PDA

View Full Version : Turning the world upside down

Fox
05-26-2003, 09:01 AM
In today's world, the practitioners of BDSM tend to be an "underground society" ... which brings me to a story idea.

THE CONCEPT:

BDSM, torture and public executions, recreational sex, polygamy are the worldwide norm. Vanilla sex is considered abnormal, perverted and disgusting.
And so ...
The story is about a woman or man who is NOT into BDSM and who DOES desire a romantic vanilla relationship.

Any one interested in writing this?:confused:

redEva
05-26-2003, 04:34 PM
I must be really up-side-down cause I do consider almost any real life BDSM needs romance, love etc. hmmmmm :confused:

but as a story - not a bad idea at all ;)

Curtis
05-27-2003, 09:33 PM
I suggest you try any of several thousand Harlequin Romances (available at used book stores for $2 each -- that would be $2.75 for those in the canflation zone).

Many of them are very well written. Some are ghost-written by relatively famous fantasy authors who need to keep body and soul together. Phyllis Ann Karr and Anne McCaffrey have both written romances, and I suspect Mercedes Lackey and Barbra Hambly have as well.

On the other hand, if you were thinking of posting a romance on THIS site, remember the rule is: only if you include a frog in a frying pan.

Fox
05-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Curtis

On the other hand, if you were thinking of posting a romance on THIS site, remember the rule is: only if you include a frog in a frying pan. [/B]

Heh heh, I'm only suggesting a story idea. If I write it for this site, it won't be a Harlequin. And the frog might well wish it were in a frying pan (done right, the legs taste like chicken). My inclination, based on this storyline, is a frog in a blender...

Co- incidentally Harelquin has a line for 'adult fiction' that is extremely popular. And yes, many authors famous and not-so-famous write for them - they are a BIG company. They're not on my speed dial but I know them well :)