PDA

View Full Version : BDSM - Books to Read....What do you think? Helpful or Not?

Frances
01-14-2012, 09:20 PM
I have been collecting and reading books about BDSM. I haven't read them all and I would really like suggestions on other books that would be helpful for me learn, understand and grow in BDSM.

It's Not About the Whip by Sensuous Sadie
Screams of Pleasure by Robert Rubel (got this one for hubby. Has he read it NO!)
BDSM for Writers by Dr. Charley Ferrer
Learning the Ropes by Race Bannon (Basic Guide to Safe & Fun S/M Lovemaking)
Master's Manual (Handbook of Erotic Dominance) by Jack Rinella
The Submissive Activity Book by Shannon Reilly. (Wasn't impressed with this one)

Looking forward to hearing what you guys & dolls have to say.

denuseri
01-15-2012, 04:50 AM
Ever looked at The Loving Dominant by Wiseman?

Frances
01-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Ever looked at The Loving Dominant by Wiseman?

No, I hadn't read that one. I'll order it. Thanks!

Dog's Lady
01-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Wiseman has two more that I know of: SM101, which was okay, but very, there is only one way, not all of which worked for me. He also has one on bondage, don't have the exact title.

Frances
01-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Wiseman has two more that I know of: SM101, which was okay, but very, there is only one way, not all of which worked for me. He also has one on bondage, don't have the exact title.

This is very helpful. I will check this author out. I am building up my library and it will make for interesting learning. Thank you, Frances

Castigator
02-09-2012, 12:03 AM
Master/Slave is two collections of short stories in one book. 30 Spanking Tales From The Top / 30 Stinging Tales From The Bottom : Edited by N.T. Morley. It's a great bedside read consisting of a wide range of sensuous scenarios as written by various imaginative authors. It's fiction, but does a great job of presenting the reader with the emotions, thoughts and insights from the perspective of both roles.

atomikaa
03-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Screw the Roses, Send Me the Thorns by Philip Miller and Molly Devon is one that I enjoyed reading. It is written very conversationally which, for me, makes the information seem more attainable .

Frances
03-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Master/Slave is two collections of short stories in one book. 30 Spanking Tales From The Top / 30 Stinging Tales From The Bottom : Edited by N.T. Morley. It's a great bedside read consisting of a wide range of sensuous scenarios as written by various imaginative authors. It's fiction, but does a great job of presenting the reader with the emotions, thoughts and insights from the perspective of both roles.

Bedside reading hummm. Sound delicious. Thanks Frances

Frances
03-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Screw the Roses, Send Me the Thorns by Philip Miller and Molly Devon is one that I enjoyed reading. It is written very conversationally which, for me, makes the information seem more attainable .

My BDSM Library is growing. Hubby says 'What another book?' I like easy to read. Thanks Frances.

DarkGhost
04-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Wow
I think i need to read a few of them but i wish to look for those more into Femdom
i will make my search but thank you for the awesome advice

Frances
04-30-2012, 04:56 PM
I'll check around. If I find anything, I will post.

DarkGhost
04-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Thank you! I will stay posted

Castigator
05-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Bedside reading hummm. Sound delicious. Thanks Frances

Well put. Seeing as we're already in bed, I sometimes task my precious pet with reading to me as I re-enact that which can be re-enacted. For that which cannot - I improvise :p