PDA

View Full Version : A Natural Apprehension?

sub_sequent
08-06-2013, 06:48 AM
This is a question i posed on n another forum but becausee many people who paste here does not go to that forum, i thought of posting this here. This is something I have been thinking of alot recently...

I have only recently learned that I really love implact play. Floggers, canes, paddles and also just a good old fashioned bare hand!

But I do wonder if, when You started to slap (or spank or paddle or cane or flog) your submissive, whether You initially felt an apprehension at the social no-no of hitting someone else?

And face-slapping? For some reason, I think, it is even less socially acceptable to slap a womans face than perhaps her bottom. Do You agree. Is it something You do/enjoy. Was there a natural apprehension to overcome?

How did You overcome this?

Sir_Hadrian
08-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Interesting question.

During my journey, I found that impact play and hitting are completely two different things. Simply put, impact play in BDSM is done consensually while hitting is not. There are initial agreement even contract between Dom and sub before engaging into impact play (or any other form of play) to make it consensual. Not to mention safeword. Hitting usually caused by a heated argument or a fight, thus does not involving any agreement, contract or safeword.

My thought about face-slapping; I like it. If it done playfully without any intention to seriously hurt the sub (I called it light-slapping actually). But off course, before I do such play, I have to make sure that my sub also like the idea to avoid any shock or mental trauma that might occur.

So, no apprehension for me at all.

sub_sequent
08-10-2013, 05:41 AM
I switch with a play partner and the first time i caned him was a free-ing experience for me. Being caned is his fetish and the more extreme the better. It was difficult for me to really let go and just enjoy the interplay that happens when a play is good...

But the moment that apprehension disappeared when we both had that time in caning him and we were amost breathing together ...we werent talking... Just experiencing what I often think of as the magic that happens during a power exchange.