PDA

View Full Version : Owned Teacher "revised:

lex ludite
04-13-2003, 10:07 AM
I have a major problem with the way Owned Teacher revised by slavenick has been posted. There is no mention whether slavenick got Thumb's permission for this boldfaced highjackijng of Thumb's in-progress work, and I am sure I know the reason for that little oversight. What's next, Parker revised by notalent? Perhaps I can revise the works of DeSade and become a world famous author as well.

West Coast Sub
04-13-2003, 12:41 PM
I agree. This is totally messed up. Write your own classic.

Tiger
04-14-2003, 09:10 PM
The story is removed. And I hope Thumb will accept my apology.

emmaadmirer
04-23-2003, 02:58 PM
In my story I followed Emma no Knicker's ideas and a name from one of her stories for my main character.
I mailed to her but didn't get an answer. Is this a problem?:o

lex ludite
04-23-2003, 06:27 PM
I think that you did all you could in this situation. What you are describing is nothing compared to what slavenick did.

S_Couture
04-24-2003, 09:56 AM
I mailed to her but didn't get an answer. Is this a problem? :o

Nothing a good spanking couldn't fix.

Taoman
08-25-2003, 02:58 AM
I just picked up on this thread. It has been several years, but way back when Thumb was first posting OWNED TEACHER on the asst. sex newsgoup he attached a authors comment on the last couple chapters that stated he was very ill. That the story was never fully completed I have always wondered about Thumb's health.
The work is a classic. I have always thought (if Thumb is no longer able) that it would be great if a competant author could finish this.

Curtis
10-18-2003, 12:10 PM
Hmm. That's like people who write new James Bond or new Sherlock Holmes stories. They may be good, but they're rarely the same. Maybe it would be better to write an "inspired by" story?

Edm_friend
11-11-2007, 11:34 AM
I saw a post in 2006 claiming Thumb was back..... shame after 6 or so yrs he never finished. I too saw him stating about his health. Shame if he lost his health balance.

RiverOtter
12-01-2007, 04:10 PM
I have to say, it's very frustrating when an author is unable to finish their story! Frank Herbert's "Dune" saga was finally completed recently by his son and a co author after they found his original notes and outlines; fans had to wait a couple decades after his death to see it finished.

Robert Jordan recently passed away after publishing an 11 book fantasy saga with only one installment left to go--not surprisingly, his fans exprienced no small amount of anguish (I believe he made arrangements to have it finished while his health was failing).

With anonymous internet stories, you just never know. I want to know how "A slave for Tracy" ends but probably never will. I don't post stories I haven't finished (which is why I've only posted one :P).

I didn't mind when some fans held a contest to see who could best finish John Willie's "The Magic Island," as they made it clear what they were doing and made sure to pay tribute to the late author.

On the other hand, when a writer takes it upon themselves to write sequels to "Gone With the Wind" or "The Godfather," and publishes for profit, I dunno; it seems very pretentious.

If somebody were to come up and say "Hey, I loved that story, but I can't contact the author; this is how I would finish it, and I'll remove it if they ask" and makes that clear in the story intro, would it be acceptable? Just curious.

Ozme52
12-01-2007, 05:23 PM
What's your opinion of 'Common Universes'

Places that have been franchised out for interested authors to continue writing in, (e.g., Niven's Known Universe, specifically Kzinti stories, and Laumer's Bolo stories,) or universes specifically created to be shared by authors like Robert Aspirin's Thieve's World.

Obviously Star Trek and Star Wars are obvious examples of the same thing.

I wonder what it would take to create something like this for our little kink.

nakdsub
01-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Owned Teacher was the first story I read on this site and I absolutely loved it. I don't think I've read any quite as good since. I can't wait for Thumb to write more.

TOXIS
11-14-2008, 09:00 PM
I don't know his status now but thumb suffered from severe cardiopathy. Last I heard, he had moved south for his health. He started a new story here and was very assertive that he would finish his story - not a volunteer, however well intentioned. The story does deserve a strong ending.

rocco
06-20-2010, 07:38 AM
yes i read that story too, and loved it! i know she ended up with the security guy, who was supposed to help her. but it would be nice if he "disapeared" and the student carried on her torment!
as im new to this site, is there any news on the author? or the story?

John Tagliaferro
11-25-2010, 06:49 AM
I recently read "Owned Teacher" here. It is a fantastic story and the review I left says as much. Best wishes to Thumb.

Miss Irene Clearmont
03-11-2011, 09:14 AM
"Owned Teacher" is one of the two stories that got me writing. (Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the other! Bloody typical!) I re-read it recently to see if it was as good as I remembered and I reckon it is still up there as one of my favorites. I am certainly sorry to hear that the author was or is ill. Hope he recovers.

Mrs. Mary Clark sat at her desk checking the senior English compositions her class had turned in today.

I am sure that before her enslavement Mrs. Mary Clark would have disapproved of plagiarism !

Irene

Epicfetus
08-12-2014, 07:16 PM
But thumb was not the original aurther of the first chapter. I first came across the orignal on a lesbien story site in the mid to late nighties. Notice the differnt writing style to the rest of the story and how the shopping items that Mary buys in the supermarket are forgotten about when thumb takes over.

I really enjoyed where Thumb takes the story but I do feel sorry for Tiger who was seemingly took a lot of flack back in the day for doing essentially the same thing as thumb did.