PDA

View Full Version : "P" is for Power Exchange

gracieflower
12-18-2013, 02:33 AM
Power exchange - The empowerment of the dominant by the submissive's surrender to his/her control. Power exchange is consensual and should be well negotiated. The depth of the power yielded by the submissive is equal to level of responsibility assumed by the dominant.

Power exchange levels - A system for linking emotional involvement and depth of feeling with degree of power exchange. The Five Levels are: one - Conditional compliance, two - Restricted ongoing acquiescence, three - Provisional submission, four - the Covenant of dominance and submission, and five - Absolute ownership. The first four levels are based in reality.

just_ine
03-05-2014, 09:16 AM
This was really interesting....i have never seen these level and i think it looks really neat and almost perfectly boxed...As with most thing regarding labels and corresponding boxes, life usually isn't that neat. And BDSMers are by nature rather non-conformist.....

Power exchange levels - A system for linking emotional involvement and depth of feeling with degree of power exchange. The Five Levels are: one - Conditional compliance, two - Restricted ongoing acquiescence, three - Provisional submission, four - the Covenant of dominance and submission, and five - Absolute ownership. The first four levels are based in reality.

Again, I disagree with the thought process that Absolute Ownership is not based in reality. It is a personal thing. And while it may not be reality for some, it certainly for others.