PDA

View Full Version : Polyamory

devilishsub
01-16-2012, 01:44 AM
Hi everyone I'm looking for some advice or reading recommendations. Things have been going great with Master and I and we have been talking about dating women (together as a couple). How do we start? What should we be aware of when adjusting our dynamic? I don't really know where to start and what questions to even start asking.

Ozme52
01-16-2012, 03:13 PM
I suggest Opening Up by Tristan Taormino.

It's a great "Guide to Creating and Sustaining Open Relationships" (I know this because that's the subtitle. ;) )

And it discusses a great many different dyamics.

Flaming_Redhead
01-16-2012, 03:26 PM
You start by talking. Determine what your goals and motives are for adding this person to your relationship. Agree on boundaries. When you're sure about what you want, it'll be easier to communicate that to the new person. I found "The Ethical Slut" helpful.

denuseri
01-16-2012, 03:32 PM
My very first bdsmy experience was with a married couple who took me home one night from a club.

They had been poly for some time and had established rules that helped keep all partners in the loop and consenting. Like once in a group relationship no one is allowed to have sex with people outside the group and it really helps keep the std's away. No one from outside the group is brought in without the prior consent of all the other members of the group regardless of titular distinction (dom/sub etc).

I brought in a few rules of my own...like I was never going to try to get one from the other and took great pains to avoid any and all semblance of such action. To me: He and she were together first and no matter what I wasn't going to take them apart. At first I wouldn't do anything sexual with them unless they were both present and then after a while it didn't matter if I was alone with one of them. Either way I always made it a point to try and make sure no one was left out.

devilishsub
01-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Thank you all! I bought and read through all of Ethical Slut and most of Opening Up. They gave Master and I some things to talk about and we are in a good place to try dating. Not really looking for anything committed at first and Master is interested in allowing me to play with a Domme which is just all kinds of awesome. :p . We are committing to only play with additional people together until we've been seeing someone for awhile. I'm really excited to share my Master with someone.