PDA

View Full Version : Do we eat our desire?

thir
03-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Article suggesting a connection between food and sex:

Are You Substituting Food for Sex?

"There is an undeniable relationship between our sexuality and the food we eat. And somehow, for millions of Americans we have lost our way on our search for sexual satisfaction and pleasure somewhere in a big box of chocolate. Food has become a stand in for sex, for countless people.

After all, eating is accessible and provides an immediate rush of pleasure. Eating compulsively can also put us in a kind of trance state and numb us for what we may be really wanting.

This does beg the question: “Why are we substituting food for sex?” Perhaps it is the usual obstacles to sexual pleasure that get in our way: Guilt, Shame and Fear."

Read more:

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/are-you-substituting-food-for-sex.html

Is this author right - is there in fact a connection between food and sex?

But you'd think sexual liberation is on the rise, so why is overweight also on the rise?

Are humans sensation seekers as said here, or is that a function of a boring/unnatural life?

ksst
03-02-2012, 11:56 AM
This is too funny, since I've told my friends after I lost weight and they asked me how that my new diet plan is called the "Mind Blowing Kinky Sex diet" or MBKS diet. They thought I was joking.

ksst
03-02-2012, 11:58 AM
I think of it more as sex as a stand in for food, than the other way around. Hungry? Eat this. LOL

Thorne
03-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Perhaps it is the "Guilt, Shame and Fear" of something there should not be any guilt, shame or fear about. Until we can get past the outmoded concept that sex is bad and only bad people enjoy sex, those who do feel guilty are going to find something to substitute for it. Of course, that's not the only reason that people are overweight. That would be far too simple.

Demon_Goddess_165
03-02-2012, 01:18 PM
is there in fact a connection between food and sex?
YES!!! *setting aside the way food affects endorphins, hormones and such...* What we eat, when we eat, and how we eat all effect our sex life(lives?). Eat something fat and greasy and your not going to be in the mood. Order that jumbo steak with all the sides and your going to feel full and lethargic. Eat a bag of potato while your watching the big game and become the preverbal couch potato. The examples go on and on.
Over eating can leave you feeling stuffed, greasy foods, bloated and grease. Sugary foods will give you a sugar rush but that never lasts. Potatoes, breads, and pastas are high starch foods which take time to digest.
Instead of the 5lb hamburger or the 72 oz. steak try getting a salad topped with steak. Chocolate covered strawberries instead of chocolate cake. Asparagus or mixed vegetables instead of buttery mashed potatoes. Save the others for boys(or girls) night out.
~DG

Snark
03-03-2012, 02:44 PM
As someone who enjoys oral pleasures - food or sex- the concept of eating to suit the activity has always been good advice. Eating (or over eating) any heavy meal will diminish energy for anything other than digestion as well as making certain positions uncomfortable. I am found of combining food and sex....a pussy steamed banana is a true delight, as are strawberries in nectar. Asparagus, I am told, makes semen bitter. Not having had that experience, I can't confirm. Perhaps someone else will....

denuseri
03-04-2012, 02:43 PM
So all those Vikings and other burly men of history laid around snored in their feasting halls and didnt do any of the whoring because their diet prohibited their sex drives? lol

Demon_Goddess_165
03-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Nah they just did their whoring before they ate. And then ate, drank, and slept it all off.

thir
03-07-2012, 09:56 AM
So all those Vikings and other burly men of history laid around snored in their feasting halls and didnt do any of the whoring because their diet prohibited their sex drives? lol

Well, the descendants are still around, so they must have figured it out somehow ;-)
But somehow I do not think they had a lot of sexual inhibitions. Did not seem part of the culture.