PDA

View Full Version : what to do

sunshine75
05-27-2012, 02:57 PM
i am sad at the reaction i have gotten from a few friends when i shared with them i want to be a sub...is this a normal reaction from people and if so how do i deal with it?

The Novice
05-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Get new friends.

sub_sequent
05-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Are these people that are into BDSM? Or vanilla?
Do they understand what it means?

Self-professed 'open-minded' people can be incredibly closed-minded if they personally don't like or approve of something.
But ultimately the choice is --yours-- only!!

Be mindful who you share the information with. And know that many vanilla people won't understand, but inside the community you will find acceptance.

sunshine75
05-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Thank you vicmal96.. no there not into the BDSM life... I thought they were real good friends, but I was wrong .. one wont even talk to me now... I will really watch who I talk to and tell about my choice... I think I was just wanting someone I new to talk to about it... that really is all i want, is to be accepted... again thank you..

sub_sequent
05-27-2012, 10:55 PM
An ideal opportunity to make new friends... Not to say that you should leave vanilla friends behind. Just add to the circle. Maybe attend a munch in your area if you are able.

Thats what i love about this place... My second home.... Here people are accepted. With their issues, likes, dislikes and choices!!

I hope you find that so, too. And find all you hoped to find!

sunshine75
05-27-2012, 11:15 PM
I have chatted with a few on here and so far everyone seems nice... I just need to not be so shy here.... I do like I don't have to hide anything here.... thank you

angelic.zest
05-28-2012, 12:29 AM
Well not everyone is as open-minded as we would like them to be. Even friends we've known for almost all our lives may react in a negative light once presented with the fact that we are taking up something new and/or abnormal. You can always keep in the fact that you are submissive with your vanilla friends because most might have strong feelings against it and find some friends who are into the lifestyle or at least open-minded and will allow you to be who/what you want. I know it maybe hard because I know for me I do love talking with my best friends about all of the activities I've been apart of, so that might be hard, realizing that you wont be allowed to just be as open as you would like. But there are somethings that are best left secret!

RoyalRiders
05-28-2012, 03:00 AM
I can relate to this very well. Most of my friends know that I'm owned. Some I can be open with, some I can share a few things, but with a couple I don't mention it at all. It's taken trial and error to find out which were which and several thought I'd gone out of my mind, but in the end it is my choice and I've never been happier, plus I can always come here and talk :)