PDA

View Full Version : November Elections

StrictMasterD
04-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Simply Put, who do you wantto see Win the White Huose in 2012

Thorne
04-17-2012, 10:32 AM
What, no vote for neither? True, I'd rather see Romney rather than any of the other Rethuglicans, I don't trust him any more than I do Obama. We need another choice, someone with a real chance, with real ideas, and without the baggage that comes with belonging to one of the idiotic parties we now have to deal with. Surely there must be someone out there who has the intelligence to rebuild this country without having to kowtow to every PAC going!

StrictMasterD
04-17-2012, 10:40 AM
I did not list a "Someone Else" as the Reality of that Actualy Happennig is so slim to nNill it just did not makesense, wanted to make the Poll a realsitic as possible, this wil be the WORST Presdientail Electioni n Years, with NO REAL choice at all, YES there are other out ther but they have no chancei n the wrold of being elected

Thorne
04-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Since when has Reality begun to play a part in politics? We have one of the nation's wealthiest men who likes to pretend he's "just one of the common people" and who's religion claims he will one day be a god ruling his own planet; OR we have the right-wing liberal who seems to believe that letting the majority of the people sponge off of those still willing and able to work is a GOOD thing!

Yeah, Reality bailed out a long time ago.

And I still think that "Neither" would have been a good choice (as opposed to someone else which, as you note, ain't gonna happen.) After all, you're asking which we would WANT to see in the White House. And my answer is still "Neither."

denuseri
04-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Same here! I would gladly vote for a third party candidate if I liked their ideas and thought they had a chance of getting in and actually changing things.

However...seeing as that's not going to happen anytime soon...I plan on voting for the devil I know as opposed to the corporate bigwig fake flake.

StrictMasterD
04-18-2012, 07:52 PM
My apologies for not listing a 3rd possbility like listing someone else, as you said denuseri, I listed only Obama & Romney SOLEY because I knew no other Canidate would have a chance in the wolrd to be eleted and simply wanted to make the Poll as Realistic as possible
But again as Bad as Obma has been I have real issue with a ULtra Rich Politician who recently spent over $2 million dollars on of all thing ELEVATORS in his GARAGE for his cars, that should speak wonder for him.
I do not believe for 1 second Romey has ANY concept of what is it like to Struggle Financialy etc thus he has no idea hw do deal with lot of issue we now have to face
No Obama is NOT the best choice, but is in this case
I might add that if I has an extra $2 miloin, I would not use it to build an EVELVATOR in my garage for Cars

arbysworld
04-18-2012, 08:21 PM
wanting a third party vote is just not realistic, and as sad as it may sound that todays America is still run buy greedy rich fat white people put in to office!!!

since we live in real life and i have to vote between Romney or Obama guess what Obama gets my vote every time. and as long as the republican party has idiot presidential candidates like Romney or Gingrich and Palin I will vote for Obama again.

just my .02cents

StrictMasterD
04-18-2012, 09:29 PM
It's just ashame the Repblican are far more concerened abou the Rich and Mega Rich (Which mosto therm are anyway) until they learn wha is it like to be of Medium Income or lower, it wil be hard for them to win
the 99% wil always control who wins the election, the 1% may hav the money but WE have the vote which to me is far more important then the money, don't get me wrong I would not have anu issue being rich, but I am also reallistic about that as well, plus I do not have a Garge to build an elelvator for my Car

Domin8or
04-19-2012, 12:41 PM
How bout this for an option http://ac2012.com/

denuseri
04-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Yeah it doesn't really matter who we elect when its the super rich who make certain our choices are all shit!

The Novice
04-19-2012, 04:50 PM
I just want to know in what world is Obama not part of the 1%.

StrictMasterD
04-19-2012, 08:44 PM
I do not beelive that Obmam is worth the $245 Million that Romney is, plus Obamma is concerend about th Middle and Low Income Families of the Population, I am not sure that Romney knows they even exist, he once said 4 months ago during the Debates "I am not concered about the Low Income part of the Population, the all have a saftey net under theem" We do where is mine?

