PDA

View Full Version : Hi

decembre
07-26-2016, 03:03 AM
I just found this place... I believe anyway, while I was on what seems to be a rather endless journey in finding a particular erotic story I read years ago. Sadly I don't remember the name of it, who wrote it, exactly when I read it or where I found it, although I did find one other story here that I read at about the same time, Long legs.

Anyway, seeing as I enjoy reading bdsm stories I figured I'd register and say hi while I try and locate that story once more, I've been trying to write myself but... it never turns out well so I deleted everything I wrote and gave up on that idea.
I either use this name or decemberheart on various sites around the net so, if you see that name anywhere there's a high possibility that it is me (but I suppose it doesn't have to be).

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi.

rosebud
07-26-2016, 03:01 PM
Hello, and Welcome to the Library!

Enjoy!

xx rosie

rosebud
07-26-2016, 03:01 PM
Hello, and Welcome to the Library!

Enjoy!

xx rosie

Solis
07-28-2016, 06:38 AM
Greetings, decembre.

And welcome. There are good folks, as well as good stories, here. I hope you have a chance to reach out to the former and track down the latter.

Writing is intimidating and I'm not sure it ever gets easier. It does, however, get better. I write a lot and have for a couple decades now but I still struggle to sit down and begin. Once I've written, I think "ick." And yet I know I'm better than ever and that my work's well-received.

Here's a suggestion: severely limit yourself. One possible limit: "my story will be 250 words long. Period." Another: "my story will detail the thoughts and sensations in one minute of slave's life." Or: "i will keep my fingers in motion on the keyboard for exactly three minutes - the timer is running! - and then i will stop. Tomorrow, i shall do three minutes more." Then share it with a friend online, knowing that, like a toddling child, it reflects potential more than final development.

Have faith. Do it rather than think about it. Be brave. Share. Grow.

Solis

decembre
07-29-2016, 05:14 AM
Thank you both for the warm welcome.

I think that the main issue with writing is that I am not good at certain parts (well I don't consider myself good at any of the parts), take dialogue for instance - it always feels contrived, I can't depict sexual encounters, I find it incredilby difficult to progress a story and not over doing it on detail or or drowning in the protagonist's thoughts. But I recently thought of something that I want to explore in writing so I might just do that, chop it up into practicing blocks as per your suggestions, write about a minute here and some dialogue there, a chapter of minimal length

Thank you for the words of encouragement Solis.

planter
08-07-2016, 02:36 PM
Hello everyone. I also enjoy reading bdsm stories. I haven't any of my own. But thought I would join and see who I meet or chat with. This is my first post. I still need to find out what this or anyone offers. My name is Tracy.