PDA

View Full Version : How does flogging feel?

Waverly56
02-12-2012, 05:00 PM
I know a rather simple question, but I have a writing partner that has never experienced flogging or caning or anything of the sort and would like to have some descriptions of how it feels to be flogged with a flogger. Also any descriptions of how it feels to be caned or paddled, etc as well.

Thank you in advance for your info.

Chris the Great
02-13-2012, 06:08 AM
i believe i can answer this one! Flogging is a good way to get started for a newbie or as a warm up to a serious session. Generally a suede leather flogger will not leave much for bruising but it will redden and sensitize the skin for more punishment. To me, flogging on my back is relaxing and almost puts me into a trance. The feel of a cane depends on the material. A typical cane is made of bamboo or similar natural material. They are often light weight and flexible. Repeated light taps can be used to give the same effect as a flogger, but hard strikes feel like they cut through the skin directly to the soul! Rubber hose, cPVC pipe and PEX pipe are similar to a cane or rod and have a "thudder" feel for deeper bruising and pain that will last for days.

i hope my description has been helpful. To get a better idea, try using your implements on your own bare inner thigh before using them on someone else.

denuseri
02-13-2012, 03:35 PM
I know how it feels to me depends a lot on where I am being struck, by what, and how hard and how frequent. Not all floggers and canes (as mentioned above) are the same and who is swinging them has a lot to do with all this so:

IMHO: The best way for you and or your partner to find out is to get yourselves caned and or flogged.

Chris the Great
02-13-2012, 03:45 PM
...Not all floggers and canes (as mentioned above) are the same and who is swinging them has a lot to do with all this so...

That was the point i was trying to make. sorry, its tough typing a good response from my Droid phone :-(

Strypi
02-13-2012, 03:46 PM
I know how it feels to me depends a lot on where I am being struck, by what, and how hard and how frequent. Not all floggers and canes (as mentioned above) are the same and who is swinging them has a lot to do with all this so:

IMHO: The best way for you and or your partner to find out is to get yourselves caned and or flogged.

HaHA! I love this answer! You have to experience it for yourself! My beast could not have done a fair description for you a month ago. He had to experience it! So, Get down and durty y'all!

Waverly56
02-13-2012, 04:32 PM
While I DO appreciate that answer. Trying it is really not an option at this time. I was trying to get a description from subs to give her. I understand that the best way it to try it, but I would love to (and she would love to) know how it feels to others.

Chris the Great
02-13-2012, 05:49 PM
While I DO appreciate that answer. Trying it is really not an option at this time. I was trying to get a description from subs to give her. I understand that the best way it to try it, but I would love to (and she would love to) know how it feels to others.

Ok, here's my best answer after two sessions this afternoon, considering what you are asking.

It hurts, like hell. Then it is relieving, and then it puts you into a trance (sub space, as they call it). First, you feel like your skin is on fire, then you are angry, then you are peaceful, then you are angry again, and then appreciative. i really don't know what you are asking.... it hurts. i mean, you've felt pain before right? but imagine pain that you appreciate and need, and then it all changes, and again, and then again.

ksst
02-13-2012, 07:58 PM
It totally changes all the time, that is the main thing for me. A soft flogger can feel like a nice massage. Or if it's got some energy behind the swing it can have a bit of thud, or if snapped at the ends can have some sting. But if made of soft leather it's not going to be really painful. Floggers made from thinner cords or stiffer hurt more with less effort.

Canes- I don't know, we don't have one.

denuseri
02-15-2012, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=Waverly56;962787]While I DO appreciate that answer. Trying it is really not an option at this time.

Why not surely at least one of you could flogg yourselves or get someone to do it for you.

Are you both physically paralyzed?

I was trying to get a description from subs to give her. I understand that the best way it to try it, but I would love to (and she would love to) know how it feels to others.

I need something more specific for an example and then it changes depending on who is doing it etc. If it a funnishment flogging? Or an actual punishment? etc etc etc

Waverly56
02-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Well, I thought the library would be a wlecoming place for questions of this type. I guess I was wrong. Thank you beast for trying to give an honest and clear answer. I was debating whether the Library was somewhere I could make a bdsm home. I think I have found my answer.

Chris the Great
02-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Sorry you didn't get what you were looking for here. Tchus yo.

Chris the Great
02-15-2012, 06:54 PM
Is it a funnishment flogging? Or an actual punishment? etc etc etc

Funishment, lol, i've never heard that term! I also don't get why they can't try for themselves.

Waverly56
02-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Before I leave the site, I also want to thank ksst for a great answer as well. And denuseri, if you did not understand the question that is fine, you did not have to post. But being rude was not necessary.

denuseri
02-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Not my intention to be taken as being somehow rude at all please do forgive me if thats how my statements were received.

I was only trying to clarify and give advice....the best way to understand what being in bdsm is actually like is of course to be involved directly in it.

Reba
06-21-2016, 12:26 PM
That depends on the flogger. Some are very light and feel like a warm massage or tingling. Some can sting, and some can thud. Which one I like depends on my mood or state of arousal. But, if you have a master, it may not be your choice.