PDA

View Full Version : Excerpts of Hitler’s “Mein Kampf” To Be Reprinted in Germany

thir
01-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Should this book be banned?

Excerpts of Hitler’s “Mein Kampf” To Be Reprinted in Germany

"Although it is not technically illegal to reprint “Mein Kampf” in Germany, the book has not been printed there since shortly after World War II. The Bavarian government owns the copyright laws and has not previously permitted any party access to them. But since the copyright on “Mein Kampf” expires in 2015, the time has nearly come for Germany to face Hitler’s autobiography once again, which outlines his anti-Semitic philosophy."

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/excerpts-of-hitlers-mein-kampf-to-be-reprinted-in-germany.html#ixzz1k1f6bipE

Conner
01-20-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't think it should be, I actually plan to read it one day as I have a special interest in Hitler and Nazi Germany and I've always wanted to get a better look at his psyche.

denuseri
01-20-2012, 04:54 PM
No book imho should ever be banned.

Conner
01-20-2012, 05:03 PM
That too!^

MMI
01-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Then there will be a flurry and a fuss about nothing in 2015, when copyright is lifted. I say this because I can foresee copies of the books being marketed using the fact that copyright has been lifted as the advertising angle ... but you can read Mein Kampf already: Project Gutenberg has an English translation online; Amazon will sell you any of several editions; the Kindle versions are available at less than a tenner ... 2015 - So what?

Banning or restricting its publication would be as futile as forbidding the sea to come up onto the shore, in fact, it would make the book more attractive, and in my opinion, it will be important for historians to understand Hitler's political philosophy for centuries to come, as they try to explain the reasons for World War II.

lucy
01-21-2012, 05:01 AM
No book imho should ever be banned.
That ^^. Except maybe when it's such a lousy book as «Mein Kampf» is, and not even because of the stupid and racist ideas but because it's such utter bollocks and written in a way a ten year old would be ashamed of.

I don't think it should be, I actually plan to read it one day as I have a special interest in Hitler and Nazi Germany and I've always wanted to get a better look at his psyche.

Don't and instead enjoy your time doing something you won't regret. It truly isn't worth spending a minute.

thir
01-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Then there will be a flurry and a fuss about nothing in 2015, when copyright is lifted. I say this because I can foresee copies of the books being marketed using the fact that copyright has been lifted as the advertising angle ... but you can read Mein Kampf already: Project Gutenberg has an English translation online; Amazon will sell you any of several editions; the Kindle versions are available at less than a tenner ... 2015 - So what?

Banning or restricting its publication would be as futile as forbidding the sea to come up onto the shore, in fact, it would make the book more attractive, and in my opinion, it will be important for historians to understand Hitler's political philosophy for centuries to come, as they try to explain the reasons for World War II.

Yes, true. But publishing it in paper like this must have been excessively painful for any remaining holocust survivors, or their relatives. They have protested, obviosly, I mean, you cannot really expect anything else.

Also, it is not only history, the nazis are still with us.