PDA

View Full Version : What To Call "Masters" /Doms/Daddys/Sirs on the site?

Sirs_GoodGirl (Whyteknyght)
01-29-2014, 10:19 PM
In a "social" setting such as the forum?
I have several amazing Doms responding to me and I hesitate to call them by name, I do not know what protocol is and I figure this would be a great opening lesson.
Instruction, please?

deigja
01-30-2014, 01:58 AM
There are many approaches to bdsm and so there are different things people expect or would like so you should trust your gut on this one.if you feel more comfortable calling every dominant sir, I´d go with that. It´s a common practise around here ;-)

Personally I do only submit to master and as I do not frequent any real life clubs or get togethers on protocol, so I´m not used to the Group etiquette that requires to call every dominant sir. Also any honorific between a dom and sub has to be earned in my opinion. I do not call everyone Sir by default. In chat or in posts I thus use the name the person uses here. If I get to know somebody better, or read a lot from them, I might call a dominant Sir but it is a decision from case to case. No one has ever complained this policy ( only if I was in a bratty mood and shortened a name in chat in a way that was not appreciated, and more often that ends not in a complaint but in a fun discussion ).
For me calling someone Sir on the forums is a sign that I like the way that persons approach on bdsm, that it´s a person whose opinions I have come to value and who I honor thus.

Deigja

jules
01-30-2014, 06:37 AM
I agree totally with deigja.

I do not call just anyone claiming to be a dominant Sir. In my opinion the honorific is something I use to those who I know and who I hold in high esteem and respect as a dominant. In practice, this mean that online there are few I call Sir. Obviously my own Dom does get called Sir and he is the only one I submit to.

I have to say, if any man who talks to me insists on my calling him Sir or Master when I don't know them at all, it rings alarm bells in my head.

I think as long as you are polite, there is no specific rule around this, particularly in the online community.

denuseri
01-30-2014, 04:30 PM
Well as per the site rules...You don't have to call them anything at all in chat or the forums etc. All members are equal and no honorifics are necessary.

Besides as previously mentioned...just because someone has dom in their profile...it doesn't mean they are dominant too you. In fact its just as likely that who ever it is hasn't even ever done any bdsm what so ever in their life.

Now when your in a "scene" or having a session or online role play...what titles are used then is purely voluntary but determined by you and the one (s) playing the top as need be.

In real life I've never worried about it because in any given situation I've always trusted the one holding dominion over me to correct me as they desired. I usually; unless I knew they belonged to certain traditions, went with a default Sir or Ma'am.

Sirs_GoodGirl (Whyteknyght)
02-01-2014, 01:17 AM
My query was to find out if calling someone by an honorific on the site would indeed be considered an honor; I appreciate you ladies clearing it up, as always :))