PDA

View Full Version : newbie here looking to learn

dogsoldier856
02-18-2012, 11:39 AM
good afternoon, i never posted anything like this before so please bear with me, im new here n i dont know where to turn to for information on this whole new world that me n my gf would love to experience. she knew she always was a sub n i always knew i wanted to be a dom in the relationship. so my question is where should we start off at n how do we know what information is good n bad? so any help would greatly be accepted, thank you...

VeniVidi
02-18-2012, 12:48 PM
You have already started one important part of finding out - which is joining a community like this one. Unfortunately there is no way to tell "good and bad" - all you will get is opinions/advice/help/etc but fortunately a lot of people here I trust have good/helpful opinions.

For any specific piece of information "is xyz practice dangerous?", "what different ways can I use abc toy?", etc. an internet search will in most cases return as much information as you can possibly imagine even on subjects restricted to our lifestyle - but once again you have to make your own decision - keeping your mind open is the key I think.

VV

Chris the Great
02-18-2012, 08:01 PM
howdy and welcome to the site. My suggestions:

get out a notepad each and list your interests
then list your limits, both hard limits and soft limits
experiment
communicate
and experiment some more

Both of you should check out this site and any/all other sites for information and ideas. Ask lots of questions and be open to new ideas. Best of luck and again, welcome to the site.

Kinky.Mind
02-18-2012, 11:22 PM
good afternoon, i never posted anything like this before so please bear with me, im new here n i dont know where to turn to for information on this whole new world that me n my gf would love to experience. she knew she always was a sub n i always knew i wanted to be a dom in the relationship. so my question is where should we start off at n how do we know what information is good n bad? so any help would greatly be accepted, thank you...

If you are beginners you should be looking for a Mentor , someone to guide you both , be there for you when you need answers to your questions and explain to you everything that you are going through.

denuseri
02-21-2012, 07:22 AM
I would advise strongly against getting any single "online" mentor and instead urge you into keeping all your interactions in that regard in the open and from multiple sources.

In the real world I would advise going to a public access dungeon where members can be vetted or club for hands on training in a safe environment and or perhaps attending a few munches.

There are also a number of wonderful non-fiction books on the subject of how to be a good dom too...like "The Loving Dominant" which you can order online or at any adult self help section of Barnes and Noble.