PDA

View Full Version : Trump or Hilary?

slaveboy 6
12-28-2015, 03:42 PM
The thought of either one becoming President makes me cringe. Donald would probably insult our allies( UK, France, Germany) to the point where they'll ban him from the country), and I simply don't trust Hilary. She seems to have a different excuse anytime someone brings up the Bengassi incident.

It's a sorry state of affairs if the best the U'S. has are these two. If they are the Republican and Democratic nominees, I'll stay home on election day.

TantricSoul
01-06-2016, 10:21 AM
Once again we seem to be headed towards a choice between the lesser of two evils for president.

My hope is that Bernie gets the democratic nomination and wins the election.

ashamed_of_myself
02-29-2016, 03:54 PM
The thought of either one becoming President makes me cringe. Donald would probably insult our allies( UK, France, Germany) to the point where they'll ban him from the country), and I simply don't trust Hilary. She seems to have a different excuse anytime someone brings up the Bengassi incident.

It's a sorry state of affairs if the best the U'S. has are these two. If they are the Republican and Democratic nominees, I'll stay home on election day.

I couldn't agree with you more on this issue, slaveboy 6. I don't like our choices, and the Super Tuesday Primaries (March 1, 2016) are going to be something else too.

LaMarrKee
04-20-2016, 08:02 AM
I can only speak as an outsider; I'm Canadian. But of ALL the candidates, Hillary is the only one, I think, common sense to pour piss out of a boot..... and like her or not, she Does get things done. Bernie has not a hope of Ever implementing any of his pie-in-the-sky ideas, and is old enough his VP is likely to have to finish out his first term for him anyway. Drumpf and Cruz are simply small-minded men, seeking a job that calls for big thinking, and especially big-picture thinking. As far as her 'personal ethics' are concerned- They are ALL crooked, lying, SOB's they are politicians; it goes with the job. But She, at least, is a Smart one... and being the first female President, will be Determined to leave a positive 'legacy' behind her. Personally, I think she could be the best thing to happen to the USA since FDR. Just My opinion, and as I can't vote anyway, irrelevant..... but there you have it.

Denzark
04-20-2016, 11:51 AM
Both are terrible. Trump is an extreme Romney. He will do whats best for the wealthy and screw the rest. Hillary can't be trusted but I guess is less likely to screw it up.

The sad thing is the system. Clinton shows how a president can build a power base that gives his family a better chance and enable dynasties. Trump shows that money matters and the man with the most money has most chance. But few americans seem concerned enough to change the system,

As it stands looks like Hilary will be next Prez. The likes of Trump and Romney appeal to the republican right wing which gets them the nomination but when it comes to the election they lose so many demographics.

slaveboy 6
04-21-2016, 04:18 PM
If Hillary wins, would that make Bill the First Man?

RickBulow74
05-28-2016, 05:47 AM
I always say I am #NeverEVERTrump and #NeverEVERHillary, but #ALWAYSConstitution because neither Trump nor Hillary talk about or follow it.

One thing that I hope we all realize is that no matter who we vote for to live in the White House or work on Capitol Hill, or who they put on the Supreme Court, that the problem lies in Washington DC. In order to win the war, the battles have to be fought in places like Atlanta, Tallahassee, Indianapolis, Oklahoma City, Baton Rouge, Nashville, Montgomery, and Juneau. Now why do I mention those eight cities? Because they are capitals of states who had applied for a Convention of States for the Purpose of Proposing Amendments under Article V. In fact, just this past week, the legislators in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, had become the latest state to apply for such a convention. I am on the state leadership team in Florida, working as their Social Media liaison as well as working on the Convention of States Florida website.

Join the effort today!

Start by sending this petition DIRECTLY and IMMEDIATELY to your state representatives: COS Action (http://www.cosaction.com/?recruiter_id=972185). Make sure to check the box to allow us to contact you!

Second, create a profile at Convention of States (http://www.conventionofstates.com/?recruiter_id=972185) and take the steps in your activist dashboard.

Let's do this!!

