PDA

View Full Version : Personal Photography Thread Too Long?

BDSM_Tourguide
03-12-2005, 02:26 AM
The personal photography thread is now approaching 80 pages in length. This is our longest, most replied, and most viewed thread.

However, is 80 pages too long? I propose that we consider closing the current personal photography thread and opening a new thread in the Picture Threads Forum. I am not proposing deleting the old thread, just closing it to further replies, and having all new pictures and comments made in the new thread.

What do you think?

fetish101
03-12-2005, 03:12 AM
sounds good to me. In fact, splitting the current one into 4 or 5 threads would not be a bad idea in my opinion either...makes for easier surfing and finding of a favorite pic...

Jadetiger
03-12-2005, 04:49 AM
I like being able to go to one thread and view the personal pictures. I also keep a word document noting what page and entry # my favorite pictures are on. I wish I had done this when I first started reading the forum. There is so much interesting and helpful information here.

Darkgirl
03-12-2005, 05:30 AM
Would be a good Idea for a split. I know it took me a long time to read up on that thread before getting caught out on it by SIR. :D

Barton
03-12-2005, 08:47 AM
A great idea TG.

Finding_Fantasy
03-12-2005, 11:47 AM
I don't think that we would need to split the current one, but perhaps just makes sure that the new one (if that is how the vote goes) doesn't get past a ceratin length.

robbermagnet
03-12-2005, 01:47 PM
The personal photography thread is now approaching 80 pages in length. This is our longest, most replied, and most viewed thread.

However, is 80 pages too long?

Too long for what? I'm not sure I understand the advantage of closing the thread.

Robbermagnet

Mobius
03-12-2005, 01:53 PM
instead of closing it what about editing it to delete the endless prases and coments. So we just have the pictures. that will drop it from 80 pages probly down to 3

Mobius :)

BDSM_Tourguide
03-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Too long for what? I'm not sure I understand the advantage of closing the thread.

Robbermagnet

Too long to navigate effectively or efficiently. The primary benefit to closint the thread, that I can see, is the old pictures will still be archived there for anyone's viewing, but the newer pictures will be more easily accessible.

BDSM_Tourguide
03-12-2005, 02:18 PM
instead of closing it what about editing it to delete the endless prases and coments. So we just have the pictures. that will drop it from 80 pages probly down to 3

Mobius :)

Now Moby. You know we can't just start deleting peoples' posts. The paranoid masses will start screaming about censorship again, and none of us wants that.

craftygirl
03-12-2005, 03:02 PM
And honestly, the praise is part of what inspires folks to post more.

That being said, I think it would be a good idea to lock the current thread and just start a new one, so those who want to catch up at the old one could, and those who just want to see the new stuff, could do that too.

$.02

crafty

The Trainer
03-12-2005, 04:11 PM
I'm with you on this one.Start a new thread for the pictures,but archive the old ones for reference.Keep up the great work.

The Trainer

Ruby
03-12-2005, 04:19 PM
If you close and still make accessable, that's cool.

Might want to think about doing this on a yearly basis anyway.

This would be a new thread for 2005 and it could start on Jan 1, 2005, so the most recent stuff would still be there for the commenting.

For folks like me, who have marked our favorite photos, please don't chop the other thread into little bits. It will kill all my bookmarks.

Wontworry
03-12-2005, 05:24 PM
Good idea, but only if the existing one stays available and accessible.

slavelucy
03-12-2005, 09:36 PM
i voted to start a new one. It's just like a photo album, they're great, but one wouldn't want ALL their photo's in it, it'd be too long. And, just like a photo album, we can still all go and look at it any time we want.

sl

learningtopleez
03-13-2005, 12:47 AM
What Lucy said! Great idea TG!

mr addams
03-13-2005, 01:25 AM
other forums Im on use a 100 page rule

once it hits 100 pages long its locked and a new one is open

although...for a pictured thread 80 pages is a bit to much

wannabeXopsed
03-13-2005, 08:08 AM
Well, I'm not an expert but if that is what keeps this the premier forum going and this thread, then I am all for it. Just don't loose all the archives.

I actually went back to look at some of the older post and it took me all night.

I hadn't even thought of bookmarking my favorites, daaa, so maybe i should bookmark the whole thread. LOL

T

Microwave0ven
03-13-2005, 11:06 PM
hm, another idea could be when it hits 100 pages, lock, then start two new threads.

1 thread for pictures only
2nd thread for comments

that way you don't lose both sides of it...

Jai
03-14-2005, 06:24 AM
I'm all for the idea of starting a new thread and splitting the old one into sections too.

Even 80 pages is a big amount and a very long time to scroll through!!

Rather than a 100 page limit maybe something more like 50 or 60. I can't see a reason why we can't have personal photograpghy vol.1, vol.2, vol.3 etc. or maybe even date them, for instance: personal photography Jan2001 - Apr2002. That way at least you know how far back in time you are going. Just a thought.

Smaller bitesize chunks. That's what I say

Finding_Fantasy
03-14-2005, 10:30 AM
hm, another idea could be when it hits 100 pages, lock, then start two new threads.

2nd thread for comments

Having two threads like that would make it just as difficult - or even more so. It is a lot easier to have it in one thread so that that masses might have a better idea as to which picture you are referring to.

slavelucy
03-14-2005, 11:25 AM

2nd thread for comments

We tried that once for the fave pics thread, it totally didn't work, i don't think people had much idea who was referring to what and it just died a death (and people just continued to comment on them in the actual thread, i guess it just feels more natural or something).

sl

mr addams
03-14-2005, 02:02 PM
you know its only 30 pages long if you view it at 50 posts per page,

if your on broadband its a peice of piss to scroll through it quickly looking for the pic you want.....

Barton
03-15-2005, 03:36 PM
One thread is all that is needed.

funtime37
03-16-2005, 09:40 AM
i voted not to close it but after reading everone's comments i changed my mind i think that it the orig. thread was closed but still under the same heading that would be good because for me i don't often go back and read old posts. and that would make it easy not to have to scroll thru so many pages.