PDA

View Full Version : Some Qs about homemade self bondage

the_newbie
03-10-2005, 12:50 AM
I'm a tad new to self-bondage here... Hope these Qs dont sound as newbie-ish as i think they do :(

Firstly, I've tried using plastic clothespegs as nipple clamps, but when removed after even a short period (15 minutes or so), they leave an imprint of their grooves on the nipple and the nipple looks quite flattened. Is this normal or should i try a different type of pegs? Also the nipples dont turn hard, numb and supersensitive as i have read about, rather the longer the pegs stay on, the hotter and more painful the nipples feel. Or do they take a long time (more than an hour) to achieve that effect?

Secondly, is leaving ice inside the cunt dangerous is any way? I tend to have bad circulation in extremeties, don't want to end up it being frostbitten or something :eek:

Thirdly, is there any sort of rope that i should avoid as crotch rope, that might inflame the skin upon rubbing (assuming that i don't have any special allergies)?

4thly, if i buy a rubber ball in the supermarket and use the crafts corner idea by stuffing it in a sock and tying the sock around my head, do i still need to look for a non-toxic ball? Since my mouth will only be coming in contact with the sock and not the ball directly.

Also, how do u clean the ropes used as crotch ropes later? Is disinfectant + water okay?

truckinnhorsin
03-10-2005, 05:40 AM
I'm a tad new to self-bondage here... Hope these Qs dont sound as newbie-ish as i think they do :(

don't worry about that! quite a few good questions, i'm looking forward to see some other responses to these.

Firstly, I've tried using plastic clothespegs as nipple clamps,

I love clothespegs. Yes, they leave that groove, it'll go away as the skin expands... kind of like if you lay on a textured rug, and when you get up, you have the texture embedded in your skin... and yes theres intense burning and such when you take them off, thats the blood returning to the area. As far as numbness.. i've never felt numbness involving clothespins? Generally, for me anyways, the pain just grows the longer htey're on, especially if i tug on them. Maybe the numbness is a prolonged thing, but i think i'd be worried if it got to that point- that would mean your totally cutting off circulation.

Secondly, is leaving ice inside the cunt dangerous is any way?

I've never heard of problems with ice, after all, they're not in the EXTREMS of cold, your freezer wont get them that cold. And secondly, you're body heat will start them melting as soon as you put them in, so i dont see how you should have problems with frostbite. And i've never seen any warnings about using ice for any other reason... and theres lots of ice discussions on here :-D ;)

Thirdly, is there any sort of rope that i should avoid as crotch rope,

no idea onthis oen! good question. -waits to see answer- :)

Do i still need to look for a non-toxic ball?

I would, the sock is not so tightly woven that it will keep the ball sealed off from you... and just to be safe, i'd make sure it is. But.. i've never tried it, so i might be wrong.

Also, how do u clean the ropes used as crotch ropes later?

again, no idea. Haven't played with rope yet.

Good luck! and have fun :-D
Teni

Barton
03-10-2005, 08:03 AM
Use a white cotton rope for use in the crotch. It can be washed in the laundry after play. Avoid hemp or rough nylon rope. White cotton rope can be found in most adult stores.
Ice should not be a problem, however I do not use more than one cube in each offrice at a time. It also helps if you leave the ice out for a few minutes before insertion, it will not stick to the skin that way.
I think that wooden clothes pins work the best. But you should'nt leave them on for more than 15 minutes at a time.
Lastly, yes, you need to find a non-toxic ball. Your saliva will still be in contact with it.
Play safe, have fun!

the_newbie
03-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Thanks, guys :)

Whoa, 15 mins? All those stories about wearing them for hours must be pretty fake then :eek:

About crotch rope: How about the kind that is smooth, made out of interwoven vinyl/plastic fibres? Seems easier to clean.

Barton
03-11-2005, 09:15 AM
I use a cotton rope for a crotch rope. It is a little less severe on those sensitive areas. And yes, wearing pins for hours can cause soft tissue damage.
Remember, safe is an important part of all play.

Pandora's Box
03-11-2005, 10:30 AM
Thanks, guys :)

Whoa, 15 mins? All those stories about wearing them for hours must be pretty fake then :eek:

For those that practice safe BDSM, yes. Fantasy makes up a large portion of bdsm, but one should always make it a point to recognize what is fantasy and what is reality. Just because it gets you off in your mind, doesn't mean it is something you can or should do.