Gatekeeper
05-28-2016, 10:41 AM
I believe its time to clean house. Time this country finds a new way to govern that will make it once again the country to be seen by the other countries looking at Us as the country to emulate. Currently, We look quite ridiculous with those who are in office, both in the senate/congress. Those in office now seem to have lost their way as to the reason as to why they were elected and placed in office. Over the last few years; if not more, the two parties have done nothing more than "grandstand" and haven't done what they were put in office for, to serve the people!!! They are more concerned playing their political games, "We have more of Us in this house and We say No to everything you bring up to a vote!!" Nothing but bickering and waste of taxpayer monies!! They don't represent anyone but themselves!! And they are quite the embarrassment in knowing the eyes of other countries are upon Us. They are more concerned as to taking care of those who have deep pockets and serve the special interests of the companies that will once again help them be elected once their terms are up for re-election. Thus, keeping the same unproductive and useless senators in office and keeping the special interest companies from any drastic changes that will impact their way of doing things and keeping their bottom line stable; regardless if these interests are good or not for the people of this country. Which many are not! In doing so, the people of this country that I served in the military for over 20 years has fallen into becoming the laughing stock of the world! And I wonder what ever happened to the country I so proudly defended and would have given My life for? For its not what I have witnessed over the last few years! And these so-called senators don't seem the serve the people they say they represent, for every year when the budget comes up for debate and they all play this ridiculous games of pretending to care for the people they serve when in turn; there is always an extension in meeting the budget or worse, the budget is held up from a vote altogether. Not caring about the people who voted them into office and in turn..hurting those same people who rely on this monies; i.e Government employees, those who rely on medical programs inpacted by the stalling, and many many others. But lest not forget, they get paid whether or not there is a vote!! In fact, they have to vote not to recieve a pay raise each year!! That sounds fair don't it! NOT
As far as this election year; God do W/we have such a great selection of possible candidates? One who has lost his mind and dont care who he insults or how he looks in front of all the publicity machine he seems to crave and insulting both the people of this country and that of other countries. Lacking serious people skills!!! I agree perhaps this country needs to look outside of the normal political nominees...but one who is so outrageous and one who has insulted and made a mockery of this country's election process; as well hasn't made a good impression on other world leaders. Sure he is one W/we all ought to run to the polls for and push the buttons during the upcoming election....!!! NOT Remember, if he wins the election, and with his hot headed and unthoughtful comments he often make..is the same person who has the ability to order the pushing of the button that can start a war that can cause catastrophic death to many in this country as well as others! This is not a Commander in Chief I would want to serve!! As for the other candidate; well she is a better choice; but maybe not much better. Although she served well in other positions within the government but not without some controversy. Some not of her own making and some that were. Mistakes have been made while she served Secretary of State, but I can't see how all the blame as the other party has tried to pin on her, is her fault. She had a many under her in who she relied upon (chain of command) who failed her. Yes I understand that she was ultimately responsible for those under her, but lets get real! One person can't possibly manage all the assets and the people to whom is under this umbrella of control within this office! It takes a team of people working together to make it all work. Many failed her! And to add salt to the wound W/we A/all felt from the loss of life in Benghazi was only compounded by those unrelenting and politically motivate "witch hunt" of those politicians who found fit to waste years of investigating and wasting so much of the taxpayer monies that really never solved anything other than get their names in the limelight and try to make a name for themselves! Yes there are other questionable things that may put shade on her, but overall I felt she represented this country...to b continued

