PDA

View Full Version : Sjambok

richardevanslee
02-22-2005, 03:50 AM
Anyone used one of these deadly looking things?

LBoolean
02-22-2005, 04:30 AM
Anyone used one of these deadly looking things?
Would suggest extreme caution with this particular piece, its meant to drive cattle & used in self defence... the punising power os a shambok combines the pain attributes of a cane and a whip... very serious stuff indeed, its even used in Africa to kill snakes & the like.

richardevanslee
02-22-2005, 09:08 AM
The way it weaves and wobbles makes it look very difficult to control. Since we just bought one I thought I'd dig around and see if I could find information about technique.

Thanks.

LBoolean
02-22-2005, 09:16 AM
The way it weaves and wobbles makes it look very difficult to control. Since we just bought one I thought I'd dig around and see if I could find information about technique.

Thanks.

try it out on a pillow, some shoe polish on the tip will give you some indication of where you are hitting.
If you like pain though, you're going to love it for sure.... just start it off slowly, it really is not a walk in the park. I have never used it on a person, but basically for the beginning don't "follow through" on the swing, meaning you (or your Master / Mistress) should stop the swinging motion shortly before hitting the target. Even so, a sjambock can break the skin quite easily.

LB

richardevanslee
02-22-2005, 10:08 AM
We're both fairly new to this and are trying to take care.

Admittedly the sjambok is really for more advanced people but a combination of the demonic look of the thing and my seemingly innate indifference to pain (or rather that felt so far) made us consider trying it.

The pillow and shoe polish sound like a great idea.

Many thanks.

Barton
02-22-2005, 10:11 PM
It is always a good idea to practice using any item before really using it. After all practice makes perfect. :p

And that toy looks like it could get out of control rather easily. :eek:

zadirasub20
10-05-2005, 11:26 PM
my current boyfriend has a sjambok (sp?) and we've played a bit with it but nothing to hard because they can break skin very easily.

they are used for riot gear in parts of africa as well as cattle driving . They are traditionally made from hippo hide but a lot are made of plastics now.

just my $0.02 worth :p

Annie

slavecat
10-06-2005, 09:02 PM
yowch!

thats all i wanted to say :D

Jones, Nikka
10-06-2005, 10:57 PM
I am a painslut and have tried many kinds of whips, but that is not a toy, that is a weapon. It is not meant to give pain, raise welts or bruise, it is made for slicing the skin and tearing flesh. If used the way I fantasize about it, it would not be pleasurable at all.

miss duece
10-08-2005, 07:34 PM
i've actually seen one in action at this little get together. i think you must have a pretty high pain threshold for it. i was eating chicken wings when i heard this swoosh, i don't think i even heard the impact since i was so shocked at the results. it broked the boy's skin in one swing, not the little trickle of blood either. kind of like a gash. he was screaming bloody murder and i instantly lost my appetite. 2 lessons learned: avoid that thing at all costs and never play with someone who never handled one before.