PDA

View Full Version : Where did it go??

Barton
04-17-2005, 08:56 PM
What happened to the photo shop thread???

Chuckdom19
04-17-2005, 09:31 PM
What happened to the photo shop thread???

Yeah. Thought this was the place for original art.

Chuck

Tiger
04-17-2005, 10:56 PM
If you mean the photos uploaded by John Z, they were removed because they are manipulated images from copyrighted photos.

Ruby
05-15-2005, 01:30 AM
If you mean the photos uploaded by John Z, they were removed because they are manipulated images from copyrighted photos.

Not all of them were used without permission. I know that T and I gave him permission to edit some of my photos and post.

I hope we haven't lost a great talent, because the photo police decided he was guilty without evidence of proof.

I do understand that using copyrighted photos is against the law, so perhaps if we encourage John Z by giving him permission to use our pics, he'll return and share his work with us. ;)

Marco
05-15-2005, 03:28 AM
Dear Ruby,

>Not all of them were used without permission. I know that T and I gave him permission to edit some of my photos and post.

>I hope we haven't lost a great talent, because the photo police decided he was guilty without evidence of proof.

>I do understand that using copyrighted photos is against the law, so perhaps if we encourage John Z by giving him permission to use our pics, he'll return and share his work with us.

I don't know "John Z." I CAN, however, infer the general locus of "the photo police". The Internet seems (to me) to have EXCEEDINGLY POOR lawyers advising the sites. THIS situation is an excellent example of my observation that people intending to "find fact(s)", "draw conclusions", and "take actions" need to learn to interrogate (i.e. ask questions) FIRST before exercising their prerogatives. "Checks and balances" DO exist for Internet abuses, but the FCC Complaint process is rather cumbersome. Then again, I thoroughly comprehend the FCC regulatory process, so, I DO tend to "march across the Internet" UNAFRAID! (Ref.: end-thesis of Movie "Full Metal Jacket": "We're in a world of sh*t but we're unafraid!" ... Letter home to "Momma" of one of the G.I.'s at the retaking of Hue after the Viet Cong's failed 1968 "Tet [so-called] Offensive": where Media may have begun its penchant for "creating news".)

Respectfully submitted,
... Marco. :) :cool: ;) :cool: :)

Tiger
05-15-2005, 12:17 PM
John Z admitted that some of his photos were taken from internet and some photos were identified without proper copyright. Since he did not include any note on copyright, I removed all the pictures from his thread.

Ruby's suggestion is a great idea. If any of you provide him with your pictures, I will be happy to have them here. All he needs to do is leaving a note regarding the source of the pictures. I would hate to lose a telent too. So, John Z, are you still there? Can you hear me?