PDA

View Full Version : want to try to right story

allalone46
04-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Ok that sead, I have several ideas for storys in my head, and I believe I can right them down, but I do have a problem, I did lok at the submit story part in the story area, but were and how do I right the story, I was hopping there was a place to put a story on here and keep it while I was working on it and than posting it. but I can't find a place to do that. Can someone help a computer illeteret like me. I stil have a problem figuring out how to run the defrag on this thing.

GarrickBailley
04-16-2005, 08:16 PM
just write it in any word processor, like Word or Wordperfect. Once you're done, run a spell check then come and submit it online here

Ruby
04-16-2005, 08:51 PM
While I prefer to do as Garrick suggested and keep my story in one big file,
some of my writing friends like to save each chapter as its own file.

Whether your on a Mac or windows machine.

Open a new folder.
Name it the title of your story.
Save all your story files into this folder so you can find them later.

If your borrowing someone else's machine and you don't want
them to see what your doing or save it there,
then open a free account at Yahoo or MSN mail.
Write your stories in the document of the e-mail and send them to yourself.
You can open e-mail folders in those accounts and file the e-mails
appropriately.

It just like having a folder with paper files in or on your desk.
Organization is key.

Good luck!

allalone46
04-17-2005, 05:34 AM
just write it in any word processor, like Word or Wordperfect. Once you're done, run a spell check then come and submit it online here Don't have a word processor, and I was hopping to do all of this on the computer. Aslo I don't know who to pot it here, that is what I am asking.

allalone46
04-17-2005, 05:40 AM
While I prefer to do as Garrick suggested and keep my story in one big file,
some of my writing friends like to save each chapter as its own file.

Whether your on a Mac or windows machine.

Open a new folder.
Name it the title of your story.
Save all your story files into this folder so you can find them later.

If your borrowing someone else's machine and you don't want
them to see what your doing or save it there,
then open a free account at Yahoo or MSN mail.
Write your stories in the document of the e-mail and send them to yourself.
You can open e-mail folders in those accounts and file the e-mails
appropriately.

It just like having a folder with paper files in or on your desk.
Organization is key.

Good luck! I am on window, and on my botehrs computer and no I can't acess Yahoo, or MSN. Tryed befoe and all it did was jam up the computer, and it took several hundred dollars to fix. Not doing that again. Is there any other way I can do this on this computer and than send it to the site. Aslo just how do i put it in there. I read the instructions but I eat hungarian gulosh not read it. And no I was not making joke. That is the way I see the instructions. Like Isaid I have no Idea how to do most things on a computer. And a computer course is not an option, and I have tried books and get lost in them.

GarrickBailley
04-17-2005, 11:15 AM
a word processor is a program, on your computer, that will allow you to type your story and save it on your hard drive. If you have windows, I know you at least have wordpad. Press the start button (in the lower left corner), go to programs (usually at the bottom of the pop up list), then accessories, then click on "wordpad". There you can type your story and save it on your computer. Hope this helps