Some people will push themselves to go longer than the 15-30 minutes but they shouldn't. It's a matter of blood flow. Tissue death can occur after 30 minutes of no circulation. You're better off going 15 minutes, resting a few minutes and reapplying the clips/clamps. (You get a little more bang for your buck anyway with that method. Trust me. ;) )

BDSM_Tourguide
03-11-2005, 03:47 PM

Firstly, I've tried using plastic clothespegs as nipple clamps, but when removed after even a short period (15 minutes or so), they leave an imprint of their grooves on the nipple and the nipple looks quite flattened. Is this normal or should i try a different type of pegs? Also the nipples dont turn hard, numb and supersensitive as i have read about, rather the longer the pegs stay on, the hotter and more painful the nipples feel. Or do they take a long time (more than an hour) to achieve that effect?

The most important thing to remember is that everyone's experiences are different. What one person feels, or even a certain group of people feel, when they put clothespins on their nipples may not be the same thing you feel.

Your nipple is going to get flattened, because it's being squeezed by a hard plastic object. You should try different kinds of pegs, just to see which ones you like the best.

For circulation concerns, it's probably best if you don't leave pegs on for longer then 20 minutes at a time until you figure out how they affect you. It's usually not a good idea to leave pegs on for more than an hour.

Secondly, is leaving ice inside the cunt dangerous is any way? I tend to have bad circulation in extremeties, don't want to end up it being frostbitten or something :eek:

Like truckinnhorsin said, problems rarely occur with ice in the vagina or rectum. Body heat does begin to melt the ice as soon as it's inserted. Unless you are continuously replenishing the ice inside you and not letting your body heat up, then you shouldn't have any concerns.

Thirdly, is there any sort of rope that i should avoid as crotch rope, that might inflame the skin upon rubbing (assuming that i don't have any special allergies)?

The type of activities and the level of comfort of a rope-user’s partner are the main two determining factors in selecting rope to use in bondage. If a user wants his partner to be completely comfortable and if he wants a rope that is easily pliable and easy to tie into knots, he might want to go with the standard 3/8” or ½” nylon rope. For bondage purposes, this rope is the easiest and most frequently used by beginners and by users that want an easy to use rope with which to work.

However, if a user wants to create some discomfort for his partner while she is bound, then there are many options available to him. Hemp or fiber rope is widely available, fairly easy to work and has a scratchy feeling that can change any crotch-rope or breast bondage from mildly annoying to downright irritating. Also, stiffer polymer ropes, like polypropylene rope, are available, but are not very easy to work into knots or more intricate forms of bondage. Polymer ropes are usually best used for securing a movable object to a fixed object. For instance, securing a D-ring in a collar to an eye-bolt screwed into the floor. However, some work will probably be required before the polymer rope can be used even for this activity.

4thly, if i buy a rubber ball in the supermarket and use the crafts corner idea by stuffing it in a sock and tying the sock around my head, do i still need to look for a non-toxic ball? Since my mouth will only be coming in contact with the sock and not the ball directly.

You should definitely always buy a non-toxic ball. What if you bite down hard? What if your saliva soaks into the sock? Why take chances?

Also, how do u clean the ropes used as crotch ropes later? Is disinfectant + water okay?

Really, there are very few reasons to wash rope. Not much that a user can do to rope, aside from burning it or cutting it, will limit its functionality very much. However, there are a few instances where icky stuff might come into contact with the rope and the rope will need to be washed.

Washing rope again depends mostly on the type of rope to be washed. When washing synthetic rope, use regular soap and water and wash the dirty area only. Dry briefly with a cloth or towel and then let air dry. If the rope has become thoroughly soiled (during urine play, for example), then the synthetic rope can either be washed in the method described in this paragraph or it can be replaced.

Synthetic ropes tend to be a little stubborn when it comes to washing. They don't like concentrated soaps, like dish soap, very much and they do not stand up to solvents at all. Handwashing is always the best option for sythetic ropes. If certain, unpleasant materials (like feces) have soiled the rope, then handwashing the affected area and then applying an antibacterial agent, like Lysol spray, is the best way to clean and disinfect the rope.

Once synthetic rope has become overly dirty, though, the best thing to do is replace it with newer rope.

Natural fiber ropes are a different matter altogether, though. Natural fiber ropes, especially hemp, stands up very well in the washing machine. Don't put the rope, loose, in the machine, however, as it will likely wrap itself around the agitater and burn out the motor. Use a lingerie or hosiery bag and throw excessively dirty natural fiber ropes in with a load of laundry. Once the wash cycle is complete, air dry the rope by laying it out, straight, on the floor or by draping it over a clothesline. The latter method, however, might attract interesting and unwanted querstions from the neighbors.

If a natural fiber rope is not overly soiled, then the same techniques may be used to wash them as used for synthetic rope. Again, do not use concentrated soaps, as the soap residues tend to become imbedded in the rope, do not rinse properly and make the rope stiff and "crispy."