PDA

View Full Version : "R" is for Roisay

gracieflower
01-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Roisay - An imaginary place from The Story of 0, by Pauline Reage. where young women were brought to be trained as slaves. Also used as a code word for SM.

leo9
01-26-2014, 05:02 AM
The funny thing is that Roissy and Samois are now boring suburbs of Paris, and the French are much amused that they are names to conjure with in the English-speaking world, as if they were to get all excited about Neasden.

Mr.Quirt
03-29-2017, 04:48 PM
It's Roissy, not Roisay. Far from imaginary, when Story Of O was written Roissy was an ordinary Paris suburb with some up-scale parts. That was before half of it was bulldozed to make way for Charles De Gaulle Airport. Today Roissy affords the opportunity to fly over and taxi by (or over?) the fictional estate where O was introduced to the whip and trained in submission.

leo9
03-29-2017, 11:28 PM
Back before the airport, a kinky US couple we used to know visited both places while touring France, and discovered that Samois' other claim to fame was a jazz festival. So she got him to photograph her next to the "ROISSY" road sign wearing a Samois Jazz Festival shirt, and sent it to their friends captioned "My Master took me to Roissy and Samois and all I got was a lousy teeshirt."

slaveboy 6
04-10-2017, 09:18 AM
Must put Roissy on my bucket list