PDA

View Full Version : Self needle work

gracieflower
11-09-2013, 03:40 PM
I've recently started to see more and more self needle art pictures featured on fet, and they are incredibly detailed and beautiful. I have only ever briefly played with needles, and am curious about the reality of that amount of work being done to the body by yourself. I imagine here are endorphins burning like crazy, but also, what health risks are there, as i believe that when pulling the needles is when the most bleeding will typically occur. Any input or feedback is appreciated. Regardless ... Amazing and beautiful work to those that know what they are doing and thank you for sharing the pics.

jane pain
11-15-2013, 02:23 PM
I was interested in this as I have never really thought to self-needle.....
Decided the best way to see was to give it a go as i happen to have some sterile medical needles :)

For Science!

- So I did some reasonably shallow piercing (~1cm between in / out, left in for 5 mins) with low(ish) endorphins / arousal for the interests of comparison - it doesn't really hurt, less than a static shock going in (my pain scale), a bit more pain coming out but not masses (& deep aching for a bit after)... Bleeding = none on insertion or whilst in, 4x fat drops after removal & healing is pretty damn quick (used antiseptic wipes anyway because better safe than sorry but unless you are unhygienic with the needles i don't think there is a huge infection risk). only have 2 needles and can imagine it builds as you are adding (both pain & endorphins/arousal).

I know anecdote is not science but it's the closest I can manage xx

just_ine
11-15-2013, 10:41 PM
I love needles and have also wanted the pretty needlework I have seen. The problem I have with doing it myself is that, by the second or third needle, I start floating and by the 5th I'm in subspace.
I don't think that it would be a safe scenario, for me anyway.

The blood-issue is, as jane pane said, easily manageable. And I'm all for using sterile needles and anti-septic wipes is a must.
Remember the SAFE in SSC.

gracieflower
11-17-2013, 06:57 AM
Thank you both for the input! Its something that ive curiosity about, but am aways from trying on my own. Baby steps, but it looks ... amazing :)

Crushers Rose
01-08-2014, 03:03 PM
I'm a bit of a needle-phobe, but I have noticed that I get thoroughly intrigued by the pictures of all the beautiful needle work. It's art, in my opinion.

That being said though, I think I would consider self-needling as something to be wary of.. especially if you are one who begins to start drifting off toward subspace with each needle. Who is going to make sure that you are cared for properly while your head is in the clouds? Please be safe..

thir
03-03-2014, 04:52 AM
There is something to learn here. Try this site:
http://www.peter-masters.com/wiki/index.php/Practical_Needle_Play