PDA

View Full Version : BDSM in the novels of Bernard J. Taylor

mvasillio
05-22-2003, 09:15 PM
If you haven't read any of the novels in the Terrell Newman series by novelist Bernard J. Taylor, you're missing out big time. This is one of the best writers I have read. I have read all of the first five books in the series and can highly recommend them to people both inside and outside the BDSM communities. Only two of the first five are specifically concerned with BDSM ("The House of Correction" and "Goddess of Darkness") but all of them examine some aspects of D/s with great understanding and humor. They are also all great murder mysteries than keep you turning the pages until you get to the end. The characters are terrific and three-dimensional (unlike the ones you find in a lot of books aimed specifically at the BDSM market) and they could do a lot to help extend understanding and tolerance of BDSM and other alternative llifetsyles.

I have started up a Yahoo group named after one of the novels - Goddess of Darkness (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Goddess-of-Darkness/) - but it is not concerned only with this novel or the author. The group is mainly concerned with Femdom, with an emphasis on Femdom writing, but is open to general discussions about D/s . This group has attracted more than 1200 members in just over a month, including a number of Dommes who are well known to all those involved in BDSM.

You can find out more about the Terrell Newman books on the author's website: http://www.bernardjtaylor.com/bookindex.html

Tiger
06-18-2003, 12:41 AM
Well, I guess I am the one that missed out big time. So do all his books talk about femdom? BTW, I can see your group got almost 1800 members in just a bit over 2 months. Impressive.

Welcome aboard.

Jinn

mvasillio
06-24-2003, 03:08 AM
No, the books don't just talk about Femdom. If they did they would be very boring. In fact the word Femdom is never mentioned. But they offer a lot of insights into D/s and society in general, but in a non-preachy way. They are also exciting murder mysteries aimed at a mainstream audience.