Gatekeeper
05-28-2016, 10:42 AM
I believe its time to clean house. Time this country finds a new way to govern that will make it once again the country to be seen by the other countries looking at Us as the country to emulate. Currently, We look quite ridiculous with those who are in office, both in the senate/congress. Those in office now seem to have lost their way as to the reason as to why they were elected and placed in office. Over the last few years; if not more, the two parties have done nothing more than "grandstand" and haven't done what they were put in office for, to serve the people!!! They are more concerned playing their political games, "We have more of Us in this house and We say No to everything you bring up to a vote!!" Nothing but bickering and waste of taxpayer monies!! They don't represent anyone but themselves!! And they are quite the embarrassment in knowing the eyes of other countries are upon Us. They are more concerned as to taking care of those who have deep pockets and serve the special interests of the companies that will once again help them be elected once their terms are up for re-election. Thus, keeping the same unproductive and useless senators in office and keeping the special interest companies from any drastic changes that will impact their way of doing things and keeping their bottom line stable; regardless if these interests are good or not for the people of this country. Which many are not! In doing so, the people of this country that I served in the military for over 20 years has fallen into becoming the laughing stock of the world! And I wonder what ever happened to the country I so proudly defended and would have given My life for? For its not what I have witnessed over the last few years! And these so-called senators don't seem the serve the people they say they represent, for every year when the budget comes up for debate and they all play this ridiculous games of pretending to care for the people they serve when in turn; there is always an extension in meeting the budget or worse, the budget is held up from a vote altogether. Not caring about the people who voted them into office and in turn..hurting those same people who rely on this monies; i.e Government employees, those who rely on medical programs inpacted by the stalling, and many many others. But lest not forget, they get paid whether or not there is a vote!! In fact, they have to vote not to recieve a pay raise each year!! That sounds fair don't it! NOT
As far as this election year; God do W/we have such a great selection of possible candidates? One who has lost his mind and dont care who he insults or how he looks in front of all the publicity machine he seems to crave and insulting both the people of this country and that of other countries. Lacking serious people skills!!! I agree perhaps this country needs to look outside of the normal political nominees...but one who is so outrageous and one who has insulted and made a mockery of this country's election process; as well hasn't made a good impression on other world leaders. Sure he is one W/we all ought to run to the polls for and push the buttons during the upcoming election....!!! NOT Remember, if he wins the election, and with his hot headed and unthoughtful comments he often make..is the same person who has the ability to order the pushing of the button that can start a war that can cause catastrophic death to many in this country as well as others! This is not a Commander in Chief I would want to serve!! As for the other candidate; well she is a better choice; but maybe not much better. Although she served well in other positions within the government but not without some controversy. Some not of her own making and some that were. Mistakes have been made while she served Secretary of State, but I can't see how all the blame as the other party has tried to pin on her, is her fault. She had a many under her in who she relied upon (chain of command) who failed her. Yes I understand that she was ultimately responsible for those under her, but lets get real! One person can't possibly manage all the assets and the people to whom is under this umbrella of control within this office! It takes a team of people working together to make it all work. Many failed her! And to add salt to the wound W/we A/all felt from the loss of life in Benghazi was only compounded by those unrelenting and politically motivate "witch hunt" of those politicians who found fit to waste years of investigating and wasting so much of the taxpayer monies that really never solved anything other than get their names in the limelight and try to make a name for themselves! Yes there are other questionable things that may put shade on her, but overall I felt she represented this country...to b continued

Gatekeeper
06-03-2016, 10:15 AM
as promised "continuing on with My rant" LOL

....I believe Clinton has fairly represented this country well during her time serving as Secretary of State. Also, keep in mind, she always has established relations with other world leaders over the years that respect her. Whereas, Trump who has no real experience when it comes to dealing with world affairs, other than shooting off his mouth and managing to insult many already with his unthoughtful and irresponsible statements made. Goes to show you, money doesn't give you everything in life; especially brains as to think before you speak!

Now My thoughts as to what it would take to fix this country, knowing full well it will never come to being! (Just humor Me, take it or leave it)

First this country needs to find a way to bring more cooperation between the two houses (Congress & Senate). I don't know about those of you who read this posting; but I am sick and tired of the bickering between the two houses and those who serve within them! My first recommendation is to take out the "big" money players when it comes to election of those who are to hold office! Those who sit in those seats need to be voted in by their merits, not by those who do so by who they can suck up to and reach into the deep pockets of those who support them in order to win favors from the elected official later. Yes I understand that it cost monies to run an election campaign, but at what cost? Selling their souls and making promises to those who contribute big dollars to the candidates who when they are in office feel this obligation to fight for those who supported them getting into office; even though who they represent don't have the best interests of the country or of the safety and well-being of the people they represent! Back in the olden days, when elections were held, I am sure they managed to run campaigns without the pouring in of big monies from big donors and in result the Country was able to seat representatives without having hidden agendas that they feel they most argue over during houses sessions among each other due to the fact they feel they are obligated to do so if they wish to have those same Big donors there for their next election. So, with that said, the election process needs to be revamped in a way that is can be accomplished to get those big money people/corporations out of the equation.

