PDA

View Full Version : New to BDSM... suggestions?

cutie
01-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Hello out there.

I just was wondering about BDSM in general. I had an experience with a friend recently and found I was rather into being a submissive... and I want to know/learn more about it. Unfortunately, the friend has moved and I don't know how to introduce it into any future relationships...

:)

Any and all suggestions welcome!

robbermagnet
01-24-2005, 01:58 AM
Hello out there.

I just was wondering about BDSM in general. I had an experience with a friend recently and found I was rather into being a submissive... and I want to know/learn more about it. Unfortunately, the friend has moved and I don't know how to introduce it into any future relationships...

Welcome. If you are wanting to meet others near you who are interested in bdsm, here's a link to a central coast group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ccpex/ Also, I'm sure CalPoly has a bdsm group

If you want to learn something before diving in, you came to the right place. Why don't you go over to the general talk forum and introduce yourself in the introduction thread, and some nice people will be along shortly to welcome you.

--robbermagnet

MrJerseyGuy
01-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Good question. We talk about it on the Irc channel all the time. I got into it a couple years ago thanks to an adventurous g/f and at this point I'd be bored stiff trying to have a vanilla relationship.

In our case, she actually initiated it with a simple comment one night. "Too bad you don't have a headboard on this bed" (as in, to tie me too). The next day I had big I-bolts drilled into the wall and it's been a whips 'n chains party ever since. I love it.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but there are a lot more of us around than I thought. I think most people are either interested or not...kind of black and white. I'd throw the hint out there and wait to see the reaction.