PDA

View Full Version : Nipple Piercings

BruceBoxer
04-23-2003, 09:28 AM
Good morning folks,
My sub wants her nipple pierced and I'm all for it. I've been reading though that recovery is 2-6 months--long time. Anybody had good/bad experiences?
Cheers,
Boxer

BDSM_Tourguide
04-23-2003, 02:54 PM
Haven't done it, won't do it, not interested in it.

emmaadmirer
04-23-2003, 03:01 PM
Me, too. Ouch!!!

redEva
04-27-2003, 08:50 AM
Done it, loved it, but….
Healing time is really long, again it depends on how person heals in general; I don’t. As with any other body art – make sure more than few people recommends the parlor. Piercing it self, hurts – but not impossible (this is BDSM forum after all – no?). There is barely any blood. Nipples look gorgeous with rings (only my personal opinion here – hehe). Recommendation is not to wear the bra – it will put the unwanted pressure on the wound. If the breast is of a size that needs support – get a bra and cut out the holes big enough for nipple to get through. Nipples will be sensitive for a while, and there is ABSOLUTELY NO NIPPLE PLAY ALOUD till it completely heals.
In conclusion – would I recommend it? HELL YES!
Any other questions – you or your sub could have – you know where to find me :cool:

Sincerely

red

knotz2u
04-27-2003, 10:05 AM
My wife had both pierced. Healing time was not all that long, but required a lot of cleaning and care. RedEva is right about no playing until completely healed. She claimed that it didn't hurt at all. Her nipples are now on high-beam all of the time. Trust me, we both enjoy them very much

BDSM_Tourguide
04-27-2003, 10:42 AM
I gotta disagree with you, Eva, but I think piercings, aside from the classics like ears and nose, look pretty tacky and fadish.

I'll actually be glad when people begin having more brains in their heads again than metal. I say, pick up a book and leave the needle behind.

redEva
04-27-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by BDSM_Tourguide
I gotta disagree with you, Eva, but I think piercings, aside from the classics like ears and nose, look pretty tacky and fadish.

I'll actually be glad when people begin having more brains in their heads again than metal. I say, pick up a book and leave the needle behind.

Some smart person said long time ago that: “preferences are not for discussion” or to each his own.
I did state:

Originaly posted by redEva
Nipples look gorgeous with rings (only my personal opinion here – hehe).
And, quite honestly I too prefer people that have more brain than metal in their head, but just like I don’t discriminate against color, nationality or religion I do not have problem with people that use they body as canvas for art of any kind. Body adorations are as old as human society, and if you personally don’t find it appealing that is fine, but do not put down those that do.

redEva
04-27-2003, 01:26 PM
Beautiful - is it not?

redEva
04-27-2003, 01:30 PM
and a close-up ;)

redEva
04-27-2003, 01:32 PM
and a bit of extreme - but well it is not close to brain

BDSM_Tourguide
04-27-2003, 02:37 PM
You stated your opinion, I restated mine. I, personally, don't care for nipple, clit, vaginal, labia, eyebrow, la brae, cock, ball, navel, or other various forms of piercing. I think people use them far too much as a way to gain attention these days. I also don't care for piercing the ears more than twice each. I don't mind the nose so much, especially hoops, because they serve a functionality.

I'm not putting anyone down for their preferences and I really don't care if you or anyone else on this forum has piercings, as I will never see them myself. What I am saying is that I, myself, do not care for them, won't have them, won't ask my submissive(s) to have them, nor shall I likely change my opinion based upon popular cultures' view of things.

As for the pictures you posted, I liked the tattoos, but the breast implants and multiple piercings I find equally vile. I find things done out of vanity and shock value to be of poor taste. Not that I mind make-up, shampoo or that sort of thing, but to spend $10,000 or more just to make your tits bigger boggles my mind. There are so many other things I would rather spend that sort of cash on, like sending my baby to college.

Curtis
04-28-2003, 10:41 PM
Great pictures from redEva (particularly the second!)!

To get back to Bruce Boxer's question, healing time can vary a LOT in piercing, depending on how fast the sub usually heals from other things, whether or not there's an infection (which could set you back a month or more, or convince you to let the piercing close up and try again later), the location being pierced (nipples tend to take longer than labia, for instance), the time, temperature and what's on television that night. In other words, the first time a sub gets pierced, there's really no way of knowing how long the healing will take. For nipples, a rule of thumb would be half again to twice as long as it took her earlobes to heal when she had them pierced.

Two things that can (somewhat) speed the healing process are: regular applications of Neosporin to the site (unless she's allergic to it, which is possible), and; keeping the site covered. Some people think that letting a wound "breath" speeds healing. Specifically for nipple piercings, this is not the case. The most important considerations are to keep the wound clean (preventing infection) and to prevent irritating friction (which would seem to mean keeping her away from BDSM Tourguide!). I know, irritating friction is one of the main reasons for infibulating, but not until the healing is complete, please.

There is an enormous amount of literature available on this subject, Mr. Boxer. It shouldn't be at all hard to find enough to thoroughly confuse you.

knotz2u
05-01-2003, 10:20 AM
Piercing may not be for you, I don't have one myself either. My wife really enjoys hers (more than just nips by the way). When she enjoys something, so do I. She says that they have become much more sensitive, so the plus is so much more than the minus. There is still constant cleaning (but that can be more of a plus come to think of it). Besides, if you don't want them anymore, just take them out.