Next, although the governmental structure of the houses has been the same since its inception and it would be unconstitutional to suggest any changes to the way it is currently structured and I know the purpose is to ensure "checks and balances" when discussing Country and World affairs and coming to the decisions that must be made in these discussions; however for what I have observed over the last years, not much is accomplished with the constant breakdown in communication or resistance to work together between the two parties within the two houses. I find this unacceptable as well as everyone in Our country should feel the same! So much time and monies are wasted throughout the year during these sessions where those on opposite sides of the political isle, just because they are on opposite parties and just for wanting to make a name for themselves by getting themselves in front of the publicity machine arena! Don't they realize that most of the time, doing so only reflect poorly on them and I am sure those who may have elected them into office just shake their heads and wonder "why the hell did I vote for someone who doesn't seem to represent My needs and the Country's needs?" Instead they argue over things that they feel makes them feel this power within their parties houses and to meet their obligations to those "deep pocketed" supporters, right or wrong. Here is My suggested fix to this and I realize its not ever going to happen; but in a perfect world and government....and yes I feel it would be beneficial and perhaps things would finally get done in the houses. Abolish the two parties! Crazy right? *shrugs* Well here is My reasoning on that. One party, one unified house! All working together to get those things done that the Country needs to handle in a possible more expedient manner; not holding up decisions just for the sake of one party trying to out argue or delay decisions of the other only because they sit on opposite sides of the isle! The checks and balances needed to ensure the right decisions are made for the Country and World can be accomplished through good and sensible presentation of the valid points made within the one party. Not just for the sake of trying to make one party looks incompetent over the other. When in fact, they both look that way in front of the World stage when its seen how ridiculous they look when they try to out due each other. On the same subject, I believe that each position should have term limits (2 maximum) . I know having experienced senators in the houses can be beneficial, but it can also stop any new ideas that may further ways to better Our Country. New ways to ensure Our Country is One that all Countries look toward as the One they wish to follow the lead of requires new ideas! Not those set in their ways with the same ideas or agendas! One last suggestion in regards to their pay; they should be paid through the same money tree that all government employees get paid from. Reasoning--that way when the yearly budget for other government employees come up for a vote, it not only impacts those who serve and rely on that monies, but also those who are making the votes (represenatives); whereas if any delay/extensions by the representatives within either houses occur, they are impacted as well. I am sure this will speed up this lengthy discussion each year, if their paychecks or their other benefits are held back by not passing a bill as well. Make it sting in their pockets as well, not on the backs of those who are deserving and needing this budget to be passed in a more timely manner each year!

Finally a few words about Our Country's Presidential Election process and campaigns. I will try to keep it short but don't count on it! First as mentioned above with the elections of those who sit in both the Senate and Congressional seats. TAKE THE MONEY OUT OF IT! Deep pocketed supporters means deep troubles in many ways for the Country. Always results in hidden agendas of those who they support in one way or another. Let the presidential candidates win votes through their merit, understanding of the real subjects that matter to the people and the Country they will be serving, and of what they can do that truly make a real difference in making Our Country stronger and prove they are the right person/leader to hold such a powerful position. Not being elected by those who can raise up the most money; only to be used to slander, argue, in mud-slinging campaigns and all the other things they do in front of the world that reflect poorly on the Country in front of other countries who are watching! The campaigns should be of subjects that matter to the country and the people who work so hard and support the government through their contributions to the campaigns and who pay their taxes each and every year; which in turn pay for those positions that the President and those in both houses get paid by! Also by taking out the "Big Money" donors, it will allow the Country to vote in the eventual Presidential candidate as well as those in the houses with a clear conscience when they are voted into their prospective offices and not feeling they are obligated to those who dug into their deep pockets to get them into office! It will also make for a fair playing field for anyone who wishes to enter the political arena, the chance to run fairly and possibly be elected without fearing they were not able to have as many "big money" donors supporting them. I feel there have been many viable candidates who have dropped out of many election campaigns because they didn't have the monies to compete with those who are in the pockets of such donors. Thus not affording them the opportunity for the people to come to a vote for whom may been the best "candidate" during these elections. Time For A Change!

