PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying?

Microwave0ven
02-20-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm new here, totally, so I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place to put my question.

I've found that the word "roleplaying" in the BDSM world seems to be mostly associated around people who are actually acting out their fantasies in real life or across webcams. On the other hand, when I think "roleplaying", I think of two people exchanging written messages describing what they, themselves, are doing in the context of a storyline, no images or real life stuff involved. I have been searching for the storyline type of roleplaying in the d/s setting, but have been unable to find any.

Are there any places where "my" idea of "roleplaying" is done, or is there anyone here who is interested in that sort of roleplaying?

Thanks
Microwave0ven AKA Mo

Ruby
02-21-2005, 03:25 AM
Welcome Microwave0ven,

We've got three threads of that type of role playing in the forums with way more than two doing the playing. It's a "round robin" writing effort and I invite you to check them out.

The New Lord Mobius's Dungeon is in the Picture Section
with a behind the scenes work area in the Sexual Fantasy section.

http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2647

In the Sexual Fantasy section of the Community index, there is a Thread called "Captain Chuck's Bondage Cruise" which will let you enjoy another adventure in Lord Mobius' world. Feel free to let the good captain know you're waiting at the docks and ready to go for an adventures.

A great place to get shipwrecked or become "lost" is on Master's 13's Island, also located in the Sexual Fantasy section. He runs his own island, so check in with him if you want to play.

As a male, you might prefer to join the dungeon or start your own thread in the fantasy section and invite folks to join in. Like Mobius your world is only limited by your imagination and the hard limits of the folks who join you.

The current FAQ for the New Lord Mobius's dungeon is located here:
http://www.vampirespet.com/FAQMD

It's a lot of fun and can be quite addicting. Again, welcome and have fun,

Ruby

slavelucy
02-21-2005, 04:26 AM
Hi Mircrowave,

Yeah, i understand the distinction you're making and i agree. There is a difference between actual r/t play (doing things that a Dom instructs you to do etc) and what i would class as roleplaying (typing or describing a scene in a story like sense). In the past, myself and WW have found ourselves kinda..merging the two...we can slip into an RP quite easily but then start to weave in some stuff in reality.

Anyway, as for your question, i understand that pure role play is carried out in most BDSM chat rooms, and, as Ruby says, on these forums in Lord Mobius's Dungeon (the people in their are the true Masters of RP!).

Have fun! :)

sl

Microwave0ven
02-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Thank you guys, er.. gals :rolleyes: , for your responses! I'll definitely check out those rps on this board :) Look forward to rping with you, perhaps!