By the way, great pictures Eva

redEva
05-01-2003, 05:42 PM
Happy to see most people enjoyed pictures - so here is another one :).

Curtis
05-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Okay, now I want to know what that metal thing to the LEFT of the labia is!

redEva
05-02-2003, 06:41 AM
Not metal, Curtis, rubber outfit (or the leftover of it hehe).

knotz2u
05-02-2003, 04:06 PM
Thanks for your pic

kittenfemme
05-03-2003, 05:00 PM
Oh my! I find these are so very lovely! I've no body piercings myself (several tattoos) but one of my submissives had her nipples pierced. Waiting for them to heal is incredibly frustrating! After all, they're beautiful and I wanted to do all sorts of horrible things. Hers took nearly 3 1/2 months of healing time until she reached the point where I could really abuse them.

My Mistress, on the other hand, has many piercings. She told me the vertical stud through her hood took almost six months! That's six months without clitoral stimulation! I'm glad she I wasn't under contract with her at the time. I would have gone insane not being able to eat her properly. :D

Mobius
06-07-2003, 05:50 AM
How do you go through a metal detector at the airport.
Could be an interesting theam for a story.

Can you say humiliated

BruceBoxer
06-07-2003, 07:41 AM
Hot as I think pierced nipples are, following comments here and mucho research, I opted not to have her done. She was just too scared and I thought allowing an honorable escape to be the best strategic move. Of course, the nipples have paid a heavy price being subjected to various torments. Perhaps she may change her mind someday and relish the repite while the piercings heal.

Mobius
06-16-2003, 02:06 PM
Nice set of 44d's will do nicely

kittenfemme
06-20-2003, 07:16 AM
A boob job? Nah, I like my subs au natural as far as that's concerned. Though if someone does opt for mammoplasty I recommend saline pouch insertion from below the breast. Forget that carving the nipple out thing. Though there are happy exceptions, it has reduced sensitivity to almost everyone I know who has done it, and I know quite a few from spending time in various forms of sex work.

Nipple piercing seems to have a much higher success rate in my experience. And they're just so damn sexy, fun, and useful! Ever bell your sub's piercings? Far too much fun! Of course, you could always just use these tweezer style nipple clamp bells (http://sub-shop.com/CatImages/1691b.jpg). *smirk*

Mobius
06-21-2003, 05:45 PM
what about the belly button way I heard about or through the armpits

Spitman
04-03-2004, 09:57 AM
Wonderful pictures, RedEva. I've never seen anything quite as beautiful as that butterfly image, and the first picture is of someone I would like to know very well indeed! What a fantastic figure.

Pierced nipples have always been a big turnon for me. One of the most erotic images I remember was a girl pulling a little chain to and fro through her nipple piercing. I am also very keen on the triangle piercing, although the example in your fourth picture did not look particularly well sited. I preferred the one in your first picture. I like them high and deep.

Nipple rings offer all kings of erotic possibilities. Have you tried attaching a helium balloon, the kind they give to kids in shopping malls? The peculiar feel of the nipple being pulled upwards is, I am told, quite special. Lying down with two or three helium balloons attached to a triangle piercing can be interesting too!

Attaching inflexible cords is not something I would recommend, because an accidental jerk could result in injury, which is why I prefer elastic cords. As long as the ring is not too thin.

There are antibiotic ointments that can speed up healing, such as Cicatrin, but another poster has pointed out that individuals may have an allergic reaction to particular ointments. The lucky ones are not allergic to the metal!

There is a kind of silicon elastomer used to make drive belts for small motors. It is thin (like spaghetti) but flexible and very strong, and comes in lengths that you can cut to size. You make it into a strong loop by welding the ends using a kind of hot knife, but it insulates so the whole loop doesn't get hot. You can make transparent coloured nipple loops that cannot be removed without cutting the loop, because the material is far too strong to break manually. That stuff is designed for motor driven belts that run for thousands of hours! You could thread it through a series of piercings and then weld the ends together very quickly and easily. Aesthetically I think it would look great at a party.

But apart from the technical side, nipple piercings really float my boat!

lola
04-03-2004, 11:40 AM
Okay, now I want to know what that metal thing to the LEFT of the labia is!

Crotchless latex or some similar undies? I liked the butterfly too but, I think it's one of those things that I prefer to admire from a far. I don't know if I'd want to haul that much extra metal around with me.

I've been thinking about getting my nipples pierced for a long time but since my nipples are such a huge part of my sex life, I've been reticent about them being out of commission for months. Someone recently suggesting having them done one at a time and letting them heal in between, I don't know why I didn't think of that before.

Are there any lactating women out there with pierced nipples?

Curtis
04-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Yes there are, though I'm not one of them. My understanding is that lactating after you've healed from piercing USUALLY isn't a problem (depending on number, size and placement of holes and peculiarites of individual internal anatomy).

Piercing after lactating I BELIEVE requires the woman to 'dry off' the breast involved and remain dry until the piercing(s) have healed, after which you're in the same situation as in the first paragraph.

