PDA

View Full Version : Classic SM/CP novels

YNHumiliator
03-14-2003, 03:19 PM
Well hello once again to everyone - I have been very busy since Xmas and just haven't had the time to interact! Thanks for the wake up call Tourguide *grin* I'm still writing my Lisa story - it's just taking me an age!!
So here goes - The story of O really gave us all plenty to discuss so what about "The Image" - its a really really erotic novel in my opinion, very close in importance to "O" - totally cold but charged with sexuality. How do the rest of you rate it?
What other published "classic" (used carefully! lol) novels do any of you rate really highly and why?
How about "Castle of Communion" by Bernard Noel, "House of Pain" by Pan Pantziarka or "The Cult of Pain" (sometimes called "The Callipygians" I think?) by Edmond Dumoulin?

Mobius
03-15-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by YNHumiliator
Well hello once again to everyone - I have been very busy since Xmas and just haven't had the time to interact! Thanks for the wake up call Tourguide *grin* I'm still writing my Lisa story - it's just taking me an age!!
So here goes - The story of O really gave us all plenty to discuss so what about "The Image" - its a really really erotic novel in my opinion, very close in importance to "O" - totally cold but charged with sexuality. How do the rest of you rate it?
What other published "classic" (used carefully! lol) novels do any of you rate really highly and why?
How about "Castle of Communion" by Bernard Noel, "House of Pain" by Pan Pantziarka or "The Cult of Pain" (sometimes called "The Callipygians" I think?) by Edmond Dumoulin?

how about this one

agp_millie
04-13-2003, 04:43 PM
INSTRUCTIONS for PACKING Your WVS.

When packing a WVS (woman voluntary servant) for transport to Your farm/apartment/bordello etc.

Ensure stabilty by securing her arms and ankles and thighs securely. Arms should be flat packed.
Good quality tensile strength in the ball gag.
Damp hood 1st for contraction in travel.
Wide fitting neck support
Securely locked chastity belt to prevent un authorised handlers from breeding her.
Packing case must be at least 5ply. and ventilated with not less than 2 holes per side, top and base, incase of being either upended or tightly packed next to other wvs travelling with her.

Here is the correct method used on me when i was shipped to the Sexperimental Farm Laboratory. Note firm udder supports.

BDSM_Tourguide
04-14-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by YNHumiliator

Somehow or another, I missed this whole thread. I haven't read a lot of BDSM fiction. Most of my reading has been how-tos and non-fiction.

However, I have read some fantasy/fiction stories relating to the subject. Some favorites of mine include the entire Gor series by John Norman (I said FANTASY), Belinda, Exit to Eden and the Sleeping Beauty Trilogy by Anne Rice.

I guess I have not really read any of the "classics", but like I said, I was reading more for knowledge than fantasy.

agp_millie
04-14-2003, 08:47 PM
Being of limited IQ and powers of concentration, or is that, constipation? i find some 'Classic' BDSM writers quite heavy reading.

However, as for Classic Artists, there are few to rival the Great Farrel, Dolcett and Benson, amongst many top bracket Artistes.

Hopefully the encl. Winzip file will attach.... NO!!! (tears) it was too big, Ouch! sorry. Please E.mail me for one of my all time great Fantasies, at 'La Clinique du Docteur Farrel'

If i was taken to this hospital, i think i would go for 'Bananes' as i start with a 'Poire' (smile)

Also, should any members wish for the full fantastic 70MB link that i have failed to up/load here, please E.mail me for the 4kb. link at agp_millie@yahoo.co.uk with, perhaps, a gift of Your own?

Attached is a sgl. small example of Farrels work, to remind You who He is.

Curtis
04-28-2003, 11:40 PM
I've already covered this subject in some depth on the "O for Overrated" thread, but I would like to add a couple of things here.

YNHumiliator, I've never heard of any of those stories you listed here! Guess I'm not up on my classics. I did like "Nine and a Half Weeks", which was actually better (MUCH better) than the movie, which kept most of the slow parts and left out most of the good stuff. (It also changed the story some, didn't it?)

BDSM Tourguide, IMHO anything Anne Rice wrote qualifies as an "Instant Classic" (as our local radio station would say). Which is not to say that it's good (I didn't care for either Belinda or Exit to Eden), just that its classic. The Beauty Trilogy was good, but the first book was the best and I wouldn't have been too disappointed if it had been one book at half the length of the trilogy. What do you think?

The female alcove "sculptures" were my introduction to 'women as furniture', a concept I am still struggling with. The first fifty or so pages of the first book really makes the whole thing worthwhile, especially to someone new to BDSM literature. I think the trilogy can be a good introduction to fantasy BDSM.

YNHumiliator
05-10-2003, 10:40 AM
Hey Curtis,

"The Story of O" and "The Image" are Classics - I guess I may be getting myself into trouble here by using that label again but...the three titles I cited as being Classics to me are because of their style of writing. Classic is certainly not meant as a label for something old - as for example "House of Pain" was written in 1996! Its described as scorched earth erotica which it certainly is! But it owes a hell of a lot to De Sade - thankfully though it's written with way more style! Try and find it - wonderfully depraved!!! "Cult of Pain" is a "Lessons" in a Victorian whipping club type thing with fanciful names for the participants - you'll see what I mean if you find it - Miss Skintear etc. Supposedly from 1904 - totally cold and matter of fact. "Castle of communion" - superb stuff from 1969.

So are there any other titles you've rated highly? Anne Rice has never really done it for me - I found the Beauty trilogy got boring after the first book.

All of the above are what you'd call mainstream I suppose - going a little more underground what about Victor Bruno? He wrote numerous titles and had a good eye for humiliation.
Particular favourites of mine are the "Erica" books by Rex Catt Saviour. Fantastically horny!
Totally mainstream what about J G Ballard - Crash - I know it's not what you'd describe as "normal" SM *grins* but its a great book.
Just to redress the balance a little - for FDOM you can't beat Angela Pearson(Greta X) - her "Whips Incorporated" has to be one of the best books in that genre - tho no doubt some of you may disagree? lol

Curtis
05-10-2003, 06:22 PM
In the area of newer stories written in the style of classics, I could reccomend two books from a Hustler erotic novel series of twenty years ago. Hot Wax Virgins is a terrible title for a pretty good story about a man who steals women and turns them into displays in his wax museum. The Hellfire Club is a good femdom tale of a man who tries to get his wife trained, but ends up on the wrong side of the whip. Both are set in Victorian England.

The Pearl is an omnibus collection of tales from a genuine Victorian erotic journal, which ran for eighteen issues. Included among short stories are six serialized novels, at least two of which should appeal to any BDSM afficianado. I had some difficulty with the slang.

A Man With A Maid is a three volume tale, the first of which is Victorian and the third is a modern 'fake'. The second SEEMS genuine Victorian to me, but there may be different versions of books two and three. Books one and two are each two short novels in one volume. The first short novel (and all of volume three, which is one story) are excellent, but the second through fourth short novels are mostly repeats of the first one.

The Olympia Reader is another omnibus collection. It contains single chapters excerpted from 41 novels published by Olympia Press in Paris, ranging from the early 1800's to the mid-1900's. It was reading these chapters that convinced me to buy Justine, by the Marquise de Sade.

I've tried to read a couple of books by Sacher-Masoch, but they did nothing for me. The last five books I've mentioned were published by Grove Press, whose successor, at least, is still in business.

Was this the sort of thing you had in mind?