PDA

View Full Version : Semi-permeant Marking

Belatu
01-28-2005, 07:14 PM
I decided a little while ago that I would like it if I had Slave Violet marked, however I don't want to do tattoo's yet until we have been doing this for a bit longer. But marker's would rub off far too quickly, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a semi-permeant way of marking her? Something that we could get easily, and that would last for a week or two. . . Thanks for the help!

Mobius
01-28-2005, 07:21 PM
I decided a little while ago that I would like it if I had Slave Violet marked, however I don't want to do tattoo's yet until we have been doing this for a bit longer. But marker's would rub off far too quickly, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a semi-permeant way of marking her? Something that we could get easily, and that would last for a week or two. . . Thanks for the help!

What a about henna Tatoo. It only last a few days.

Or you could use a perminant marker. It will last a few days to a week but will evently wear off.

You could always give her a big red hicki

BDSM_Tourguide
01-28-2005, 07:25 PM
I'd go with a henna tattoo. It's the only wany I know of that's semi-permanent and easy to redo if you want.

Belatu
01-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply's! Going to try the Henna :)

Nightstriker
01-28-2005, 07:53 PM
I will have to pass along a third word for the henna Tattooing. I have seen it last up to a week or so.

spirit
01-28-2005, 09:23 PM
This may seem a silly question, but how and where do you find a henna tattoo?

spirit

vistana
01-28-2005, 11:49 PM
usually you would buy henna powder (I've found it in some grocery stores) and mix it to make a paste, which you use to draw your own designs on.

Also, I've had henna tattoos last a few days to a few weeks, depending on where they are and how well you look after them. If you get one done, they usually say it will last 6-8 weeks, but my experince is 2-3 is the longest that it wil actually look good for.

Ranai
01-29-2005, 05:12 AM
Henna ornaments can turn out very beautiful. For good results, they need to be applied with care and patience. You can make quite a ceremony out of it.

In many Middle Eastern cultures, henna ornaments on hands and feet are applied as wedding adornments. So if you use this as a symbol of commitment, you are entering an ancient and widespread tradition.

You could ask around among people of Middle Eastern or Indian origin in your neighbourhood and have it done professionally. I believe the aesthetic outcome and the joy for you both would be well worth it.

Visual inspiration: A great resource for all things henna with awesome images and tips how to do it yourself is www.hennapage.com (http://www.hennapage.com) Take a look at their collection of line art patterns (http://www.hennapage.com/henna/what/lineart1/index.html).

Belatu
01-29-2005, 06:09 AM
Already decided on a design, where it goes, etc. As for where you can get it, I don't know if they have Target stores where you live, but I checked their website last night and they were selling a kit for $16.95.

Thanks for all the great advice on it, this site has been a big help! :D

midnightsky
01-30-2005, 12:28 AM
henna will last at least 2-3 weeks on me- though the quality may be different since that stuff was henna used for religius purposes for a friends church, so it had to stay on for awhile (on the hands)

Ranai
07-22-2005, 04:41 AM
An additional note for all who are interested in Mehndi – temporary skin decoration with henna.

Please use only pure, natural henna bought from a reliable source.

Do not use any so-called 'black henna'; these products contain chemical dyes. Notably paraphenylenediamine (PPD) which is a contact allergen (http://www.hennapage.com/henna/ppd/index.html). It can cause severe allergic reactions and trouble you for the rest of your life.

Henna body art is fun!
Please do it safely and intelligently, and take care what you put on your skin.

redcomyn
07-23-2005, 04:54 AM
Some tattoo shops can also do "real" tattoo which fade over a few weeks. belive its done by using a kinda food dye rather than ink, so the body absorbes it, hence why it istn really permament.

slo18
07-23-2005, 03:31 PM
try to find a kit that includes henna oil its aplied after the henna is removed and for some reson it helps the henna stay longer and the longer the henna stays on the sking the longer the die will last.

agp_millie
07-24-2005, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply's! Going to try the Henna :)

But i tht. you were going to try Violet?

(smile) Iodine is good too, if skin contrasts right. (hee hee)

kinkeeamee22
07-27-2005, 04:31 PM
the transfer paper used for tattoo design placement can be used also, and can last for a week or so if applied correctly :)
henna can be bought online also...