If you're one of the few idiots who uses a leather punch to create your holes, your chances of successfully lactating afterwards drop dramatically.

redEva may be along shortly to correct or expand on this post.

redEva
04-03-2004, 05:00 PM
LOL … well Curtis, since you invited me so nicely, I simply could not resist, but… well you covered it all – and I totally agree with all that you said (including the comment on the leather punch *ouch*).

In all the related literature only concerns I found was a comment about how desirable it would be to remove jewellery before breastfeeding since it could a) prevent proper latching of baby and b) in case it comes loose it could cause chocking. Obviously this is not a concern if we are talking about adult breastfeeding relationship. Another comment I came across was that some pierced women found that the milk is actually flowing easier and faster through the punctured holes (I have to say I am a bit unconvinced as far this fact is concerned due to the physiology of the nipple and the milk ducts…)

Only more one thing I would like to add (and I already wrote much more than I intended lol) is that one should consider the fact that any piercing, even if completely healed, once it does not support jewellery any more will close. If you are planning on having baby any time soon (and that is relative since the piercing needs anywhere up to 6 months to heal properly) consider that you will breastfeed on average every 2 hours through-out the 24 hour period, for at least first 4 months and than, depending on what your preference is – could keep lactating for next few years. Are you that intent on putting the barbell/ring in-and-out 10 times a day?

albear
04-03-2004, 05:20 PM
when i got my nipples pierced, i was told i'd have to heal them up for breastfeeding, and it makes sense. i've had one of the piercings for a year and a half, the other for three weeks. even now, if i knock the first piercing, it will produce crusties over the next few days to heal itself back up. i don't think thats fair to a bub whos just trying to eat :p

in terms of getting the piercing, do it one at a time, so you're not out of comission completely. that said, my nipples are much more sensitive now than they were (not that thats a bad thing!) and therefore can't handle as much :(

lynangel
04-04-2004, 12:39 PM
I had both done at the same time. It was a major turn on for both myself and hubby but I had nothing but trouble with them from the start and after two years took them out.

I found that for a couple of weeks they would be fine...then I would have two or three weeks of agony and soreness. Then they would heal again and the cycle continued.

I finally gave up, even though it pained me to do so, and took them out.

Whilst they were in an 'ok' period I found the nipples to be ultrasensitive which was brilliant but couldn't stand the other times when I would freeze as soon as hubby came near me!

I would really love to try again. Maybe this time I will go for the one at a time theory.

As with everything else, piercing is a personal preference. I for one can't stand faces full of metal but find nipple piercing highly erotic....*shrug*. Each to his/her own!

albear
04-05-2004, 03:41 AM
maybe try getting them pierced a little shallower. as long as you're not going to hang heavy stuff off them, they won't migrate or rip, but tend to heal a bit better. also, i found with all piercings that soaking them in sea salts helps to heal (trust me, this is hard to do with a nose piercing! :rolleyes: )

i haven't really had any probs with my piercings....but everyone heals differently ;)

reverie35
04-18-2004, 05:35 AM
I have always liked the drawn image of a nipple rod, a device that pierces both nipples with a single rod and provides a central ring for locking and control. After years of searching I may have found a picutre of such a device- installed.

albear
04-18-2004, 05:59 AM
yipes, ow and ouchie!

imagine how much the rod would hurt when pulled or moved.

myri_SN
06-14-2004, 07:58 AM
Good morning folks,
My sub wants her nipple pierced and I'm all for it. I've been reading though that recovery is 2-6 months--long time. Anybody had good/bad experiences?
Cheers,
Boxer
thinking about having mine pierced to but the healing keeps puttign me off. had hood done though :o in th meantime put a big ring in there though :D

loonytunes
06-15-2004, 12:21 AM
A word of warning, about a year ago my wife had both her nipples pierced, her right one healed fine and was quite comfortable but her left one was extremely painful and she just couldnt settle with it at all, i told her that the pain she was getting was not worth it and asked her to take them out, ever since her left breast has never been quite the same and she sometimes finds it uncomfortable to have too much attention to that nipple, we think that maybe when it was done the piercer hit a nerve or something, cus the pain went from her nipple right along the side of her boob, its not too bad now but it was not a good experience for her, so others advise in here is very wise, about finding people who have had personal experience of a particular piercer, not just as we did and think, "oh that place looks nice and modern and clean", there is a parlour near us that looks like crap, but since then we discovered that they are absolutely superb at what they do, oh well, just thought i would ask from people in the know, is it possible to "hit a nerve" as we thought??

Dslave
06-24-2004, 08:20 PM
I have had both nipples pierced but unfortunately my body rejected them. It is rare but it does happen. They took a long time to heal and I thought they were infected but I couldn't see how because I took incredible care of them. I went to the piercer and what was happening was that they were migrating (yes, moving out) because my body rejected them. I wish it didn't but it did. I miss them. They were fun while they lasted.

esclava
06-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Funny, I haven't peeked in here for a while and end up seeing two nipple piercing topics at the same time. Small world or something.

