PDA

View Full Version : Sub-drop advice

just_ine
04-24-2016, 02:11 PM
What goes up must come down... but sometimes that 'down' is lower than what we can correct on our own, right?

I was talking to a lovely subbie friend recently and she was trying to navigate her first bad long distance sub drop.

I wondered:

a. How do you know you are in sub drop? What are your own signs to tell you that you are experiencing sub drop?
b. What do you do to manage your sub drop?

In trying to answer b, I mentioned:

Sleep. It is best for me to play at night so I can sleep afterwards as I found that to be the best at achieving balance.

The care and assurances of the One who put me in subspace and the subsequent sub drop. Long distance relationships make it particularly difficult.

Having a care box with an emergency supply of chocolate and keepsakes that are close to your heart.

Please add to the list?

Thanks
just_ine

subjazziebell
05-07-2016, 12:45 AM
Hi just_ine,

I just experienced new first long distance sub drop earlier this week. I knew what it was from reading some of the forums. I was feeling pretty blue and kind of emotionally raw and felt close to tears. I found that talking with my daddy about how I was feeling, having a cup of tea, a warm bath with lavender essential oils, and a nap really helped me manage. I like your idea of an emergency box. Hope this helps.

just_ine
05-07-2016, 10:54 AM
I'm so glad You could recognise the signs from reading on the forums. It is exactly what makes these forums so amazing. Thank you for adding what worked for you.
I was especially interested in using essential oils.
Thanks so much!

Flaming_Redhead
06-22-2016, 05:29 AM
a. I can't recall ever experiencing sub drop. I don't have an emotional condition after intense S&M.

b. I manage the physical symptoms after the endorphin rush with a blanket, something to drink, a snack, and a cigarette.