The Novice
04-20-2012, 03:33 AM
True,Obama is not worth as much as Romney, but that does not change the fact that he is in the 1%. I go with the Reagen idea of voting. If I am not better off then I was four years ago the guy in office has to go. I am not better off than I was four years ago, so the guy in office has to go. Though I am a firm believer that the reason I am not better off is because of the morons that are running the state I live in. Which are the same pool of political morons Obama came from, got love the Chicago way.

lucy
04-20-2012, 04:49 AM
I predict here and now that no matter who you're voting for: You won't be better off in four years than you are today. Unless democrats and republicans start working together to solve some of the problems instead of flinging dirt at each other all the time. But then again, that's not very likely to happen.

The Novice
04-20-2012, 05:51 AM
So very true, Lucy.

Thorne
04-20-2012, 07:25 AM
I predict here and now that no matter who you're voting for: You won't be better off in four years than you are today. Unless democrats and republicans start working together to solve some of the problems instead of flinging dirt at each other all the time. But then again, that's not very likely to happen.
True enough. The first thing they have to do is figure out which are the real problems! Worrying about contraception, for example, doesn't do squat for the economy. The way things are going, no one is going to be able to afford them anyway.

StrictMasterD
04-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Lucy, I agree 100%

StrictMasterD
04-20-2012, 08:41 AM
It would also be nice but as unrea;istic as anyting ever, that both Obama and Romey STOP bashing each other, and starttalking aboutthe issues OR people may become so disengaed by the process tha tthe Voter turno ut is lwer in November then in recent history,
It is like the Republicans debates WERE, they need to DISCUSS THE ISSUES and not bash each other, everyone knows where Obama failed, everyone knows what Romeny did as Governor, lets be direct with the Aerican people and insteado f saying"Hewil not o this, or that" letssays WHAT YOY WILL DO, even if you do not keep your word the Voters wil at least know where you stand ON EVERYTHING I am tired of all the Bashing already

Punish_her
04-20-2012, 02:43 PM
ron paul

Punish_her
04-20-2012, 02:46 PM
Same here! I would gladly vote for a third party candidate if I liked their ideas and thought they had a chance of getting in and actually changing things.

However...seeing as that's not going to happen anytime soon...I plan on voting for the devil I know as opposed to the corporate bigwig fake flake.

im curious as to how obama is not a corporate bigwig fake flake. please enlighten me

Punish_her
04-20-2012, 03:05 PM

arguably its not about democrat vs republican, it's about young vs. old, or it should be. and both groups can't win

denuseri
04-20-2012, 03:24 PM
I do not beelive that Obmam is worth the $245 Million that Romney is, plus Obamma is concerend about th Middle and Low Income Families of the Population, I am not sure that Romney knows they even exist, he once said 4 months ago during the Debates "I am not concered about the Low Income part of the Population, the all have a saftey net under theem" We do where is mine?

ha ha ha...No Obama only wants you to think he cares so he can get your vote...if you look however..he hasn't actually done a thing to help anyone other than his big business contributors...heck he even has kept the war going exactly as his predecessor wished following his play book to the letter.

denuseri
04-20-2012, 03:28 PM
im curious as to how obama is not a corporate bigwig fake flake. please enlighten me

Oh I never said "what else" Obama was (other than a flat out liar and fake---check any of my other posts about him) outside of being the "devil" (that isn't bad enough for you? blink blink)

StrictMasterD
04-20-2012, 03:40 PM
ha ha ha...No Obama only wants you to think he cares so he can get your vote...if you look however..he hasn't actually done a thing to help anyone other than his big business contributors...heck he even has kept the war going exactly as his predecessor wished following his play book to the letter.
Actualy you are wrong, he ended Irquw which Bush had NO plands to do, he is ending Afganistan by then end of 2013 which Bush had no intentions of doing, rember BUSH sent us into 2 Wars WITHOUT Congressional approve which is required by the Constitution and not only did he get us into 2 Waras he did so with no wayto pay for either At least Obma got rid of Bin ladin, he got us out of Iraque and we wil be out of Afganistan by then end of next year, HE INHERITED these 2 wars he did not send us into either of them so please remind yourself that Obmam has eneded1 war our involvment anyway and has pub;lic lan to end the other one BUsh did neither nor did he get Congressinal approval for either which is required nor did he have money to pay or either one I am NOT defending Obamam but the trustho n the war is the truth