My Master had my nips pierced 2-1/2 years ago. We knew they'd be used hard, so he had the piercer set them deep, right at the line where they grow "upright" from the areola. The piercer used a curved needle to set them even deeper. They healed well and easily, and I could tolerate minor tugging on them within about 6 weeks. I can hold 2 ounce weights on them now. Frequent "use" seems to promote better/stronger healing. Once in a while they get irritated. When that happens I go back to my initial surgical steel jewelry, do daily sea salt soaks, and apply a drop or two of lavender oil in vitamin E to the jewelry and work it through the piercing. That soothes and helps them to heal again.

I love these piercings! I have labia and hood piercings too, but I think these are my favorites (maybe cuz I can see them without contortions). Master enjoys them very much, too. They're not the easiest in terms of healing (my hood was fine in less than a month), but I think they're pretty and fun to play with. If anything, my nips got MORE sensitive (mixed blessing there). Be sure to research your piercer thoroughly. Find someone with experience and (even better) positive recommendations.

I wanted to add, I was a total ninny about the intiial piercing. Master allowed me to safeword out of it twice before he kind of tricked me into it. We went to the piercer to have my hood jewelry changed and he gave me that "look." He said I could just have one pierced, and remove it in a month if I really was unhappy. I had the second one done two weeks later, AND the piercer allowed Master to do the actual piercing. What a rush!

Duetta
09-20-2004, 11:32 AM
I've been considering getting my nipples pierced for quite some time now.
What I would like to wear after the actual piercing are the rings that surround the nipple with a barbell going through. Hope I'm explaining this well, don't know the actual word for this kind of nipple ring. I love how this kind of ring looks...

Anyways, this rises a couple of questions. My nipples are on the smaller side, so how is this going to work out with future nipple play - meaning clamps, weights etc?? This isn't exactly the kind of nipple rings where one would place weights.... or am I wrong?
Unfortunately I'm not that experienced in BDSM, thought one or two of you, might now something about this ;)

And apropos nipple piercings:

Lying down with two or three helium balloons attached to a triangle piercing can be interesting too!

Anyone able to explain what exactly a triangle piercing is??

duetta

IndigoFae
09-21-2004, 03:38 AM
I've been considering getting my nipples pierced for quite some time now.
What I would like to wear after the actual piercing are the rings that surround the nipple with a barbell going through. Hope I'm explaining this well, don't know the actual word for this kind of nipple ring. I love how this kind of ring looks...

duettaWell, that one would be just a normal barbell piercing...
And the rings, well...those are called nippleshields i think.
There are lots of different types you can use...
Just take a peek at this link Mobius has posted...
http://www.bodypunks.com/category.asp?category=NIPPLE%20RINGS&page=1
Are those sort of what you meant?

As for the other parts of your post, i'll leave that to people who know more :)

myri_SN
09-21-2004, 11:15 AM
oops, think i forgot to tell that my nipples been pierced by master 3.5 weeks ago. want rings when healed but as one bar is 16 and the other 20mm long i think the rings woudl be huge :(

Mobius
09-21-2004, 03:58 PM
oops, think i forgot to tell that my nipples been pierced by master 3.5 weeks ago. want rings when healed but as one bar is 16 and the other 20mm long i think the rings woudl be huge :(
are you saying that you have asymetrical breast. one is larger than the over. Or was your piercer did not pierce you correctly. How about a picture of your bars?

myri_SN
09-22-2004, 01:47 PM
are you saying that you have asymetrical breast. one is larger than the over. Or was your piercer did not pierce you correctly. How about a picture of your bars?

my left breast is bigger and the nipple is different to. Master pierced it a bit deeper as well, well same depth sort of but nipple is different size so it seems deeper but bar needed to be replaced by a longer one as the 16mm one squished the nipple and made it sore.
it's 3.5 weeks now and both are nearly healed.

jaeangel
09-23-2004, 10:05 AM
I'd been thinking about getting mine pierced, but...well, for those who have done it already, can i ask how you got it done? I mean...When I got my ears pierced I stopped at one of the little teen jewelry shops at the mall and sat down in the chair, and the girl there did my ears. It was fast, it didn't hurt much, I didn't even cry. I had to apply alcohol with a cotton swab and keep turning them so the post wouldn't stick in the holes, but that was it, and I never had any problems with them since.
With that as my only comparison, do things get done differently at a piercing shop? I mean...I don't know, but I might have a bit of a hard time staying still for the piercing. Should I take my handcuffs or something in case i can't hold still? Do I just walk in and say I want a nipple piercing, and they get a big needle and stick it through my tit, or is there some sort of preparatory thing beforehand? And after its done do I get alcohol and a swab and apply alcohol and keep turning the post around while its healing, so it doesn't stick or something like that? (It might be kind of hard to do, putting my hand up my shirt and looking like I'm feeling up my tit while I'm shopping or something like that.) And how do I find a good piercer, not someone who will hold up a rusty needle with an evil grin? And how much does it cost, about average? If I find someone who does it for, say, half price compared to every other place I called, does 'you get what you pay for' apply? If I pay half price, do I run the risk of complications later on?
I got my ears pierced my senior year in high school, and that was 7 years ago. My mother asked me if I wanted my ears pierced when I was in sixth grade, because all my classmates were doing it, and i told her I wasn't sure, I'd think about it. I thought about it for six years before I decided to do it. I've thought about getting my nipples pierced for almost six years now, and I think I'm ready to do it, but I'm not sure what to expect. Can anybody help me out? Your story, your experience would be greatly appreciated. :o

