PDA

View Full Version : Corsets

this.is.me
03-05-2012, 08:19 PM
So this is not necessarily a submissive question but corsets are so common among people in the lifestyle I thought I might get some good answers here. I have been looking at some real corsets at a local shop, I am not a skinny girl but I am not really heavy either (if we really want to get into it my BMI is right at average/overweight). I have seen so many girls of all sizes look great in them but I am having a problem; back cleavage. Does this happen for everyone who isn't skinny? I have never noticed, on even the bigger girls I have seen wearing them, but as soon as I turned around in the mirror I felt like the corset made me look like I had massive amount of back fat. I plan on going back when the person who actually designs them for the store is there to get some more advice on wearing them but I was just wondering if this was an unavoidable problem. It does not happen if I wear something that looks like a corset but the real ones my back just looks disgusting.

I have never been much into the cliche lifestyle outfits but I thought it might be a nice surprise for my master if I got something.

sweetlittlelass
03-05-2012, 09:53 PM
The reason that a real corset does that is because it is pushing anything it can to get the waist size you tighten it to. I think although it might cost more, maybe a custom corset maker can help you fight that issue as they will know just how it is made and can make it to your specific body. I myself am getting a custom corset made so I know that it is not cheap. Also are you going for an under bust or over bust? It might put stress on the body in different ways to create the undesired look you are getting.

I really hope this helps even if it is just a little and I hope you find something that you love!

this.is.me
03-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Yeah I am looking at custom, the ones I tried one where the samples in the store. I tried over and under and while I really prefer the look of the under bust on me I think the over bust might be a more practical item to spend the money on. I think I am stuck on that for the price it should look really really good. Might be a silly question but is it possible the lady helping me out was just lacing them to tight? Obviously they are supposed me to tight but the issue isn't really like a muffin top on my back its that its squeezed together and looks like 'back cleavage' which no matter how cute it is from the front I just can't seem to get over.

sweetlittlelass
03-06-2012, 09:07 PM
It might have been laced improper. I understand about wanting something to be nice if you spend a lot of money on it. I know that with custom you can choose your own fabric for what people will see. I understand also about getting the over bust. I personally am getting an under. I would contact a local or as local as possible corset maker to see what their take on the back bumps.