PDA

View Full Version : Marry your rapist

thir
03-20-2012, 11:47 AM
A Woman Should Not Have to Marry Her Rapist

"Some 200 woman activists rallied outside Morocco’s parliament building on Saturday to demand the repeal of a rape-marriage law. Under the law, article 475, a rapist is allowed to marry his victim if she is a minor so he can avoid prosecution."

"Amina was from Larache near Tangiers, a poor, rural area where it is simply “unacceptable” for a woman to lose her virginity before marriage, says the BBC. Her father, Lahcen al-Filali, told an online newspaper, goud.ma, that when he reported that his daughter had been raped, the local court’s prosecutor advised him to have Amina marry the rapist. Al-Filali told AFP that he was opposed to the union but that his wife had insisted: ”She said we had to do it so people would stop deriding us, to remove the shame.”"

"Under Moroccan law, convicted rapists can be sentenced to five to 10 years in prison or between 10 and 20 years if the victim is a minor, along with a fine of 200 to 500 dirhams ($24-60). But if the rapist marries his victim, he cannot be prosecuted unless she is able to obtain a divorce, which is highly unlikely as, under Moroccan law, the decision of a judge authorizing such a marriage cannot be reversed."

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/a-woman-should-not-have-to-marry-her-rapist.html#ixzz1pgTXU5pi

Apparently this happended also in Europe in Medieval times. If a women stood to inherit land and someone wanted it, he could rape the women and she'd have to marry him.

lucy
03-20-2012, 12:43 PM
There's really nothing to say to this, is there?

Thorne
03-20-2012, 01:03 PM
But this is the Biblical justice!

"If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days. -- Deuteronomy 22:28-29"

StrictMasterD
03-20-2012, 02:36 PM
If I am not mistaken and please someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that lady committed suicide rather then marrying her rapist

lucy
03-20-2012, 02:56 PM
She was forced to marry her rapist, moved to Primitivistan in the Moroccan countryside and some time later, after she'd been beaten and further abused by her husband and his family of primitive fucktards, she chose to end her life.
At least that's what was in the press here.

Thorne
03-21-2012, 07:18 AM
I believe you are right, lucy. But it was after she'd complained to her own family of the abuse, and they disowned her, that she committed suicide.

Lovely system of justice and "family values", no?

StrictMasterD
03-21-2012, 04:53 PM
Good place for Santorom to run for Prez :)

Thorne
03-22-2012, 04:21 AM
Good place for Santorom to run for Prez :)
You know you have a problem when people think you're further to the right than Sharia Law!

StrictMasterD
03-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Who me I would Never for for Santorum if he was the only one running

StrictMasterD
03-22-2012, 09:10 PM
You know you have a problem when people think you're further to the right than Sharia Law!

He is

thir
03-23-2012, 08:20 AM
There's really nothing to say to this, is there?

No. not really. I Just felt like passing it on.