Well, I did warn you I would try to keep that last part short and sweet, but no promises! Anyway, this is all I have to say on this subject and I feel much better getting this pent up frustration off My chest for what its worth. Yes I know this is not the reality of politics and I am sure it may make many of those who read this post laugh or even anger them in reading it. But, as the right of E/everyone in this country, Free speech and I felt I needed to say My piece. So take out of it as you wish or not. But I feel much better now...and now I can continue to turn off the TV when it comes to any political campaign ads or media coverage as I have been doing for years and simply enjoy My music or other sensible things in its place. One last piece of advice; although the current Presidential candidates both have a lot to desire in their views and they way they carry themselves in front of the world during their shameless campaigns; I ask each of you to think of which of the two "evils" you think would serve this Country of Our's best; and to remind you, that whomever is elected wields great power and needs to be One who will not lose the fact that this power should not be used in a reckless manner!!! Best of luck in your choices!

Gatekeeper
06-03-2016, 11:20 AM
To respond to your post kind Sir, if you read My rant right and between the lines; I dont endorse any of the candidates! All I suggest is they the people of the Country weigh carefully the choice they have. Both have severe faults about them, its a choice of the lesser evil between them. As far in response to your second part of your post; did you actually read My post, indicating I strongly believe the current structure within Our government is broken and seriously flawed!! That was My whole point!! And My reason to post up My unrealistic suggestions; knowing full well that such suggestions will never happen! Only way for change to happen is for the People of this Country to speak Up Loudly and demand change to the current political structure of how things are not and Demand change! So take your bridges and sell them to those who believe that there is nothing wrong with this Country's political ways of doing things, for I am not Buying them! Thanks

thir
06-04-2016, 10:54 AM
Is that seriously now the choice?? Clinton, for sure!

slaveboy 6
06-04-2016, 12:50 PM
Unfortunately, you are correct. The thought of an egomaniac like Trump becoming President is enough to make me vote for Hilary. Another scary thought - Adolph Hitler was elected.

RickBulow74
06-15-2016, 07:58 AM
My vote is for the Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson. In fact, if we have enough people voting third party (whether Libertarian, Green, Constitution, or any other) and they manage enough votes to win a state (Which Johnson might be the best bet at 15% support nationwide) then the election might just be decided in Congress for the first time since (I believe) 1824.

Gatekeeper
06-15-2016, 12:31 PM
Lets just skip this election year?

slaveboy 6
07-11-2016, 12:52 PM
As Rick has suggested, this could a third party candidate's best chance to grab the presidency. The two from the major parties are abysmal choices. Ruth Ginsburg has said jokingly that she'd consider moving to New Zealand if Trump is elected. But each time I seriously consider Hillary, something like sending classified info over her personal email pops up.

I am still cringing.

thir
10-09-2016, 04:28 AM
Once again we seem to be headed towards a choice between the lesser of two evils for president.

Universal problem with politicians.

slaveboy 6
10-09-2016, 11:51 AM
Trump is making an ass of himself, we're probably going to be stuck with Hillary.

slaveboy 6
10-11-2016, 10:07 AM
Reading the paper this morning, there are still a lot of undecideds. Many are looking at third-party candidates.

slaveboy 6
11-12-2016, 01:53 PM
We got trumped! We'll find out if that means we'll get fucked.

gagged_Louise
11-13-2016, 07:48 PM
Trump is a real oddball pick for U.S. president, and this has been a really strange election season throughout. It still feels weird to think that he won. The guy can do all sorts of damage in the next four years, but perhaps there is hope...A professor who predicted that the Donald would win (against most other forecasters) has now made a new prediction: Trump sometimes acts so recklessly that he's likely to become the first U.S. president to actually be removed from office through impeachment. :)

slaveboy 6
12-02-2016, 03:28 PM
that is right....another thing....Adolph Hitler was elected.

slaveboy 6
01-31-2017, 12:32 PM
Does anyone agree with Trump's Executive Order banning Muslims from the country? First of all it is blatantly unconstitutional, to single out a whole group of people because some of that group( Al-Quida, ISIS) are terrorists. Today in the US House Of Representatives, one Congressperson after another, Republican and Democrat, told of individual cases where people were denied entry into the U.S. solely because of country of origin. Some were already citizens.

We should be able to single real threats without stepping on individual rights.