PDA

View Full Version : Movie "Exit To Eden"

MitchC
10-15-2013, 07:45 AM
Hopefully forum members that might be more experienced than me can help shed some light on this question,

I'm reading Garry Marshall's autobiography. In the book he discussed all the movies he was involved in. One of them is "Exit To Eden"

I saw the movie only once, when it first came out, before I realized what my true interest in BDSM was/is.

All I remember, is that the movie starred Dana Delany, as a Mistress, and head of a BDSM type island, and there were scenes about BDSM in the movie.

So, I guess my question is.. Was the movie really about BDSM as we think about/discuss on this forum.. and.,. did it depict the true nature of the lifestyle as we know it? I wish I could remember more details about the picture, but it was a long time ago.

Any recollections/observations/interpretations would be appreciated. Thanks.

TheDeSade
10-15-2013, 08:00 AM
To answer your question succinctly, no. The depiction of the lifestyle in the movie was very distorted and almost caricature like. However, DanaDelaney was hot as hell in some of those outfits she wore!

thir
10-16-2013, 01:59 AM
Hopefully forum members that might be more experienced than me can help shed some light on this question,

So, I guess my question is.. Was the movie really about BDSM as we think about/discuss on this forum.. and.,. did it depict the true nature of the lifestyle as we know it? I wish I could remember more details about the picture, but it was a long time ago.

Any recollections/observations/interpretations would be appreciated. Thanks.

That would depend on what you consider the true nature. I think the answer to that question would be different from one person to the other.

Personally I found it fun in many ways, and there were some isolated hot scenes in it, but mostly I consider it a bdsm comedy, which is not a bad thing :-)

leo9
10-16-2013, 05:24 AM
It's a passable comedy-thriller about a murderer in an island sex club resort. Where it tries to deal with BDSM, it's so bad it's funny.

Some of this is probably down to the studio trying desperately to keep an 18 certificate by avoiding anything too "kinky." We rolled on the sofa laughing when the subs kneel to kiss the Mistress' knee.

In my latest BDSM novella, my heroine tearing into a wannabe Dom says "Where did you learn BDSM, watching Exit to Eden?" So no, I don't think you will learn anything useful from it except how weird a view vanillas have of it.

Kuve {Sett}
10-17-2013, 10:24 AM
It was based on a popular novel by Anne Rice which, while I've never read it, has been well reviewed by a number of scene people. However the movie chose to add a totally original plot line involving a murder involving Dan Akroyd and Rosie O'Donnel which obscured the love story aspect which was the main theme of the novel. You would do well to enjoy it for what it was and leave anything it says about the nature of the scene and how to do it to the vanillas for whom it was written.

MitchC
11-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the replies/observations.