Ladywynn
09-23-2004, 10:34 AM
As with all piercing desicions, if you go to a shop, check the place out beforehand. Is it clean, do they have autoclave equipment? Is each piece in it's own package if not? I debated for a long time and decided to get my clit hood pierced at the local shop after hearing very good things about the guy who did it. Are the piercers friendly? Do they answer your questions, allieviate your fears? I would not trust my nipples to someone who won't stop to answer my questions! :)
*giggles at the thought of someone randomly stabbing nipples with a needle*
I can't answer about how they do it because I haven't had my nipples pierced, but with the hood, they asked me to remove my skirt and panties, sit back in the chair, relax. He cleaned the area carefully and explained how it would be done, waited for me to be ready, and then it was over. Honestly it hurt, but it was a split second, and then it was done. lol handcuffs are probably not a good idea, but take a friend! They can hold your hand and help calm and relax you :)
Can't answer about the alcohol question... I believe that sea salt solution was actually recommended instead of anything else.
Price hmm, I think one nipple piercing costs about $50-65 here? Unsure.
Good luck :)

cerns_slave_kaz
09-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Hi I'm new here but had to reply to this post:

I had my left nipple peirced in Febuary and loved it so much I couldn't wait to get my right done 8 weeks later. :D

I loved the acual peircing part ( well I am a pain slut lol) and Master and I both love my nipple rings now, there so much fun. Even had my right one photo'd as i had it peirced hehe

Healing for me didn't take to long, about 2 months. Yet I will say, cleaning is of the upmost importance, slat water and if they are sore or weeping then witchhazel works great, two to three times a day. I usually clean with witchhazel after a play session also.

Thinking of getting my labia done next *grin*

Hope this helps

kaz

esclava
09-23-2004, 02:39 PM
Hiya! I have both nipples, outer labia and my hood all pierced (and each of them stretched at least one gauge/step since the initial piercing). Absolutely find a very reputable piercer in your area. If you search on the http://www.bmezine.com/ website you'll find lots of stories, FAQ's and info, including references to good studios. Needles should be single-use and sterile-sealed before starting. Instruments should be sterilized and the piercer should be double-gloved.

For healing, the current popular method is sea-salt soaks to speed healing and soften the inevitable "crusties" (dried lymph fluid) that will seep out. Basically you should leave 'em alone as much as possible for the first few weeks. I was instructed to turn my barbells and wiggled them gently ONLY in the shower under running water for the first two weeks. NO touching otherwise. Diluted lavender or tea tree oil can be used to prevent infection, as well as a good medical-quality antibacterial soap like Provon. Absolutely NO ALCOHOL. Alcohol dries and irritates the skin and will burn like hell. (Which might be fun later, but not when you're trying to heal a fresh piercing. :p )

Hope this helps!

jaeangel
09-24-2004, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the advice, you all are great, I love you!
One quesion. Why is it okay to use alcohol on ear piercings but not on nipple piercings?

myri_SN
09-24-2004, 03:12 PM
my master pierced my clit hood in march, it was healed within 3 days, a month later or so we stretched it to put a thicker ring though which left it quite sore for a week and was more painfull than the piercing itself.
4 weeks ago he pierced my nipples, both times he used needles, same type as for playing really, about 2mm thick or so, i rather called them canal pipes not needles when i saw them. :eek:
played a bit with them after two weeks, i mean a tiny bit. now they are fine, no more crispy crunchy nipples and stuff. look all healed but accidentally catching them is quite painfull. can pull on them fine but by accident makes me jump through the roof (funny at work, i wonder what my collegues think when i suddenly jump very startled :rolleyes: ).
people might be shocked that i let my master do the piercing but i couldn't imagine someone else touching me or seeing parts they are not supposed to see sort of :o . me shy ya know... but i trust him and i know he wouldn't damage me and he took care to keep them clean. who gets daily aftercare at a piercing studio?
i showered just before the piercing and keep them clean with hibyscrub, surgical skin cleanser, while i have my shower in the morning, sort of twist the soap into the nipple by moving the bars. when they were a tiny bit infected last week i just put a bit of savlon cream on them which fixed that fast.
I put piercing them off for months as all i heard was horrorstorries about them not healing and being sore for at least 6 months. so i thought first i like nipple play far too much to leave them alone that long and even though i like pain i don't want to be constantly sore, that's not fun just annoying. but they were fine. i think it's all keeping them clean and no problems what so ever.

jaeangel
09-24-2004, 03:54 PM
I put piercing them off for months as all i heard was horrorstorries about them not healing and being sore for at least 6 months. so i thought first i like nipple play far too much to leave them alone that long and even though i like pain i don't want to be constantly sore, that's not fun just annoying. but they were fine. i think it's all keeping them clean and no problems what so ever.
I'd put off getting my ears done for 6 YEARS! And my nipples for the same amount of time! But I think I'm finally going to take the plunge...as soon as I get the money. Might have to get them done one at a time. Too bad I don't have a Master like yours to do it for me!! My hubby was horrified by the idea...but a kiosk just opened up at the local mall with a display case full of body jewelry, and one of them was this pair of absolutely gorgeous nipple shields, one with the word 'hubby's' and the other with the word 'tits'. If i wore them together they'd spell 'Hubby's tits'. He fell in love with them, and he said if I got my nipples pierced he'd buy those for me. So I'm really really considering it now, because he rarely buys me anything like that. Last Christmas I got a cookware set, the christmas before I got a vacuum cleaner, and for my birthday he got me a Dustbuster. Useful items, to be sure, but not very pretty or romantic!! I got him a wallet with his favorite football team's logo, a Zippo lighter with his fave team logo on it, and a model car kit of the Enzo Ferrari (he's obsessed with his model car hobby.)