StrictMasterD
04-20-2012, 03:46 PM
No, Obmam has not done EVERYTHING he promied, but what President ever has, but he did say he would end Iraque he did, he didsay he would end Afganistan and we wil in Dec of next year, he interited a TERRIBLE Economic Mess no things are not perfct but alot if not most of what he came into the Oval Office with was left for him by Bush
What would have happenend to our WHOLE Economy had he not bailed out the Auto Industry? He is far from perfct but he came into an Hrrific mess and is simply try to clean it up
I rmember backto when he firstcme into office he asked for a huge stimlus package no it realy did not work BUT as Nancy Pelosi said when the packahe was passed and the Republican cried out of the money "The drove the car into the ditch, now they the Republicansare complaing about the size of the "Toe Truck to get it out"

Punish_her
04-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Oh I never said "what else" Obama was (other than a flat out liar and fake---check any of my other posts about him) outside of being the "devil" (that isn't bad enough for you? blink blink)

okay, i was under the impression you were implying he was not a corporate bigwig fake flake

lucy
04-20-2012, 11:04 PM
arguably its not about democrat vs republican, it's about young vs. old, or it should be. and both groups can't win

Why should it be about young vs. old? It could just as well be progressive vs. conservative, urban vs. rural. And no matter what: In none of this cases both can't win, but both will lose even much more if they can't find compromises.
However, American politics are dominated by democrats and republicans, so it's them who need to start working together and find compromises.

Punish_her
04-21-2012, 06:49 AM
Why should it be about young vs. old? It could just as well be progressive vs. conservative, urban vs. rural. And no matter what: In none of this cases both can't win, but both will lose even much more if they can't find compromises.
However, American politics are dominated by democrats and republicans, so it's them who need to start working together and find compromises.

because the entire social structure is heavily subsidized to last until the last baby boomer dies and i get stuck with mountains of utterly unpayable debt

lucy
04-21-2012, 07:28 AM
With all due respect: You ARE stuck with mountains of utterly unpayable debt.

denuseri
04-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Actualy you are wrong, he ended Irquw which Bush had NO plands to do, he is ending Afganistan by then end of 2013 which Bush had no intentions of doing, rember BUSH sent us into 2 Wars WITHOUT Congressional approve which is required by the Constitution and not only did he get us into 2 Waras he did so with no wayto pay for either At least Obma got rid of Bin ladin, he got us out of Iraque and we wil be out of Afganistan by then end of next year, HE INHERITED these 2 wars he did not send us into either of them so please remind yourself that Obmam has eneded1 war our involvment anyway and has pub;lic lan to end the other one BUsh did neither nor did he get Congressinal approval for either which is required nor did he have money to pay or either one I am NOT defending Obamam but the trustho n the war is the truth

You may wish to check your facts.

First of all, Congress gave Bush its approval for everything we have done since 911. (Well documented and under media scrutiny the whole way I might add)

Secondly, all of the withdrawals in Iraq and subsequent build ups in Afghanistan have in fact followed the pre-established conditions and timetables set down during Bush and Cheney's administration...almost to the letter.

Thirdly, remember who put into action the first stimulus? Yes that's right it was Bush. Yet again, Obama has simply followed the play book left by his predecessor.

Even his health care bill and subsequent deals with other such massively big companies (especially the 7 sisters who run the oil industry) is a sellout to big business that forces us in the first instance to all buy insurance or pay a fine and in the second to pay as high as possible "market bearable" price for fuel to continue to allow the 45% pure profit for big oil mark up and record profits.

Now you would think this means I wouldn't be voting for him of all people right?

Wrong....a vote for Romney is just like bending over even further and saying to the corporate big wigs..."well I enjoyed being fucked over by your figure heads soooo much...now I am willing to do away with the middle man and get fucked directly up the waazoo by any one of your ceo robber barons turned politician any time you wish...mast,a."

Punish_her
04-21-2012, 08:15 AM
With all due respect: You ARE stuck with mountains of utterly unpayable debt.

not I said the young man with no family, no IMMEDIATE DEBT IN MY NAME, and no dependents. there's a reason i'm expatriating in the summer

Punish_her
04-21-2012, 08:18 AM
You may wish to check your facts.

