PDA

View Full Version : Thumb

conchobor
04-15-2003, 08:57 AM
As OT was written, I had contact with Thumb. I gave him lots of ideas and I have to admit that he rarely used them. I know him to be highly protective of his story and his characters. He suffers from severe cardiac distress that exhausts him and leaves him able to function only at a marginal level. You should not think that he has abandoned his story. In this sense, Couture is absolutely correct, and while I commend slavenick for the initiative, he needs to try to get approval. (From my experience, good luck at that!)

Despite the foregoing, I have not heard from Thumb in some time and it is unclear that he has survived his illness. He was always promising to write or saying that he had but the work was not good. There has been silence from his end for some time (and frankly, I fell out of touch too).

Many will recall that Scorpion kept the story alive with regular reposts on ASS in multiple formats. I just emailed him to see if he has any leads and let him know what's happening. slavenick might want to consider forwarding his story to Scorpion for submission to Thumb.

Over the years, I have written many stories. I have collaborated with a number of excellent writers, often taking no credit because the characters first were theirs' and I had great fun in playing with their creation but with permission. Frankly, I read the new chapters and thought them to be one of a number of legitmate possible plot lines. Let's see what Thumb thinks.

By the way, thanks to Couture for Denying Denise and Amazondot.cum, each of which tips a makeover hat to poor Mary.

Tiger
04-15-2003, 11:46 AM
Thank you for sharing that with us. I didn't get reply from Thumb either. But that was only yesterday, so it's still early to say I won't get reply :) I just hope he will recover soon and feed us hungry readers with new updates.