PDA

View Full Version : "Open Universe" story - multiple writers

T-Luv
06-10-2003, 09:11 PM
I have an idea for something fun to do with my story The Recreation Society: allow other writers to contribute installments.

For those unfamiliar with the series, here's a brief description: The Society is a secret, private sex/BDSM club that enslaves teenage girls. The series has no big plot, per se, but rather presents a series of 'vignettes' - short glimpses into the things that take place in this club. Each chapter describes a single session between Master(s)/Mistress(es) and Slave(s).

The only frequently recurring characters are Master Stephen, the owner/founder of the club, and Kacie, a 14YO slave. Stephen appears in nearly every chapter in one capacity of another - either as a participant in a scene, or acting in his "host" role. Kacie is the one slave whose training will be followed from her initial abduction and initiation onward. Kacie appears every 3-4 chapters. All the other chapters will feature different slaves and different clients. Kind of like a television series - a handful of regular characters and numerous guest stars.

What I would like to do is write the Kacie scenes myself, and open the series up for other authors to write the other chapters.

I've already developed a "Style Reference" for the series, in the form of a set of bylaws for the Society. The Society has a strict set of guidelines describing the types of sex acts and tortures that may be inflicted upon the slaves, all based on the slave's ages. For example, a 13YO slave may only be fucked and spanked; slaves are subjected to more and more as they get older, until at 18YO they are open to just about anything. The official explanation for these rules is that Stephen doesn't want the slaves to be ruined by subjecting them to too much at too young an age. He wants them to still be reasonably "fresh" when they reach 18. The real world explanation is that the rules encourage variety in the scenes, so there will be a good mix of light & heavy scenes.

What do you all think of this idea to open up the series to other authors?

Curtis
06-10-2003, 10:43 PM
If you're not too particular about the quality and style of the submissions you receive, this might work out well for you.

Your style sheet is a good idea, but it will probably cut way down on the number of submissions you receive (which will probably be a good thing).

I wish you good luck, but I think you might be better off to ask for story ideas to write yourself, if burnout is your problem. If the problem is a lack of time in which to work on the story, then you've got a legitimate excuse for farming out the work (editing is MUCH faster than writing).

I just have to remember past attempts at shared world stories (Camelot, Merovingen Nights, Thieves' World) and how uneven the results from those was.