myri_SN
09-25-2004, 05:06 AM
well my ears were done the first time when i was about 3 or 4,the second set i got myself when i was 19 on the way home from swimming with my sister, we decided that i had mine done on the bus ride. i have to say even though i paid for them they were done badly. first they pushed the butterfly back of the earings i wore into my ear which caused so much scarring that you can't even find my first set from the back anymore and gave me my first infected ears. the healing of thos two new wounds on each ear took months and the slightest touch made them bleed. i suppose any spectator would have though someone stabbed me. they are fine now although i still get the odd infection and the new set keeps closing as soon as i take my jewellery out for one day. master already proposed to redo them with a big needle. guess that is the sadist in him.... :rolleyes: :o :eek:

Sulwen
10-05-2004, 06:55 PM
Heh. My Mom did my ears for the first time in the kitchen with a sewing needle when I was six days old. The second with a gun in the mall when I was nine. My bellybutton... two and a half years ago (or so) and my tongue a year ago this Thanksgiving.

Of all of them, the tongue hurt the least (that I can remember, anyway) and the bellybutton the most. I've found, between the two most recent piercings, that the best way for me to heal is to completely ignore the piercer's instructions. They told me to use the antibacterial soap and no alcohol/peroxide on the bellybutton ring. Six months later I was still getting infections. When I ditched the soap and started using hydrogen peroxide, it finished healing in less than a month. On the tongue they told me to suck on ice (which doesn't work for me. Ice is too cold; it makes my mouth hurt) to keep the swelling down, and swish with mouthwash X times a day. Having had my previous experience, I completely ignored that and just lived off Slimfast shakes for three days. The fourth day was Thanksgiving (yeah, great timing, huh?) and I wasn't about to miss my mother's cooking!

Now, as for the peircing gun.... they're BAD. What they do is take a (slightly) sharpened ear stud, fit it into a gun, and ram it through your ear, then put the backing on. The gun is never steralized because it 'doesn't come in contact with bodily fluids', never mind the fact that the impact causes such fluids to spray, and the lack of a truely sharp needle means the hole is ragged and takes longer to heal. I've also found that this piercing tends to close up quicker than holes done with an actual piercing needle. If I'd been a little smarter at nine and done some research, I'd never have gotten it done there. It'd be better to go to Tractor Supply and pick up a few of the hypodermic needles they use for horses, of the appropriate size, and do it yourself then be subjected to the gun.

Though I wouldn't recommend that to anyone, honestly. Especially if it's a nerve-rich area. When it comes to having new holes put in your body, find someone trustworthy.

Chuckdom19
10-05-2004, 09:58 PM
I'd been thinking about getting mine pierced, but...well, for those who have done it already, can i ask how you got it done? I mean...When I got my ears pierced I stopped at one of the little teen jewelry shops at the mall and sat down in the chair, and the girl there did my ears. It was fast, it didn't hurt much, I didn't even cry. I had to apply alcohol with a cotton swab and keep turning them so the post wouldn't stick in the holes, but that was it, and I never had any problems with them since.
With that as my only comparison, do things get done differently at a piercing shop? I mean...I don't know, but I might have a bit of a hard time staying still for the piercing. Should I take my handcuffs or something in case i can't hold still? Do I just walk in and say I want a nipple piercing, and they get a big needle and stick it through my tit, or is there some sort of preparatory thing beforehand? And after its done do I get alcohol and a swab and apply alcohol and keep turning the post around while its healing, so it doesn't stick or something like that? (It might be kind of hard to do, putting my hand up my shirt and looking like I'm feeling up my tit while I'm shopping or something like that.) And how do I find a good piercer, not someone who will hold up a rusty needle with an evil grin? And how much does it cost, about average? If I find someone who does it for, say, half price compared to every other place I called, does 'you get what you pay for' apply? If I pay half price, do I run the risk of complications later on?
I got my ears pierced my senior year in high school, and that was 7 years ago. My mother asked me if I wanted my ears pierced when I was in sixth grade, because all my classmates were doing it, and i told her I wasn't sure, I'd think about it. I thought about it for six years before I decided to do it. I've thought about getting my nipples pierced for almost six years now, and I think I'm ready to do it, but I'm not sure what to expect. Can anybody help me out? Your story, your experience would be greatly appreciated. :o

My daughter had it done to both (she's 21, it's ok...). She had no problems, but she was fussy where she went. If you go in the shop and it's dirty, leave. If they aren't using sanitized tools, leave. If the first thing they do isn't to clean the site with peroxide or something, leave. If they don't sanitize the barbell, leave. Pick out the kind of jewelry you wish and bring it with you. (If they complain about THAT, leave running fast). Perhaps even do what my girl did; she put some paper tape on the ring and wore it for a week to see if it would bother her. Her nips are always standing up, so interfacing with bracups is a concern; a week gave it a good test. She liked the feeling and had it done.
Check to see if they have a health inspector license; necessary in some states and communities. See how long they've been in business. Afterwards,
they should give you a care-kit, or advise you what to do, including warning signs of infection.
In short, common sense. Don't go to a kiosk in the mall. Get solid stainless steel, sterling silver or heavy gold plate. The extra investment in quality may protect you from an infection.
They look pretty, and can be "load-bearing" if you wish: determine the actual site with that in mind.

