PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Group ~ September 27th 9pm EST/September 29nd 1400 GMT

seamedblackstockings
09-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Our next discussion will be held Friday, 27th of September at 9:00 pm EST ~ Saturday 28th of September 0200 GMT AND again Sunday 29th of September at 1400 GMT/9am EST ~ hosted by Miss-Sett

Topic: is starting out within the bdsm lifestyle. The creation of a meaningful profile that demonstrates what a sub or dom/me has to offer, a guide of things to do and things to avoid.

We will meet in the chat room lobby and then move to a discussion room.

Anyone wishing to suggest a topic, please reply to this thread ~ we welcome all suggestions and participation.

See you there!!

Rules of discussion
1. No meeting/greeting each other after the discussion has started, period.
2. Serious replies please, with respect afforded to each other.
3. This is a discussion room, if people wish to chat or play, please return to the lobby.
4. No disrespectful language will be tolerated at all, nor will detrimental comments, each participant has an opinion. There are others present that wish to learn.

Stealth694
09-26-2013, 06:29 AM
Count me in,
Just send me a reminder so I will be there.

seamedblackstockings
09-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Summary of discussion 27th and 29th September 2013

The discussion concerned the creation of an o/l profile, it was determined that the profile was a form of introduction to another. Unlike r/l meetings where non verbal information is conveyed via body language and facial expression the profile is a form of expression of both what you seek and what you have to offer. The profile in essence was a method of attracting your target audience, whilst being informative. A larger ‘about me’ section would be advantages to some, if they wished to utilise this again personal choice.

A profile is an opportunity to introduce yourself to others, basic information such as gender, age, status and sexual preference. It is a starting point of conversation and interest sharing, however, too much information was determined to detract as would the literary expertise for some. Detailing further location or contact details were a matter of personal choice, what was agreed upon was a general time zone re country was required. It was also noted that a person who was not able to express themselves as clearly as another or given that English was a second language should not be discounted.

The determination of kink, limits, likes and dislikes for a new person may be helpful, if in fact they are known. A very new person may not be aware of the terminology or of what they seek from another. Throughout the discussion covering two days, no participants were able to recall being asked for assistance from an inexperienced member. The comment ‘ask me’ as opposed to, ‘I don’t know’ indicated to some that the person may either lack insight or could indicate a ‘cannot be bothered’ attitude; this was dependant on the personal choices and interpretation of the reader. Spending time to detail vanilla interests is a method of displaying a person as a rounded individual. It is an opportunity to meet a person not just for play but to share thoughts and ideas

An honest display of information was considered to be preferable in comparison to a misleading inaccurate portrayal as this inexperience would become swiftly become apparent within conversation. It was also detailed that a list of previous relationships would also not be an advantage, but the profile should be current and applicable to the present situation. The relationship of age and experience was also considered and generally agreed that regardless of age an honest depiction was preferable.

The profile picture was also discussed, there was no preference to facial or cartoon indicated, simply a matter of personal choice. Some found nude shots a little distasteful others did not, however the need to support security and a level of anonymity was a consideration for some, but not all. The photo could also assist identifiable likes as a swift snap shot into personal preferences. The sharing of emails and contact details via the profile could attract undesirable attention and many shunned from this in preference to providing this when a trust level had been established.

There was no difference between the expectations of dom/me or sub, merely that the desired core values are identified. Ultimately the profile is an opportunity to reflect your personality, stating that you are meek and mild in your profile but confrontational in chat does not mix well and is an indication of deception.

Miss Sett {Kuve}