PDA

View Full Version : Forum Database Troubles...

Dngnkeeper
02-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Oh this is weird and not in a funny way.

Today at 2:50 ET on the main forum page it shows the latest post in the "Other BDSM Stories" forum is I am a very Obediant Slave... (http://bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=2768) by Slave Maria . When you click the link I get a No Such Thread error message. She is not listed in the "Members List"

Also it shows that the latest post in the Personals Forum is Sexy Slave Looking for Master (http://bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=2771) Also by Slave Maria. When clicking it I get the same result.

Also in the Currently Active Users listing and on the seperate page it shows 13 members but only lists 11. I have noted this for several days now.

Also the clock in the server is slow by about 22 min.

Jinn HELP. I think we may have a problem here.

BDSM_Tourguide
02-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Slave Maria and all her posts were removed earlier today forher excessive spamming of the boards. Basically, she was offering herself as a high-priced hooker with BDSM benefits.

The reason you can't see all the members on the member's list is because some of them choose to be invisible.

As for the clock, who knows what's going on with that. The one in ST is broken, too.

Finding_Fantasy
02-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Today at 2:50 ET on the main forum page it shows the latest post in the "Other BDSM Stories" forum is I am a very Obediant Slave... (http://bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=2768) by Slave Maria . When you click the link I get a No Such Thread error message. She is not listed in the "Members List"

Also it shows that the latest post in the Personals Forum is Sexy Slave Looking for Master (http://bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=2771) Also by Slave Maria. When clicking it I get the same result.

This is because Slave Mira posted a link to her pesonal pay site. She is a submissive for hire and she posted 5 posts, all were a link for her site. For a blatant violation of the CoC her posts were removed and she was banned.

Also in the Currently Active Users listing and on the seperate page it shows 13 members but only lists 11. I have noted this for several days now.

This is because there are 13 members on but 2 of them were most likely invisible. (A neat little function) It just notes that there are 13 people, but 2 of the names are hidden from general users. The only people that can see them is the super moderator and Jinn. Some people just prefer not to be bothered when they are on so they use the invisible mode.

Sorry, I can't help you there. LOL

Finding_Fantasy
02-08-2005, 02:30 PM
DAMN YOU! Always getting the jump on me! :error:

littleslut
02-08-2005, 02:53 PM
oh the invisbale function sounds kinds cool
how would you go about that? :confused:
thanks

BDSM_Tourguide
02-08-2005, 06:57 PM
oh the invisbale function sounds kinds cool
how would you go about that? :confused:
thanks

From any forums page, click the Quick Links drop down at the top of the page in the dark blue navigation bar.

Select Edit Options.

Check the very first box you seen on the following page that says Use Invisible Mode.

Click save changes at the bottom of the page.

Chuckdom19
02-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Oh this is weird and not in a funny way.

The clock thing goes back at least 4 months. As does the "Currently Active Users". In the middle of the night, when I'm frequently on, it says Members and Guests. Count up the users, then compare it with the number of users listed, and it's always wrong by one or two.

Don't know if that helps.

Chuck

Dngnkeeper
02-08-2005, 10:32 PM
Thanks all. I guess I've admined too many DBs over the years. ;)

Tiger
02-09-2005, 12:13 PM
I have corrected the clock issue and the server time was reset.

There are over 1300 invisible users out of total 13,000. So it is not uncommon to see a couple invisible users when there are 10-20 active ones.

Eraser
02-09-2005, 01:48 PM
why not set an ntpd service?

erotic_nibbles
02-09-2005, 07:40 PM
From any forums page, click the Quick Links drop down at the top of the page in the dark blue navigation bar.

Select Edit Options.

Check the very first box you seen on the following page that says Use Invisible Mode.

Click save changes at the bottom of the page.

Oooooooooo!....Thanks TG... a new toy! :D

~~nibbles~~

BDSM_Tourguide
02-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Oooooooooo!....Thanks TG... a new toy! :D

~~nibbles~~

Sure. if you say so.

Maybe I'm missing it, but what's so good about not being seen?

slavelucy
02-10-2005, 01:57 AM

i was just thinkin' that. :confused:

i'd be more likely to PM someone if they were online, equally, i'd be much more likely to respond to PM's quickly if i was online. Oh well. :dunno:

sl

erotic_nibbles
02-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Sure. if you say so.

lol....it's not a matter of wanting to be invisible....it's a matter of knowing what all I can do on the site, knowing the different available features...fun toys!.....I am always visible if I'm here or in one of my messenger programs.....as you already know TG

~~nibbles~~

GaryWilcox
02-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Maybe I'm missing it, but what's so good about not being seen? I guess that it means that you won't get PM's of opportunity-- someone PMing you with a hello when you are just on to grab new conversations and exit quickly... or know too much about how much time you spend here, or what threads you are reading.

Of course, it should be noted that Jinn and BDSMTourGuide will always be able to see you're on the site anyways-- no hiding from the law!

erotic_nibbles
02-11-2005, 08:18 PM
TG.....I'm not getting my all of my new-post-to-thread email notices nowadays :(....Been happening for like 2 weeks now

~~nibbles~~

BDSM_Tourguide
02-11-2005, 08:53 PM
TG.....I'm not getting my all of my new-post-to-thread email notices nowadays :(....Been happening for like 2 weeks now

~~nibbles~~

Me either. This is an issue for Jinn to resolve, though.