Good luck! Gifs or jpegs when you're done? Please?

albear
10-06-2004, 04:48 AM
A couple of things I'd watch out for if going to a new piercer:

1. Has the piercer completed a Skin Penetration Guidelines (http://www.nt.gov.au/health/healthdev/environ_health/environmental/legislation/hair2ah.shtml) course? I'm not sure about outside of Australia, but here the guidelines vary from state to state, but cover the same grounds.

2. Does the establishment autoclave their re-usable instruments, and are all instruments presented to you sealed or brand new? Make sure they open them in front of you. If you take your own jewellery they'll need at least an hour to autoclave it prior to piercing (and it'll cost you about ten bucks) and they have the right to refuse to use it if it's nicked or not up to standard.

3. Make sure they know what they're talking about. If they say anything you think is possibly dodgy, run for the hills! If you don't feel right, get out of there. If they make you feel stupid at any point, leave. You shouldn't be made to feel silly for asking questions.

4. Listen to aftercare instructions, but use your noggin. Anything alcohol based will disrupt your cells healing. What has worked best for me is soaking the new piercing in warm water with sea salts (kind of awkward to hold a cup over your boob, but bear with it) and castile soap with a little lavender oil can help too. Don't confuse healing (the white-ish crusties) with infection (yellow pus, hot to touch, insanely sore, general feling of unwell/fever)

I have a nice little horror story of my own :D I sat down to get my tragus pierced in a little corner cosmetics shop who shared their piercing space with excess stock. I sat down on the big scary dentist chair, and the piercer goes "Hang on darl, theres a spot of blood there", proceeded to wipe the dried blood up and dispose of the wipe, placing his gloved hand in the bio-hazard bin. He went to proceed to pierce me, and by then I should've been miles away, screaming and waving my hands in the air like a raving lunatic. Learn from my mistake, if you're not comfortable, get outta there!

Sailor861
10-06-2004, 07:04 AM
Dear albear and all:

Many thanks for these interesting insights into nipple piercing. My sub is considering having her nipples done (fairly soon, I hope) and I am going to direct her to this page for her information. Thanks again. :D

A couple of things I'd watch out for if going to a new piercer:

1. Has the piercer completed a Skin Penetration Guidelines (http://www.nt.gov.au/health/healthdev/environ_health/environmental/legislation/hair2ah.shtml) course? I'm not sure about outside of Australia, but here the guidelines vary from state to state, but cover the same grounds.

2. Does the establishment autoclave their re-usable instruments, and are all instruments presented to you sealed or brand new? Make sure they open them in front of you. If you take your own jewellery they'll need at least an hour to autoclave it prior to piercing (and it'll cost you about ten bucks) and they have the right to refuse to use it if it's nicked or not up to standard.

3. Make sure they know what they're talking about. If they say anything you think is possibly dodgy, run for the hills! If you don't feel right, get out of there. If they make you feel stupid at any point, leave. You shouldn't be made to feel silly for asking questions.

4. Listen to aftercare instructions, but use your noggin. Anything alcohol based will disrupt your cells healing. What has worked best for me is soaking the new piercing in warm water with sea salts (kind of awkward to hold a cup over your boob, but bear with it) and castile soap with a little lavender oil can help too. Don't confuse healing (the white-ish crusties) with infection (yellow pus, hot to touch, insanely sore, general feling of unwell/fever)

I have a nice little horror story of my own :D I sat down to get my tragus pierced in a little corner cosmetics shop who shared their piercing space with excess stock. I sat down on the big scary dentist chair, and the piercer goes "Hang on darl, theres a spot of blood there", proceeded to wipe the dried blood up and dispose of the wipe, placing his gloved hand in the bio-hazard bin. He went to proceed to pierce me, and by then I should've been miles away, screaming and waving my hands in the air like a raving lunatic. Learn from my mistake, if you're not comfortable, get outta there!

jaeangel
10-06-2004, 01:34 PM
...maybe I'm not ready for nipple piercings now...
I went and talked to a couple of people at my hubby's work, who are mostly in their teens or early twenties, and they almost all recommended this one place right down the road from my place called 'modern Man Modifications'. I went there, they did look clean, and neat, and i sat there and pretended to look at designs while the counterperson talked to two teenaged girls. He told them all the same stuff you've said here...and then told me it costs about $50.
I went to another tattoo and piercing place, and walkedin, and the stuf they told me about heaing times and aftercare kind of didn't sound like the stuff Modern Man' told me. Even though they offered to do my piercings for $25 each, i think I'd rather go to Modern Man. After all, if I'm putting holes in me in a place where the Goddess didn't intend for holes to be (she would have put the holes in herself if she did), I don't want to 'get what I pay for'.
Thank you for all the advice, and I'm definitely going to the more expensive place when I am ready to get it done!!

jtiggr
10-11-2004, 03:21 PM
ringer's handle is obvious, because of her nip rings (& others too)
She's had her nip rings for 15+ years, and loves them. We started with 14 gauge and she now likes the 10 gauge ones even better.

