PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new to this lifestyle

FluidAcid
06-22-2015, 12:29 AM
So, I'm new to this stuff and I don't really know where to begin. I'm really hoping for someone to show me the ropes before I keep going with this. I have always been curious about BDSM but I wasn't sure how to respond to it.

just_ine
06-24-2015, 10:45 AM
The wonder of BDSM for me is that the bottom/sub/slave is often just as knowledgable about What It Is We Do. Often, the bottom helps plot her/his 'downfall' ;) in a scene.

My advice? Don't wait for someone to 'show you the ropes'. Learn as much as you can. About all the different kinds of play and fetishes you are interested in. Learn how ones body responds to eg caning, and safety etc.
There are amazing threads on this forum to read, and other sites like BEST slave training, to name a few.

Good luck and have fun.

just_ine
06-24-2015, 10:51 AM
Apologies, FluidAcid. I assumed that you are a bottom. ;) serves me right for not reading your profile first.

The advice still stands, though... Read, read, learn and speak to other Doms. That's the best way to learn. :)

Mrs-Sett {Kuve}
08-04-2015, 12:39 PM
I would agree with the above posts, also speak to others, Dom/me and subs, but LISTEN, so much is lost when within the throws of the first few weeks of something that is so incredible. If in doubt seek a second opinion, but know not all are bad, many are good, seek, learn and enjoy.

Sett

Yourlord
10-29-2015, 01:29 PM
Do not afraid to try something new and everything will be ok!