First of all, Congress gave Bush its approval for everything we have done since 911. (Well documented and under media scrutiny the whole way I might add)

Secondly, all of the withdrawals in Iraq and subsequent build ups in Afghanistan have in fact followed the pre-established conditions and timetables set down during Bush and Cheney's administration...almost to the letter.

the war powers resolution, whether or not it is constitutional is debateable, but as it stands, its legal, but it doesn't mean it was a good decision

denuseri
04-21-2012, 08:23 AM
Doesnt matter a wit whether it was a good decision or not...its the facts.

Congress did indeed give its stamp of approval.

Mainly becuase big oil wanted it too.

Punish_her
04-21-2012, 08:33 AM
Doesnt matter a wit whether it was a good decision or not...its the facts.

Congress did indeed give its stamp of approval.

Mainly becuase big oil wanted it too.

there is not a single shred of evidence that supports we went into the Middle East for oil

Punish_her
04-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Also, I propose changing the name of this thread to "November Erections"

StrictMasterD
04-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Bush never set a Time Table and he Publcy said her would never set a Time Timefor Withdrawl so the Taliban would not be waiting inthe wings so to speak to take over
I never read anhwere where MONEY as allottedfor either War nor do I ever remember hearing Congress ok going the
My point on the Stimulus was simple the Repulicans complianed about the Ammount of the Stimulus Bill but they are the ones who drove us into the situation thus Pelosi's remark, Bush was respomable for most of the Economic Conditions when Obama Taook over, GM was ailing BEFORE Obma took over, the SubMortage Crisis startedBEFORE OBama took over
I might add I do NOT support Obama the reality is most of what Obamam is dealing with now, he Inherited, with the exception of High Gas Prices, which usual happens in an Election Year, it happenend in 2008, and 2004 no the prices then were not $4 a galoon but 85-90% of what Obamam is dealing iwth now he inherited hecame into a Weak Economy, He came into 2 Wars,. one he has already Ended, He came into An Economic Downturn, He cam into The Auto INdustry in trouble, yes he is t blame for some of the current issues we are now dealingwith, but most he inherited
I might also add, that Bush took a MASSIVE Surplus left by Clinton and turned that into a Massive Debt faster then ANY President in History be they a Repulican or Democrat
The reality is come November we realy have no real choice for the White House

StrictMasterD
04-21-2012, 08:51 AM
If you go back to when Obama 1st announced us leaving Iraque, Sen. John Mcain and VP Cheney BOTH critisized him saying "You do not tell your Enemy when you are leaving" Mcain was far more outspoken over this the Cheney was but both where very critical of Obmam for Publicly say when we were leaving Iraque and Afganistan
The Best way to win a War is to simply take away the ability for the Enemy to fight

lucy
04-22-2012, 01:01 AM
not I said the young man with no family, no IMMEDIATE DEBT IN MY NAME, and no dependents. there's a reason i'm expatriating in the summer

Won't help you, either. The IRS taxes American citizen's income even if they've expatriated (far as I know it's the only country who does that).
So you need to get rid of your American citizenship if you want to avoid having to pay for America's debt. Or not have any income.

Stealth694
04-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Like most REMF's Cheney was incredibly short sighted but Mcain is a real hypocrite, he should know that pulling a military force out of a theatre of occupation is a time consuming and in depth procedure. There is no way an enemy cannot see that we are pulling out and prepare for it. But as usual the Republicans are not responsible for the mess but they sure do not want to let the Democrates clean it up (?). But with Austrailia pulling out a year in advance hopefully NATO will get the idea that the Middle East is just a lost cause and join the Austrailians and hopefully OBama will decide to pull out early also.