As noted in other emails, cleanliness is essential. Hot showers helped and use of hydrogen peroxide. She also turned the rings several times during the day. Very sore for one day, tender for a couple of days after that, and slowly graduated to nothing over the remaining 2 months. Regular tit play helped to ease the soreness, but no pulling on the nipples. If you are intending on using the rings for bondage, wait until she says it's ok.

Ringer loves the rings, and has never regretted getting them. As you can see in the pic, she sometimes uses them for attaching charms. She especially enjoys wearing sheer blouses and showing her rings off.

If you really don't like them after a year, you can always take them out and let the holes seal up.

jtiggr
10-11-2004, 03:22 PM
these pics were taken in Florence while were on vacation a couple of years ago.

jtiggr
10-11-2004, 03:26 PM
out & showing

Jai
01-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Sorry to drag quite an old thread up from the grave but...

I got one of mine done about three months back, and around christmas got a spot develop right next to one of the holes. This led to a bit of blood and puss for a couple of days and I bathed it in saline solution as well as using a bit of disinfectant cream. Within 2 or 3 days it appeared it had fully healed up and was fine, but today it has come back in exactly the same place.

Is this something i am going to have to put up with repeatedly coming back? is it my body rejecting the bar? or is there something else i could try??

:confused:

myri_SN
01-12-2005, 11:23 AM
since i got my piercings in august i can now finally show them off :D :D

AndrewBlack
01-13-2005, 01:35 PM
Very nice. Hope you're planning to install some rings there?

myri_SN
01-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Very nice. Hope you're planning to install some rings there?
only put rings in sometimes for a day and they have to be 1" or it wont work, and they still make them go all infected and very very sore. rings no good :(

redEva
01-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Jai,

what kind of metal? most reactions are allergy to metal and the most tolerated metal is still gold.

see your doctor when it flares up - it is good to get the professional opinion!

sayuri
01-14-2005, 12:52 AM
The only material I wear in all my piercings (well, exept for the surface bar on my nape) is titanium. Not surgical steel. Some people do fine with ST, but I absolutely recommend titanium.

Also I think it's best to avoid using any kind of cream or desinfection stuff, just warm water. Again, some people do fine when caring their piercings with chemicals, but very often it makes the skin dry and irritates the wound.

My nipples took about 3 months to heal to the point they could be played with, but it may take up to one year. Any pressure, stretching or irritation should be avoided during the healing process.

Here's my nipples:

Jai
01-14-2005, 01:28 AM
Thanks, for your answers people.

I'm using surgical steel at the moment, but was thinkin of changing to titanium, so I may do that sooner rather than later now.

myri_SN
01-14-2005, 11:50 AM
The only material I wear in all my piercings (well, exept for the surface bar on my nape) is titanium. Not surgical steel. Some people do fine with ST, but I absolutely recommend titanium.

Also I think it's best to avoid using any kind of cream or desinfection stuff, just warm water. Again, some people do fine when caring their piercings with chemicals, but very often it makes the skin dry and irritates the wound.

My nipples took about 3 months to heal to the point they could be played with, but it may take up to one year. Any pressure, stretching or irritation should be avoided during the healing process.

Here's my nipples:
mine were fine after a couple of weeks but only played with them after a month. there wa sno infection and so on.

LikesItSoft
01-17-2005, 01:24 PM
(NOTE: I am LikesitSoft's wife. Don't have my own name here, at least not yet. ;))

I had my left nipple pierced in 1997 and removed the ring permanently in 1999 or 2000. I loved it...it was more sensitive and was really quite an exquisite feeling. It was not at all painful to get the piercing, but cleaning it according to the piercer's guidelines was not pleasant. I did not enjoy that part.

I do not honesty recall the healing time, but remember it was a little quicker than expected because I had been on antibiotics at the time for something else. When the course of antibiotics was over, though, I did get a mild infection at the piercing site. That went away easily, though.

Now....piercing and lactating. Piercings CAN cause problems with milk flow depending on how many of the 20-40 ducts they pierce. I was quite worried during my pregnancy about this, as I removed my ring becuause it was accidentally pulled HARD, so I was afraid there was extra damage done.

As it turns out, I've had no problems breastfeeding as far as milk supply.(only going on one month so far....sweet little Jett.) My problem (inconvenience only) is that the hole remaining on the outer side of my nipple never totally closed and leaks profusely when my milk lets down. I can easily soak an 8 inch circle on my shirt or the sheets. Milk ducts are surrounded with muscle cells and contract to restrain the milk flow. Piercing holes don't. :rolleyes:

Anyway...that's my story. Oh, and Hello!! Pardon my lurking, please.

-Jaclyn, who intends to obtain the screen name, "Aletta."

AndrewBlack
01-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Stunning nipple piercings sayuri, thank you for posting the picture:)