PDA

View Full Version : Republicans eat their own

Mathius
09-23-2013, 07:48 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/22/sarah-palin-fox-news-should-reveal-gop-leaders-who-provided-opposition-research-on-ted-cruz-and-a-prominent-conservative-backs-her-up/

So the GOP doesn't want obammy care but they are eating their own now by destroying the one man fighting obammy care. And they expect us to vote for their worthless asses?!

TheDeSade
09-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Overt symptom of the internal rot of the GOP. McCain is the poster child for the whole mess. The senior members of the party no lnger represent the tenets on which the party was built. There needs to be a coup in the GOP before we can take back this country. The likes of McCain, Graham, and Boehner have to be ousted as well as the entrenched party hacks who pull strings from behind the curtains.

Mathius
09-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Overt symptom of the internal rot of the GOP. McCain is the poster child for the whole mess. The senior members of the party no lnger represent the tenets on which the party was built. There needs to be a coup in the GOP before we can take back this country. The likes of McCain, Graham, and Boehner have to be ousted as well as the entrenched party hacks who pull strings from behind the curtains.

Well put!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/22/chris-wallace-top-republicans-sent-me-opposition-research-on-ted-cruz-to-hammer-him-with/

Was the original story.

Thorne
09-23-2013, 12:53 PM
You know, the GOP mouthpieces keep ranting about how awful the ACA is, and how it's harming so many people, yet the damned thing hasn't been implemented yet! I think, as I read somewhere, that they are actually afraid that it WILL work, despite the bizarre modifications the GOP forced on it to get it passed in the first place, and that Obama, and the Democrats, will reap the credit in upcoming elections. They would rather destroy the economy, and the economies of other nations as well, than to allow Obama to get credit for anything at all!

The nicest part is seeing the far right Tea Partyers ripping into the more moderate Republicans who realize they're doing it wrong. All the signs are there for a schism, with the political and religious fundamentalists splitting off to form their own insane party, or parties, leaving the Republicans shattered and helpless. It would pretty much remove them from political power for the foreseeable future, I think.

On the other hand, you might find the remnants of the GOP being bolstered by the more right-wing Democrats (like Obama) and forming a more moderate, more realistic political platform. Reduce the far right and far left to impotency, let them stew in their own insanity, and get this country back on the path to real freedom and democracy.