robbers" (with clothing penalties, of course); and for the latter if there'd been a pair of handcuffs available I'm certain they would've been used. And possibly the only thing stopping me tying the girl next door naked to a tree in the garden as a "captured squaw" would have been that "Mummy will get cross". Obviously I would have had thoughts about these bsdm-ish activities. If any of my friends had mentioned sexuality though, I wouldn't have know what they were talking about.

I think the only thing maybe unusual in your case is that (if I read your post currectly) you realised that such thoughts were sexual - which also implies that you were taught or found out very young what sex actually is (and you haven't mentioned any experience of child-abuse, for example, which may explain how you knew about sex). You mention a "catalyst" - I'm sorry, but didn't understand that bit - but that may be the missing link...

Also, I know that psychology teaches that we are all predisposed towards sex, even from a very very young age. I'm not quite sure what you mean by physiologically predisposed?

So I'm sorry to say it, but you are quite normal - at least in my humble opinion!

VV

ksst
01-09-2012, 03:12 PM
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php/24919-childhood-signs-of-submissive-tendencies

You might want to look at this thread, I think it applies.

I'm pretty sure no one has definitely decided the nature/nurture debate regarding behavior, much less our sexuality.

Dog's Lady
01-10-2012, 12:03 AM
If I understand the OP, then I think we have inborn tendencies, which may or not get reinforced by experiences. Mine did, so now I am mostly sub, with a fair amount of vanilla, and a touch of top. Had those things not been in my past, I might have stayed mostly vanilla, I think. You remember your catalyst because it had something to change in you-those innate tendencies were there to awaken. If your friends are vanilla, with the same experiences, it's because there was nothing in them to respond to the catalyst. In chemistry, a catalyst is something that starts a reaction in something else. But no catalyst can change everything; they only work in certain combos. Same thing in life. Nature and nurture work together to make us who we are.

10Lubak
01-10-2012, 07:39 AM
Thank you all for your time and input. I am going to continue my search through academic means and see where it takes me.
*nod*