Punish_her
04-22-2012, 08:13 AM
Won't help you, either. The IRS taxes American citizen's income even if they've expatriated (far as I know it's the only country who does that).
So you need to get rid of your American citizenship if you want to avoid having to pay for America's debt. Or not have any income.

that is my intention

StrictMasterD
04-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Like most REMF's Cheney was incredibly short sighted but Mcain is a real hypocrite, he should know that pulling a military force out of a theatre of occupation is a time consuming and in depth procedure. There is no way an enemy cannot see that we are pulling out and prepare for it. But as usual the Republicans are not responsible for the mess but they sure do not want to let the Democrates clean it up (?). But with Austrailia pulling out a year in advance hopefully NATO will get the idea that the Middle East is just a lost cause and join the Austrailians and hopefully OBama will decide to pull out early also.
Mcain is a RINO (Republican InName Only) Obamas plan it to leave Afgsnistan by Dec 0f2013 he aleady pulled us out of Iraq and the only reason we even went into Afganistan wa for Bin Ladin who is now gone, if we wait til Al Quidea is dismatled we wil be there for ever but I do not belive Bush had ANY plan to end either War he only had plan to go into bothcountries and in any war you musthave both an Enter and Exit plan Bush had no Exit plan
I might add the last time the United State Delcared War was WW2 Congress authirzed Miltary action for Iraq BUT THEY NEVER Delcared war on Iraq only pass a bil cal lthe Iraq Ristance Bill which authorizedMilitary action for the purposes of finding WMD's which didnot exit and to oust Huesein but a WAr delcration was neer issed
For what ever thereason the United States has this insesent need to "Force" our be;liefs on other countires, we as a Nation need to cease Policing the whole world, because when we need help, A Torndoes, Hurricane et no other Foreign helps us, what was the lasttime we had a Major Disater be it Man Made or even 911 and ANY foreighn conytry even any our Allies offered us ANY Help... NEVER, we alway rsuh in both they never rush to our Aid when we need it

StrictMasterD
05-05-2012, 05:57 PM
I may have used the wrong words what I wassaying it notthat the US went into Iraq and Afgansitan unapproved, the were approved, what was meant was WAR was never delcared against either Country before we went in
The last time Congresses approved a War Resolution for WW2, yes Article were approved to go into both countries we didnot delacre war of either nation
And the USA needs to stop Policing the world and forcing our VIEWS on the world

The Novice
05-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Amen to that. Let the rest of the world fix their own problems.

IAN 2411
05-20-2012, 11:17 PM
I have just received this from a very good friend in the USA, I just had to share it.

.................................................. .................
Dear Friends:

There are less than 7 months until election day when the people will decide who will be
the next President of the United States . The person elected will be the president of all
Americans, not just the Democrats or the Republicans. It’s time that we all need to come
... together, Democrats and Republicans alike.
In a bi-partisan effort for America :

If you will support Mitt Romney, please
drive with your headlights ON during the day.

If you support Barack Obama, please drive
with your headlights OFF at night.
.................................................. ..........
Sorry peeps....the devil made me post it

Be well IAN 2411

Stealth694
05-23-2012, 09:28 AM
That was what I said the day Little Georgie and his puppet master decided to go into Iraq to "Make the World a Safer Place"
Yeah Right,,

StrictMasterD
05-23-2012, 09:37 AM
No what I said was WAR was never delacred with Iraq or Afganistan, I neevr meantto say Bush never recoeoved permisson, WAR was never declared the asttime the US delcared war on anyonewas WW2
If Romeny is elected ALL Major Corpotarion wil recieve every conceivable Break thereis Tacx Breaks etc why should Companies berewaed for Off shoring Jobs
Obama may be a disapountmet, Ronmey wil be a disater

StrictMasterD
05-23-2012, 09:40 AM
The United State has a long history of invadfng other countries to Forced our ways on others, it is time the USA stared to take care of their own before we offer help to others
We immediatly send aid to any country who is victom of a disrater Man Man or other wise, when was the last time another Countrysent ANY HELP to us, nobody even sent help after 911

Cumplete Cuntrol
05-23-2012, 10:28 AM
It is a sad state of affairs that W/we are forced to choose between two evils at all, even if O/our personal perception is that one is less so than the other. In My opinion, any O/one who settles for what the Republicans or Democrats serve up as choices qualifies to be called a masochist.

StrictMasterD
05-23-2012, 06:07 PM
But our system works what other system works like ours does ture sometime we do have have great choice but the key herei s we have CHOICES you can vote for who ever youwant and not worryabout beingshot, arrested etc for doing so, how many other countreis sice thier day 1 has allowed that?
And if you are nothappy with you waselected you can vote him or her out in 4 years